🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why is Eli Manning not considered not a average QB?

I am curious, what are the obvious reasons his first SB win doesn't count?

He was sacked and somehow tripped and stumbled his way out of the Pats defender and then threw the ball down the field praying a NY giant came down with it who happened to be a receiver that caught it with his helmet.

That was a joke of a win and I never gave credit for the 1st SB. Only the 2nd

Great plays don't count.......Got it

Eli eluding three defenders and managing to complete a pass 30 yards down the field was one of the most clutch plays ever.

Meh, I still say he got lucky by squirming his way out of that sack. I still say there was a lot of holding that should have been called in that game. There were some BLATANT holds, that really probably helped Eli to get away.

He was sacked and somehow tripped and stumbled his way out of the Pats defender and then threw the ball down the field praying a NY giant came down with it who happened to be a receiver that caught it with his helmet.

That was a joke of a win and I never gave credit for the 1st SB. Only the 2nd

Eli eluding three defenders and managing to complete a pass 30 yards down the field was one of the most clutch plays ever.

Well I guess we can't count Terry Bradshaw's Superbowl X win due to Swann's leaping catch. Forget Montana's first Superbowl win cause he would not have been there if not for a great catch by Dwight Clark. In fact, as a Chiefs fan, I am discounting the last 45 SB games so KC is still the reigning champ.

You are not comparing Eli Manning to Joe Montana are you???

Well I guess we can't count Terry Bradshaw's Superbowl X win due to Swann's leaping catch. Forget Montana's first Superbowl win cause he would not have been there if not for a great catch by Dwight Clark. In fact, as a Chiefs fan, I am discounting the last 45 SB games so KC is still the reigning champ.

I that what you got at of that????? No I am not.......

Great plays win games and no way should anyone discount them.

And so does luck. :)

Oh Crap !!!

Now I have to rethink the last SB where my Seahawks barely scraped by 43-8 and beat the Broncos..

Hmmm...????

Just how much DID LUCK play that cold day in New Joisey ????

How much did LUCK play in the Hawks 23-0 game December 15th last season when Eli Manning threw 5 interceptions.. ???

This next Sunday the Seahawks will travel to Milke High Stadium for a slight preview of this season ... I doubt the Hawks OR Denver will show ANYTHING in that no count game.

That is if Denver is Lucky. If Seattle is LUCKY the announcers will offer that the Hawks were lucky in SB 48.

They meet again for real September 21st in Seattle where if Peyton Manning is LUCKY he will escape that contest with his life.

The fans will be lucky watching Manning squirm pre game over the non stop questions about what REALLY happened in the last Super Bowl.

How much does luck play in the NFL? Dunno... I know I feel lucky to be a Seahawks fan.

Oh Crap !!!

Now I have to rethink the last SB where my Seahawks barely scraped by 43-8 and beat the Broncos..

Hmmm...????

How much did LUCK play in the Hawks 23-0 game December 15th last season when Eli Manning threw 5 interceptions.. ???

This next Sunday the Seahawks will travel to Milke High Stadium for a slight preview of this season ... I doubt the Hawks OR Denver will show ANYTHING in that no count game.

That is if Denver is Lucky. If Seattle is LUCKY the announcers will offer that the Hawks were lucky in SB 48.

They meet again for real September 21st in Seattle where if Peyton Manning is LUCKY he will escape that contest with his life.

The fans will be lucky watching Manning squirm pre game over the non stop questions about what REALLY happened in the last Super Bowl.

How much does luck play in the NFL? Dunno... I know I feel lucky to be a Seahawks fan.

Hey, what can Eli say? Some are more lucky than others I suppose. :D

Oh Crap !!!

Hmmm...????

This next Sunday the Seahawks will travel to Milke High Slmet and is tadium for a slight preview of this season ... I doubt the Hawks OR Denver will show ANYTHING in that no count game.

It seems from reviewing two enormously significant plays ..one...where Eli escapes the grasp of around a dozen players and gets off a pass that seemed fortunate. The second was a long hail mary where the receiver closely defended by TWO opposing teams secondary traps the football against the top of his helmet. 99 times out of a hundred the ball bounces off the helmet straight up into the air and falls to the turf or most likely gets intercepted with that many DBs in the immediate vicinity.

It seems to me that what many Giants fans call GREAT PLAYS to most unbiased observers would call lucky. What is more amusing is that from these two extremely fortunate plays sways the powers that be to coronate Manning the MVP in both Super Bowls.

Wilson played better in SB 48 than Manning did in both his SBs and yet the MVP last February went to a part time Seahawk linebacker that doesn't even start for the Hawks.. NOW that is UNLUCKY.. Ha....Ha...

Oh Crap !!!

Hmmm...????

This next Sunday the Seahawks will travel to Milke High Slmet and is tadium for a slight preview of this season ... I doubt the Hawks OR Denver will show ANYTHING in that no count game.

It seems from reviewing two enormously significant plays ..one...where Eli escapes the grasp of around a dozen players and gets off a pass that seemed fortunate. The second was a long hail mary where the receiver closely defended by TWO opposing teams secondary traps the football against the top of his helmet. 99 times out of a hundred the ball bounces off the helmet straight up into the air and falls to the turf or most likely gets intercepted with that many DBs in the immediate vicinity.

It seems to me that what many Giants fans call GREAT PLAYS to most unbiased observers would call lucky. What is more amusing is that from these two extremely fortunate plays sways the powers that be to coronate Manning the MVP in both Super Bowls.

Wilson played better in SB 48 than Manning did in both his SBs and yet the MVP last February went to a part time Seahawk linebacker that doesn't even start for the Hawks.. NOW that is UNLUCKY.. Ha....Ha...

Sometimes you make your own luck by not giving up on a play

Tyree did not catch the ball on his helmet. He caught the ball with two hands. When the defender pulled one hand away, he used his helmet to make up for the missing hand. More instinctive than luck

Oh Crap !!!

Hmmm...????

Did you forget the pass Eli threw was a HAIL MARY?

It was third down, they had another down. Not time for a hail mary

You dont know what Eli saw down the field. He obviously saw a receiver he thought he could get the ball to. He threw a pass that only Tyree could get to and made the play

Last edited:

You dont know what Eli saw down the field. He obviously saw a receiver he thought he could get the ball to. He threw a pass that only Tyree could get to and made the play

he threw the pass up for grabs

No he didn't. Tyree was standing alone in the middle of the field. Defenders showed up after the pass was thrown. Too late

No, a HAIL MARY sails into the end zone. That pass was not a hair mary. Try again....

eli has his 1st turnover tonight because the defense was in his world LOL

No he didn't. Tyree was standing alone in the middle of the field. Defenders showed up after the pass was thrown. Too late

Oh, who cares. He won the game, but I still say he was lucky, definitely luck was on his side THAT game. I can't remember any exact plays off the top of my head, except for those I already mentioned, but I remember at LEAST a few times being like WTF is going on here and also like how in the hell? :D

I hate to be petty and say this, but ha-ha Eli! :lol: I hope he gets lots of turnovers this year. I don't like him because of that SB with the Pats.

And it was the same thing, the defender comes near him and he gets scared and turns over the ball lol

I hate to be petty and say this, but ha-ha Eli! :lol: I hope he gets lots of turnovers this year. I don't like him because of that SB with the Pats.

Why, because the Giants embarrassed the Cheating Putriots and made their coach storm off the field before the game was over? IT WAS ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SITES I HAVE EVER SEEN!

I laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and if I watch the replay today.....I LAUGH SOME MORE! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

I am sure Billicheat is coming up with some more devious ways to get around NFL rules and since his owner and Roger G are butt buddies, he will probably get away with it.

Why, because the Giants embarrassed the Cheating Putriots and made their coach storm off the field before the game was over? IT WAS ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SITES I HAVE EVER SEEN!

I laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and if I watch the replay today.....I LAUGH SOME MORE! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

I am sure Billicheat is coming up with some more devious ways to get around NFL rules and since his owner and Roger G are butt buddies, he will probably get away with it.

Hmm. :lol: You can always tell the ones who are jelly of Tom Brady and the Pats. You think Tom will be in the HoF someday? I do. :D Not only is he hawt, but he's also awesome QB. So put that in your pipe and smoke it. Yeah, you'll get high off the awesomeness of the Pats. Lol! :wink_2:

Hmm. :lol: You can always tell the ones who are jelly of Tom Brady and the Pats. You think Tom will be in the HoF someday? I do. :D Not only is he hawt, but he's also awesome QB. So put that in your pipe and smoke it. Yeah, you'll get high off the awesomeness of the Pats. Lol! :wink_2:

He is an excellent QB, and I think he will be a HoFer one day.

As for his hotness....well.....he is built all wrong for me to see him as hot.

Forum List

Back