Why is Building the Wall Wrong?

Just don't turn our nation into a prison because you're frightened.

I'm not afraid of anything. YOU are the one scared shitless about a simple wall.
I'm not scared of the wall - it's little more than a symbol. I'm scared of the kind of government you morons are clamoring for. You really want an authoritarian police state, and I don't want to live like that.
We want a government that builds a wall. How is that "authoritarian?" The ACA was actual authoritarianism. The wall, on the other hand, doesn't prevent me from doing Jack.

They're both authoritarian. "It's different when we do it".
Controlling our borders is a legitimate government function. Controlling our healthcare isn't.

A wall doesn't impact my freedom in any way.

Naturalization is about citizenship. Not everyone who comes to the United States wants to become a citizen. Citizenship is a privilege.

Liberty is an unalienable Right.
You're saying the US doesn't have the right to control who crosses our borders?

Control over the border is a different issue. Is it possible for you to stay with me for a minute and answer my questions? I'm not calling you names; not slinging skeet at you. I've been so hung up on my own four decades of research and experience that I'm not sure where you're coming from.

As I've stated many times, patriots and constitutionalists didn't change, the people did. And, you represent a new breed of people with a concept that I'm trying to understand.
Answer the question: do we have the right to control who crosses our border or not?

The military has the responsibility of protecting us from foreign invasions; states have the right to regulate who they allow to come and go. If conditions warrant, we could shut the border down in a national emergency.

Is there any special reason you can't focus on one issue at a time?
In other words, you believe we don't have the right to control who crosses our borders. That's the end of the discussion.

If you want it to be the end, it's the end. If protecting the border from foreign invasion and the state's rights to regulate who comes and goes within a state does not meet your standard of "control" then that's okay by me.

Unless I'm mistaken, the entire issue for you is control. I got it. I'm in conversations with others who may or may not agree at the end of the day. We will see.

I'm not afraid of anything. YOU are the one scared shitless about a simple wall.
I'm not scared of the wall - it's little more than a symbol. I'm scared of the kind of government you morons are clamoring for. You really want an authoritarian police state, and I don't want to live like that.
We want a government that builds a wall. How is that "authoritarian?" The ACA was actual authoritarianism. The wall, on the other hand, doesn't prevent me from doing Jack.

Controlling our borders is a legitimate government function. Controlling our healthcare isn't.

Sure. Try walking through one dipshit.

Did you grow up in a prison?

Why would I do that when I can simply go to a port of entry?

Who knows? Maybe you want a nice hike along the Rio Grande. Point is, it does impact your freedom, and has the potential to do so in much more draconian ways. But you go ahead and bury your head in the sane, and whine for more authoritarian government. Clearly, you can't get enough.

How 65 countries have erected security walls on their borders | Daily Mail Online

https://www.quora.com/Which-countries-have-real-walls-in-their-borders

List of countries and territories by land borders - Wikipedia

In Opinion: Why Nations need to control their borders

West Texas sheriff says U.S. only nation not to use military to secure 'our border'

The POSTED PENALTY for Illegally Crossing the Border ~ Thunder Pig

This last one is most significant. If we assume the conservative estimate of 10.5 million illegals (some estimates go to 12), and at having committed a federal crime punishable by $5,000, if we simply collected on that ONE PENALTY ALONE, we'd have FIFTY-THREE BILLION DOLLARS. Enough to build the wall three times over. And Mexico would have paid for it.

State_border_sign_on_NY_17.jpg
Blog-31.11.jpg
KS-MO-image.jpg
13842039.jpg
08-west-virginia-state-line.jpg

The whole point to borders, ANY borders, be they between states or countries, is to DELINEATE TERRITORY. Territory defines responsibility and control. To all the quacked up fuckheads calling it doom and gloom just because the USA wants to actually CONTROL who crosses our border like most other countries, I say:

UP YOURS, Mental Cases.

We're discussing a wall on the border, moron.

Only natural born Americans have any RIGHT to this country..
This a dangerous idea

YOU are a dangerous idea. If what I said were not true, then any foreigner could come here, run for office, become president, then turn over sovereignty of the USA to his home country, asshole. NO ONE makes assholes like the Left.

Are you still convinced I'm on "the left"? Is it so hard for you to acknowledge your most strident enemies are libertarians and conservatives?

These guys are so focused on their talking points that they can't see the forest for the trees.

I'm a laissez-faire kind of guy. The less government we have, the better things will work.

Who knows? Maybe you want a nice hike along the Rio Grande. Point is, it does impact your freedom, and has the potential to do so in much more draconian ways. But you go ahead and bury your head in the sane, and whine for more authoritarian government. Clearly, you can't get enough.

The impact on my freedom is infinitesimal. How would it affect my freedom in more draconian ways?

Who do you think you're fooling?

These guys are so focused on their talking points that they can't see the forest for the trees.

I'm a laissez-faire kind of guy. The less government we have, the better things will work.

A lot of people think it's racism that's driving the wall nonsense, but when you push most of them it comes down to protectionism. They don't want to have to compete.

You are REALLY insecure. The question being asked in the OP is: why is building the wall wrong? If there is a moron in the room, it appears you are looking in a mirror.

I'm working to get past the name calling and political rhetoric. I'm committed to figuring out what it is you're selling, not defending my own positions - as you don't give a flying fu(% what I think.

I'm working to get past the name calling and political rhetoric. I'm committed to figuring out what it is you're selling, not defending my own positions - as you don't give a flying fu(% what I think.

If you want to get past name calling you'll need to put bri on ignore. Hint: his avatar is NOT ironic.

They're doing it and it works, dumbass. That's called empirical evidence. On the other hand, the empirical evidence shows that government run healthcare doesn't work. Furthermore, the wall is only going to cost $25 billion, not $5 trillion.

You are REALLY insecure. The question being asked in the OP is: why is building the wall wrong? If there is a moron in the room, it appears you are looking in a mirror.

I'm looking at what you're selling, which is open borders.

That's not an option.

They're doing it and it works, dumbass. That's called empirical evidence. On the other hand, the empirical evidence shows that government run healthcare doesn't work. Furthermore, the wall is only going to cost $25 billion, not $5 trillion.

Actually, the empirical evidence shows government controlled health care does "work" - in as much as it gives government much more power. I'm surprised you're not in favor of it as well, for that reason alone.

How do you keep track of which side you're on on any given issue? Is it just whatever King Donald says?

Actually, the empirical evidence shows government controlled health care does "work" - in as much as it gives government much more power. I'm surprised you're not in favor of it as well, for that reason alone.

How do you keep track of which side you're on on any given issue? Is it just whatever King Donald says?

Don't even try to go there with THAT kind of BULLSHIT.

A lot of people think it's racism that's driving the wall nonsense, but when you push most of them it comes down to protectionism. They don't want to have to compete.

It gets REAL confusing to me. The originators of the talking points we're being subjected to WERE the ones pioneered by racists. But, honestly, if someone admitted that they were racist, it would not change my opinion of the topic.

Blaming this on racism alone would be like blaming your whole car for not running when it might just need a battery and a fuel pump to work right. No doubt there is a racist element, but there has got to be more than that. Here's why:

A lot of the people wanting the wall seem oblivious to the "legal" variety of foreigners like the two Muslim women who got elected to Congress or maybe the Muslim woman that became a legislator only to have it exposed that her brother was supposedly her husband when she got her citizenship. We are now electing politicians at the local through federal level whose religion teaches that they are to convert or kill us.

Still, the obsession is on the southern border. It doesn't add up. It's okay to take over America if you do it "legally?"

Controlling immigration is not protectionism, and, yes, I don't want to compete with labor willing to work for 1/3 the wage. Why should I? Do you actually want that? If you do, then you're a damn fool.

Forum List

Back