Why is Building the Wall Wrong?

My concern is more to do with landowners who will have their land taken away from them.

But then down there...they are mostly Republicans so they get what they deserve.

I actually hope the wall gets built so we can finally see what a monumental boondoggle it was

My concern is more to do with landowners who will have their land taken away from them.

But then down there...they are mostly Republicans so they get what they deserve.

I actually hope the wall gets built so we can finally see what a monumental boondoggle it was

Obviously your leaders think the opposite. That's why they are fighting it so hard. They know what a success it will be just like all the other places it's been done.

----------------------------as far as landowners land , well . there is Eminent Domain and something called the 'Roosevelt Reservation' which is Federal Land that runs along the Border Lesh .

You mean land taken away by drug cartels and over run with illegals? That land?

But what does that have to do with building a wall. Most of the drugs that come across the border do so by planes, motor vehicles and boats which will continue with or without a wall.

What does that piece say? It says most of our heroine comes across that southern border. No, it isn't flown from Mexico, it doesn't come on a boat, and it's not coming from customs. It's coming from a wall-less border and that needs to be stopped. If they can get it here other ways, then it will be a hell of a lot harder which means they would have to charge more money, and likely more people getting busted for it.
Nope:
The majority of illegal drugs entering the United States enter in an assortment of vehicles, with drugs hidden in secret compartments in door panels or the roof, gas tanks, tires and even engines.

Cargo trains, tractor-trailers and passenger buses have been used to move illegal drugs. Trucks and trains carrying fresh produce such as watermelons, limes and other fruits bring in millions of pounds of illegal drugs.

The next most common method of bringing drugs into the US is cargo ships and planes.

The least likely method for bring drug enter into the US is individuals carrying them across the border. One semi properly outfitted can bring in more drugs than 50 backpackers. One ship cargo container can bring in more drugs than a 700 backpackers. It's a matter of economic. Meeting the demand for drugs in the US with back packers coming across the border would be both impossible and far more expense than other methods. This is why building walls or other barriers along the border would have very little impact on drug importation.

The profit margin on illegal drugs is so high, you could close the entire southern border and all it would do is raise the price of drugs to cover the added cost of alternative transportation.
By Land, Sea or Catapult: How Smugglers Get Drugs Across the Border

I couldn't get to the article because it's a pay site. However I never said drugs didn't come in other ways, and the title of the article seems to indicate all our borders, not just the south.

The easiest and safest way to get drugs across our southern border is to simply walk across. However even that presents some kind of risk, so now they are using drones to get the drugs across. If they bust a drone, nobody ends up in prison. They just lose a lot of money. Right now that's the problem they are trying to find a cure for.

People using vehicles to get drugs across are taking a huge risk because of dogs. Dogs can sniff out drugs from anywhere. I've never seen it myself, but I understand they have a dock by the border just in case they need to unload it for inspection, and they will.

The profit margin and size of the market make it impossible to stop the flow of drugs or even seriously reduce the supply at our borders. If you build a higher wall the cartels will use longer ladders. If you dig a deeper base, they will dig deeper tunnels. And if you build an impenetrable barrier, they will just go around it.

The answer to reducing the drug trade is not by building taller barriers , but working on both sides of the border to reduce both demand and supply.

Which you and I know will never happen. If a wall would do no good, our border agencies would not support it. Tunnels don't take a few days to build. They take months to build. Even then,if a tunnel is detected and then destroyed, that's a lot of money down the tube. Authorities find tunnels all the time, and new technology is coming along every day. Drones can be used to find people who magically appear or disappear.

I never claimed a wall would do no good. I said it is not the best solution for all parts of the border. It is way too costly, an environmental disaster, and democrats will block funding whenever they have the power to do so. Plus, illegal immigration has been declining for years and is likely to continue. By the time this wall is completed in about 10 years we will have a bill for 25 to 30 billion dollars for a monument that is not needed and most people never wanted.

----------------------------as far as landowners land , well . there is Eminent Domain and something called the 'Roosevelt Reservation' which is Federal Land that runs along the Border Lesh .
Yes there is and there's over 300 land owners, and Indian Reservations most of which oppose having their property used for a wall and supporting roads and service areas. Add that to over a 100 environmental groups promising to enter suits and you have years of delays to add to delays caused by democrats blocking funding. Trump will never live to see his big beautiful wall completed. Guess he'll have to put his trademark on the Moscow Trump Tower.

Last edited:
What does that piece say? It says most of our heroine comes across that southern border. No, it isn't flown from Mexico, it doesn't come on a boat, and it's not coming from customs. It's coming from a wall-less border and that needs to be stopped. If they can get it here other ways, then it will be a hell of a lot harder which means they would have to charge more money, and likely more people getting busted for it.
Nope:
The majority of illegal drugs entering the United States enter in an assortment of vehicles, with drugs hidden in secret compartments in door panels or the roof, gas tanks, tires and even engines.

Cargo trains, tractor-trailers and passenger buses have been used to move illegal drugs. Trucks and trains carrying fresh produce such as watermelons, limes and other fruits bring in millions of pounds of illegal drugs.

The next most common method of bringing drugs into the US is cargo ships and planes.

The least likely method for bring drug enter into the US is individuals carrying them across the border. One semi properly outfitted can bring in more drugs than 50 backpackers. One ship cargo container can bring in more drugs than a 700 backpackers. It's a matter of economic. Meeting the demand for drugs in the US with back packers coming across the border would be both impossible and far more expense than other methods. This is why building walls or other barriers along the border would have very little impact on drug importation.

The profit margin on illegal drugs is so high, you could close the entire southern border and all it would do is raise the price of drugs to cover the added cost of alternative transportation.

I couldn't get to the article because it's a pay site. However I never said drugs didn't come in other ways, and the title of the article seems to indicate all our borders, not just the south.

The easiest and safest way to get drugs across our southern border is to simply walk across. However even that presents some kind of risk, so now they are using drones to get the drugs across. If they bust a drone, nobody ends up in prison. They just lose a lot of money. Right now that's the problem they are trying to find a cure for.

People using vehicles to get drugs across are taking a huge risk because of dogs. Dogs can sniff out drugs from anywhere. I've never seen it myself, but I understand they have a dock by the border just in case they need to unload it for inspection, and they will.

The profit margin and size of the market make it impossible to stop the flow of drugs or even seriously reduce the supply at our borders. If you build a higher wall the cartels will use longer ladders. If you dig a deeper base, they will dig deeper tunnels. And if you build an impenetrable barrier, they will just go around it.

The answer to reducing the drug trade is not by building taller barriers , but working on both sides of the border to reduce both demand and supply.

Which you and I know will never happen. If a wall would do no good, our border agencies would not support it. Tunnels don't take a few days to build. They take months to build. Even then,if a tunnel is detected and then destroyed, that's a lot of money down the tube. Authorities find tunnels all the time, and new technology is coming along every day. Drones can be used to find people who magically appear or disappear.

I never claimed a wall would do no good. I said it is not the best solution for all parts of the border. It is way too costly, an environmental disaster, and democrats will block funding whenever they have the power to do so. Plus, illegal immigration has been declining for years and is likely to continue. By the time this wall is completed in about 10 years we will have a bill for 25 to 30 billion dollars for a monument that is not needed and most people never wanted.

So what you're saying is we just have to put up with illegal drugs, people illegally coming into our country, people who bring down our wages and are changing the language of this country, all because of the left.

Gee........it's almost like they planned it this way. Imagine that!

Nope:

Build it where it does make sense. 5 billion builds it in areas where it is most needed and would be most useful.

Nope:

So what you're saying is we just have to put up with illegal drugs, people illegally coming into our country, people who bring down our wages and are changing the language of this country, all because of the left.

Changing the language? Are you really serious with that post?

tenor.gif

You mean land taken away by drug cartels and over run with illegals? That land?

Nope. I mean land taken away from farmers and ranchers...mostly Republicans by the way
------------------------------- concerning forfeited ranch and farmland , the USA has Eminent Domain i think and the USA can build RailRoads Right of Way , Highways , Freeways , Roads and Border WALLS .

Exactly. They use the force of the government to take away land that has belonged to farmers and ranchers for generations...and if they want to build this wall...they'll do that

Nope:

That is exactly what you have to do until we get a congress and president that will actually introduce realistic plans to fix the problem.

You wanted somebody to lead the country that was not a politician, well you got one. What people like you don't understand, is it takes real politician skills to accomplish anything in Washington. Running around like bull in a china store issuing threats and insults doesn't get the job done. It just infuriates the very people Trump needs.

Last edited:
Exactly. They use the force of the government to take away land that has belonged to farmers and ranchers for generations...and if they want to build this wall...they'll do that
The land will not be taken away but purchased, and in most cases the government pays a premium above the actual value of the land to facilitate the process, so it is a win win situation for all loyal Americans.

and the ROOSEVELT Reservation runs the length of the Border and its 60 feet wide and is on USA Land . I suppose that 60 feet is more then enough for the TRUMP WALL footprint or footers . And from what i understand the Federal Government has Reserved and OWNED the ROOSEVELT Reservation and has owned it since 1907 Gents and Ladies .

The land will not be taken away but purchased, and in most cases the government pays a premium above the actual value of the land to facilitate the process, so it is a win win situation for all loyal Americans.
The government will take that land ...whether the owners want to sell it or not...and the government will set the price

That is exactly what you have to do until we get a congress and president that will actually introduce realistic plans to fix the problem.

You wanted somebody to lead the country that was not a politician, well you got one. What people like you don't understand, is it takes real politician skills to accomplish anything in Washington. Running around like bull in a china store issuing threats and insults doesn't get the job done. It just infuriates the very people Trump needs.

------------------------------------- the TRUMP is doing fine . He is much better at being an American style President and President of the USA than any of the wussy 'rino - repubs' that Trump ran against and 'hilary' that Trump also ran against . Only exception might be Ted Cruz Flopper .

Last edited:

Forum List

Back