Debate Now Why Is Being "Politically Correct" A Bad Thing To Some People?

We're walking down the street and I say " I'll give you $100 bucks if you can point out the midget to me " .

How will you respond ?
It depends.

Play with Ravi. I don't have anymore time for this.
I have to conclude that really means you cant prove you can read minds as good as you thought you could.

That would be a might poor conclusion. I guess you don't predict people's motives as well as you think.

i wasn't following along cuz i'm busy at work...
He was claiming that if he used the term midget I would understand what he meant. I assumed he could read minds and asked him what I was thinking which of course he couldnt answer.

We're walking down the street and I say " I'll give you $100 bucks if you can point out the midget to me " .

How will you respond ?
It depends.

Play with Ravi. I don't have anymore time for this.
I have to conclude that really means you cant prove you can read minds as good as you thought you could.

That would be a might poor conclusion. I guess you don't predict people's motives as well as you think.
Since you said I would know what you meant then I dont have to do any predicting. You obviously thought you could read my mind.

you know what a midget is right ?

if he was a midget how would your insulting him facilitate this ideal communication you say you'd like?
He cant even prove that he and I both have the same concept of midget. For all he knows I might think its a small rabbit.
If you're that stupid then there would be no point in continuing the conversation and I could go on my merry way.
The classical liberal lie.

if he was a midget how would your insulting him facilitate this ideal communication you say you'd like?
He cant even prove that he and I both have the same concept of midget. For all he knows I might think its a small rabbit.
If you're that stupid then there would be no point in continuing the conversation and I could go on my merry way.
Why would that be stupid? There are dwarf rabbits and as you posted in your definition of midget, dwarf is a synonym of midget. Dont get angry and shut down because you cant really define things for other people to match up to what you what them to think.

Why would that be stupid? There are dwarf rabbits and as you posted in your definition of midget, dwarf is a synonym of midget. Dont get angry and shut down because you cant really define things for other people to match up to what you what them to think.

Dude-----I gave you an example of a group of PEOPLE and asked you to pick out the midget.

Dude-----I gave you an example of a group of PEOPLE and asked you to pick out the midget.
If I thought a midget was a rabbit then I would think you were crazy. Thats why I said it depends. You just cant accept the fact that you were wrong in assuming that your definition of midget is the same as any other person. For example what if the group of people were all NBA players?

If I thought a midget was a rabbit then I would think you were crazy. Thats why I said it depends.

I dont give a shit what you think. You would either pick out the midget or you wouldn't.

If I thought a midget was a rabbit then I would think you were crazy. Thats why I said it depends.

I dont give a shit what you think. You would either pick out the midget or you wouldn't.
Youre getting emotional and you swore you didnt do that. I apologize.

i wasn't following along cuz i'm busy at work...
He was claiming that if he used the term midget I would understand what he meant. I assumed he could read minds and asked him what I was thinking which of course he couldnt answer.

what i'm saying is what if you are a midget, first of all..or related to one.. or just feel compelled to defend vulnerable minorities from the language of insensitive bullies..

replace the word midget with all manner of slurs and then wonder how the heck does disregarding others wishes help with the ideal communication he supposedly seeks?

once you know people find a particular term offensive, why would anyone go out of their way to disregard and insult others, if ideal communication is what they truly seek...

I never swore that I didnt get emotional. Now you're just making shit up again. A real impediment to communication.

I never swore that I didnt get emotional. Now you're just making shit up again. A real impediment to communication.
You didnt tell me that you dont get bothered by words or something to that effect?

so dillo and others can claim that pointing out that slurs offend is a barrier to communication, but really the slur is the initial barrier...a thoughtless wrench thrown into communication.

You didnt tell me that you dont get bothered by words or something to that effect?

Which is nothing like claiming I didn't get emotional. Your communication skills are sinking fast.

so dillo and others can claim that pointing out that slurs offend is a barrier to communication, but really the slur is the initial barrier...a thoughtless wrench thrown into communication.
Why is the initial slur the barrier ?

Forum List

Back