Debate Now Why Is Being "Politically Correct" A Bad Thing To Some People?

thanks, asclepias.. i wasn't about to go searching..

imo it is obvious and any denial of such is patently disingenuous...

Bah---the worlds is just sick of all the PC shit in general.

again, the hazy meaning of 'PC' is conveniently conflated to excuse vile things...

Agreed------it needs a good definition because it has nothing to do with politics. Just has to do with who gets offended by words and what those words are.

The only reason communication fails when a non PC word is involved is because person who is supposedly offended stops communicating. They know perfectly well what the speaker means.
You claimed before you could read minds and I proved you wrong. How many times are you going to try the same tactic?
Lie......I never claimed I could read minds. Lying is an impediment to communication.
You just claimed "they know perfectly well".. How do you know this if you are not reading their minds?

Experience and observation of reality. Do we have to do the Midget game again ?
You have no experience with reading minds. All you have to do is answer my question or read my mind and tell me what I think of when you say midget.

Last edited:
The answer to the OP question depends on how we define what is and what is not deemed "politically correct."

Here is but one example:

When police have shot and killed some black criminal suspects, the roar from the crowd (not just blacks, either) goes up "Black lives matter!"

Well duh. OF COURSE black lives matter. So do the lives of police officers and whites and Latinos and Asians and so forth.

It is so crystal clear, in fact, that "ALL lives matter" that a Democrat candidate even verbalized that absolutely obvious sentiment using that very phrase. He said "All lives matter." (Martin O'Malley said it.)

He got immediately and roundly and soundly castigated by the liberal hordes.

It got so bad that he found it "necessary" to APOLOGIZE for having had the temerity to SAY it.

-- O'Malley apologizes for saying 'all lives matter' - CNNPolitics.com

When we have reached a point that political correctness somehow compels an "apology" for saying something that is flatly true, then political correctness is itself a thing that needs to go.

I defined politically correct for you. If you dont agree with the definition then your replies are of no interest to me.

politically correct
adjective
demonstrating progressive ideals, esp by avoiding vocabulary that is considered offensive, discriminatory, or judgmental, esp concerning race and gender PC

I went back as you edited to re-read your OP. No.

You had NOT defined "politically correct."

I then returned here to reply to your post, and see that you have edited, now, your response to my last post.

NOW you have defined PC.

The EXAMPLE I used is damn well an example of PC by YOUR daffynition.

And your definition is highly subjective anyway (i.e., what is or is not considered "offensive" is obviously a product of your preconceived notions).

As to whether my response to your question is of interest to you or not, I am indifferent to that.

You can address the point made or you can deflect. Either way, it's fine by me.
I didnt say I defined it in the OP. I said I defined it for you. Post #16

And you think people wade through all of the posts in one of your threads to find the one or two nuggets which may possibly have some hint of value?

No.

Here's the way it works. I read your OP. No definition there. YOU then said you had defined it. Ok. But it was not clear WHERE you had defined it.

Then, once you HAD defined it (in a later post, nice and clear) I disputed THAT definition too.

Also, even AS you attempt to define it, it remains highly subjective;

and my example of PC gone amok is still fully on point.

So, I have now answered your OP question. PC is crap when a guy like O'Malley finds it necessary to "apologize" for having said something simple, obvious and truthful.
No thats not how it works. I said I defined it and provided the definition for you again in hopes of an intelligent reply. Thats how it works.

I'm not concerned with what you dispute. I'm concerned with an intelligent reply under the definition I posted.

Nothing you have said is on point to this point.

O'Malley apologized because he was educated to what the term Black Lives Matters actually means.

No. You cling, rather sullenly, stubbornly and stupidly, to your pedestrian marginal views.

O'Malley was not "educated" into what Black Lives Matters "means." What it means is already crystal clear.

So is the rejoinder "ALL Lives Matter."

O'Malley was cynically cowed into capitulation based on the false PC claim that "Black Lives Matter" has a meaning other than its obvious and actually intended meaning.

My response was completely on point. This explains why you flail against it. Ineffectively as per usual.

The only reason communication fails when a non PC word is involved is because person who is supposedly offended stops communicating. They know perfectly well what the speaker means.
You claimed before you could read minds and I proved you wrong. How many times are you going to try the same tactic?
Lie......I never claimed I could read minds. Lying is an impediment to communication.
You just claimed "they know perfectly well".. How do you know this if you are not reading their minds?

You have no experience with reading minds. All you have to do is answer my question.

Ok---three dudes are drowing and I say----"I'll grab two of em---you grab the ******".
I'm betting you know exactly which one I'm talking about.

You have no experience with reading minds. All you have to do is answer my question.

Ok---three dudes are drowing and I say----"I'll grab two of em---you grab the ******".
I do? How do you know I would know exactly which one you were talking about? That would be like me expecting you to know which people were cave chimps in a crowd of people at the fair.

Agreed------it needs a good definition because it has nothing to do with politics. Just has to do with who gets offended by words and what those words are.

so you think the player calling the ref a fucking faggot is just fine and you are comfortable excusing such vile things, but truly what "the world is sick of" is thugs who go out of their way to sling or defend the slinging of such slurs..

glad the player apologized, but watch the next guy who goes out of his way to do the same while refusing to apologize cuz PC!!

common sense says assholes will be assholes but common decency tells them to stfu :rolleyes:

I do? How do you know I would know exactly which one you were talking about?

OK enough of the intellectual dishonesty. Go away and come back when you can tell the truth. Lying is an impediment to communication.

OK enough of the intellectual dishonesty. Go away and come back when you can tell the truth. Lying is an impediment to communication.
Sorry but I cant leave my thread until I say so. Avoiding the question is not going to facilitate communication. Again you claim to be able to read minds.

so you think the player calling the ref a fucking faggot is just fine and you are comfortable excusing such vile things, but truly what "the world is sick of" is thugs who go out of their way to sling or defend the slinging of such slurs..

glad the player apologized, but watch the next guy who goes out of his way to do the same while refusing to apologize cuz PC!!

common sense says assholes will be assholes but common decency tells them to stfu :rolleyes:

Hello---In some peoples world STFU is mighty offensive. Where is YOUR decency ?

i'm sure you think that's funny but weren't you just crying about someone being disingenuous?

Ironic how the PC Police are so "sensitive" to the "feelings" of certain other people only, being oh so careful to not "offend" or be "micro-aggressive".

And then they'll put together the nastiest, most toxic, most hateful possible comments for people they don't like, such as conservative Christians.

What a pile of crap.

Last edited:

Sorry but I cant leave my thread until I say so. Avoiding the question is not going to facilitate communication. Again you claim to be able to read minds.

You lie.. several times now. Your little semantic game only works on fools. If you claim that you don't know how to recognize a ******, you are the only person on this entire board who is that ignorant.

You lie.. several times now. Your little semantic game only works on fools. If you claim that you don't know how to recognize a ******, you are the only person on this entire board who is that ignorant.

You keep claiming you can read my mind. Everyone knows thats impossible.

You keep claiming you can read my mind. Everyone knows thats impossible.

another lie. They never stop.

The PC Police have proclaimed themselves to be the ultimate arbiter of what is decent or unoffensive or micro-aggressive.

And, of course, they are not, and even some honest liberals have admitted this has gone too far.

the nebulous "THIS" has gone to far...is a convenient conflation which disregards the point. again.

the nebulous "THIS" has gone to far...is a convenient conflation which disregards the point. again.

No it really doesn't. Just as people are tired of being offended by words, other people are frustrated by being told to correct their speech.

Forum List

Back