Why is Building the Wall Wrong?

Which you and I know will never happen. If a wall would do no good, our border agencies would not support it. Tunnels don't take a few days to build. They take months to build. Even then,if a tunnel is detected and then destroyed, that's a lot of money down the tube. Authorities find tunnels all the time, and new technology is coming along every day. Drones can be used to find people who magically appear or disappear.
I never claimed a wall would do no good. I said it is not the best solution for all parts of the border. It is way too costly, an environmental disaster, and democrats will block funding whenever they have the power to do so. Plus, illegal immigration has been declining for years and is likely to continue. By the time this wall is completed in about 10 years we will have a bill for 25 to 30 billion dollars for a monument that is not needed and most people never wanted.

So what you're saying is we just have to put up with illegal drugs, people illegally coming into our country, people who bring down our wages and are changing the language of this country, all because of the left.

Gee........it's almost like they planned it this way. Imagine that!
Changing the language? Are you really serious with that post?

tenor.gif

You must be a younger person who does not remember when this country was an English speaking only country. Today, bilingual signs are everywhere and you have to press 1 to speak to a phone representative in English.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
You must be a fucking idiot. This country has never been english speaking only. What kind of retard would make a claim like that and be serious about it? :laughing0301:

Like I said, you're probably a kid and have no memory of it. Certainly there were areas of a race or ethnicity that spoke a native tongue, but generally, the country communicated in English only. Phone representatives spoke English only. Signs were in English only. Ballots were in English only. Schools were in English only. ATM machines were English only.

You see at one time, if you wanted to come to this country, it was a desire to assimilate--not have this country cater to you.

I never claimed a wall would do no good. I said it is not the best solution for all parts of the border. It is way too costly, an environmental disaster, and democrats will block funding whenever they have the power to do so. Plus, illegal immigration has been declining for years and is likely to continue. By the time this wall is completed in about 10 years we will have a bill for 25 to 30 billion dollars for a monument that is not needed and most people never wanted.

So what you're saying is we just have to put up with illegal drugs, people illegally coming into our country, people who bring down our wages and are changing the language of this country, all because of the left.

tenor.gif

You must be a younger person who does not remember when this country was an English speaking only country. Today, bilingual signs are everywhere and you have to press 1 to speak to a phone representative in English.

You must be a fucking idiot. This country has never been english speaking only. What kind of retard would make a claim like that and be serious about it? :laughing0301:

Like I said, you're probably a kid and have no memory of it. Certainly there were areas of a race or ethnicity that spoke a native tongue, but generally, the country communicated in English only. Phone representatives spoke English only. Signs were in English only. Ballots were in English only. Schools were in English only. ATM machines were English only.

You see at one time, if you wanted to come to this country, it was a desire to assimilate--not have this country cater to you.
White people are not "the country". Even if they were, whites themselves spoke different languages like Irish, Italian, German, etc. Your claim was that this was once an english speaking only country. Thats another fairytale you whites like to spread. Sorry but its just not true. :rolleyes:

I know what 60 feet is and besides that the PRESIDENT , the builder of HUGE building all over the world is in charge of details . Trump has built on all sorts of terrain so as i said , i will let him and his experts decide the WALL Plans and details Lesh . [oh yee of little Faith , Lesh ] [chuckle]
------------------------------------------- yeah , WE WALL building advocates got you 'anti wall builders' by the nutz as you fume and stew and become Frantic . Only thing left is the money but knowing The TRUMP he may even have something up his sleeve concerning WALL Building money Lesh .

I know what 60 feet is and besides that the PRESIDENT , the builder of HUGE building all over the world is in charge of details . Trump has built on all sorts of terrain so as i said , i will let him and his experts decide the WALL Plans and details Lesh . [oh yee of little Faith , Lesh ] [chuckle]
------------------------------------------- yeah , WE WALL building advocates got you 'anti wall builders' by the nutz as you fume and stew and become Frantic . Only thing left is the money but knowing The TRUMP he may even have something up his sleeve concerning WALL Building money Lesh .
Well he did say he was going to make Mexico pay for the wall. Maybe he has been negotiating with Mexico and they are close to cutting a check.

No one cares about 'mexico' money at the moment . If up to me i'd rather spend your money Ace . We can punish 'mexico' later if'n we like Ace .

What is the cost of every illegal to the US? It is around $75k each per annum I believe and there are 11 million here? So that equates to $825bn per annum? Hmmmm....maybe a $25bn wall is worth it?

Undocumented foreigners are here due to the simple fact that they work, pay taxes, and create wealth through increased productivity at a lower wage.

Half of the Americans are dependent upon a government check to the point that they are broke both emotionally and financially from having to dance to the delight of a government that wants a dependent race in order to justify hiring and working cheap labor.

Do you have some proof of this crazy statement?

No one cares about 'mexico' money at the moment . If up to me i'd rather spend your money Ace . We can punish 'mexico' later if'n we like Ace .
Plenty of people care that Drumpf conned his idiot supporters. Theres no need to punish Mexico if they are going to willingly cut a check like Drumpf claimed they would. Now if he has this in the form of a promissory note then we can punish Mexico. :rolleyes:

tenor.gif

White people are not "the country". Even if they were, whites themselves spoke different languages like Irish, Italian, German, etc. Your claim was that this was once an english speaking only country. Thats another fairytale you whites like to spread. Sorry but its just not true. :rolleyes:

Oh it is true. I was born in an ethnic neighborhood. In our area, everybody spoke Polish. But outside our little area, everybody spoke English.

So I'm not talking about little corners of the country, I'm talking about the country as a whole. We were never a bilingual country as whats happening today.

tenor.gif

Oh it is true. I was born in an ethnic neighborhood. In our area, everybody spoke Polish. But outside our little area, everybody spoke English.

So I'm not talking about little corners of the country, I'm talking about the country as a whole. We were never a bilingual country as whats happening today.
Sorry but your area wasnt the only area that spoke a different language. There thousands of other areas speaking a different language than english. True this country was never bilingual. Thats only two languages. People in the US spoke a variety of languages and this nation has never ever been an english only nation.

tenor.gif

Ever since I was a kid there were bigots like yourself screaming "You're in America...speak English"!

That was in the 60s.

So no. Then as now it was spanish that was the "subject". Before that it was Italian,German,yiddish, Romanian....and on and on...

tenor.gif

On English - "Although the English language had barely penetrated into Wales, Ireland and the Scottish Highlands by the time of Shakespeare, just two hundred years later, in 1780, John Adams was confident enough to be able to claim (with a certain amount of foresight, but quite reasonably) that English was “destined to be in the next and succeeding centuries more generally the language of the world than Latin was in the last or French is in the present age”. In 1852, the German linguist, Jacob Grimm, called English "the language of the world", and predicted it was "destined to reign in future with still more extensive sway over all parts of the globe".

The History of English - Late Modern English (c. 1800 - Present)

While people spoke a plethora of languages, English was the de facto language of the New World.

Within six months of the ratification of the Constitution, a person must be white in order to become a United States Citizen.

What is the cost of every illegal to the US? It is around $75k each per annum I believe and there are 11 million here? So that equates to $825bn per annum? Hmmmm....maybe a $25bn wall is worth it?

Undocumented foreigners are here due to the simple fact that they work, pay taxes, and create wealth through increased productivity at a lower wage.

Half of the Americans are dependent upon a government check to the point that they are broke both emotionally and financially from having to dance to the delight of a government that wants a dependent race in order to justify hiring and working cheap labor.

What do claim is crazy?

tenor.gif

On English - "Although the English language had barely penetrated into Wales, Ireland and the Scottish Highlands by the time of Shakespeare, just two hundred years later, in 1780, John Adams was confident enough to be able to claim (with a certain amount of foresight, but quite reasonably) that English was “destined to be in the next and succeeding centuries more generally the language of the world than Latin was in the last or French is in the present age”. In 1852, the German linguist, Jacob Grimm, called English "the language of the world", and predicted it was "destined to reign in future with still more extensive sway over all parts of the globe".

While people spoke a plethora of languages, English was the de facto language of the New World.

Within six months of the ratification of the Constitution, a person must be white in order to become a United States Citizen.
Yeah, I've read a lot about white people claiming this or that. Doesnt really change reality though. The US was never ever an english only speaking nation. :rolleyes:

What do claim is crazy?

Your entire statement:

Illegal comes in with Mrs. illegal and two children. Those children go to school, get healthcare, etc. That is not free. Mr. and Mrs. illegal need a place to live, food, clothes, etc. None of that is free. Some work, but they do so by breaking the law. Most get paid under the table. They don't create wealth except for their law breaking bosses. The process in insane. You're conflating lazy Americans (there are some) with hard working illegals (there are some). But they are illegal for a reason. If you want to change immigration policy then go through Congress but turning a blind eye is simply ignorant and foolish.

What do claim is crazy?

Your entire statement:

Illegal comes in with Mrs. illegal and two children. Those children go to school, get healthcare, etc. That is not free. Mr. and Mrs. illegal need a place to live, food, clothes, etc. None of that is free. Some work, but they do so by breaking the law. Most get paid under the table. They don't create wealth except for their law breaking bosses. The process in insane. You're conflating lazy Americans (there are some) with hard working illegals (there are some). But they are illegal for a reason. If you want to change immigration policy then go through Congress but turning a blind eye is simply ignorant and foolish.
Can you cite any specific, wall building power?

tenor.gif

Ever since I was a kid there were bigots like yourself screaming "You're in America...speak English"!

That was in the 60s.

So no. Then as now it was spanish that was the "subject". Before that it was Italian,German,yiddish, Romanian....and on and on...

As I stated, there were small enclaves in our country where people spoke a language they were comfortable with, but let me ask: when was the last time you seen a bilingual sign in Italian, Polish, German or French? When was the last time speaking any of those languages was a prerequisite for a government or private industry job? When was the last time you called a company and you had to press 1 for English or 2 for French?

The truth of the matter is these people came to our country and spoke English. Those who didn't learned in order to "assimilate" into their new country. They didn't come here marching to our borders carrying European flags insisting we allow them in or they had every right to be here.

Europeans came here to be part of this country, not start their own little country within ours. They catered to us. We didn't have to cater to them.

What do claim is crazy?

Your entire statement:

First off, I'm not turning a blind eye to anything. Are you? Do you understand how a constitutional Republic works?

It is not the undocumented foreigners fault that children receive a free education at taxpayer expense. That is your fault. You're the one who voted to the politicians that made that possible. Taking advantage of your civic apathy is on you, not those who avail themselves of it.

Your view is that somehow the foreigner stands in line collecting benefits, yet manages to steal your job. and you think I'm crazy???

I'm a noob here and board rules prevented me from posting a link (which btw wasn't mine in the first place; it belonged to the poster I was quoting.) Be that as it may, according to the Chief Actuary of the Social Security Administration, nearly three quarters of the people who are undocumented get an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number and pay the same federal tax you do. Besides that, ALL the other taxes cannot be avoided.

You tell me there are "some" lazy Americans? Are you kidding? America represents 4 percent of the world's population. They consume 80 percent of the world's opioid supply. America has more people in prison than any nation on the planet. The U.S. prison population is 22 percent of the world's population. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but those people are unemployable - and THAT is your fault. Aren't you of the opinion that people should have a National ID Card and be subject to constant background checks? Well guess what? HALF of the American people are living off the government now. SOMEBODY has to work.

Contrary to your opinion, NOBODY is obligated to obey an unconstitutional act. The majority of Americans have spoken - whether we like it or not.

Plenty of people care that Drumpf conned his idiot supporters. Theres no need to punish Mexico if they are going to willingly cut a check like Drumpf claimed they would. Now if he has this in the form of a promissory note then we can punish Mexico. :rolleyes:
None of Trumps supported thought Mexico would write a check.
Just like when that other poster said English country he meant primarily English with no or little accommodations to those who spoke other languages.

You're still nitpicking.

Yeah, I've read a lot about white people claiming this or that. Doesnt really change reality though. The US was never ever an english only speaking nation. :rolleyes:

Didn't say it was, but it was the language we used to communicate and it became a part of our cultural heritage. At one time over 90 percent of the American people had a Bible in their homes. There was no law mandating it.

tenor.gif

That was in the 60s.

As I stated, there were small enclaves in our country where people spoke a language they were comfortable with, but let me ask: when was the last time you seen a bilingual sign in Italian, Polish, German or French? When was the last time speaking any of those languages was a prerequisite for a government or private industry job? When was the last time you called a company and you had to press 1 for English or 2 for French?

The truth of the matter is these people came to our country and spoke English. Those who didn't learned in order to "assimilate" into their new country. They didn't come here marching to our borders carrying European flags insisting we allow them in or they had every right to be here.

Europeans came here to be part of this country, not start their own little country within ours. They catered to us. We didn't have to cater to them.[/QUOTE

Polish...yesterday in the Polish section of Linden NJ.
And then there was all that Yiddish I saw in Brooklyn last month ]

Forum List

Back