🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why is hush money illegal?

Paying the money is not the problem. It is how you deal with it after.

Let’s say you own a business. You own the business. You pay someone to remain silent. But it is a personal, that is to say not related to business. But you take the money out of your corporate funds and list it as legal fees. That is illegal. It is called various things in different states. But it is always illegal to misappropriate funds. It is always illegal.

If you, or Trump had just paid it out of his personal account, it wouldn’t have been an issue. Paying it to an employee would qualify as a business expense. Or a former employee.

I laugh.

It does not have to be illegal. But if done without legal transparency, proper accounting and with illegal motive itis a crime.
This was the biggest thing you Dems could come up with? And in the midst of REAL criminal activity by Biden?

This is exactly what it appears to be. a Soros-backed prosecutor using the legal system with a nothing case to try to prevent a specific political opponent from running for president. It’s a witch-hunt that is likely to backfire on the Dems.

Why is a married man involved with a woman of such ill repute? What gives there?
It's not really anybody's business if he did that. I've told many many people that I wouldn't want Trump as a neighbor... But that I do agree with the vast majority of his political and economic policies and I would vote for him again on that basis.

This is exactly what it appears to be. a Soros-backed prosecutor using
-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Soros-backed"?
Soros?
Is that a anti-semitic dog-whistle?
It is often reported that the use of the 'Soros' name in Rightfield media .... is simply an anti-Jewish signal to other anti-Semites.

I dunno if that is true. But the argument that that is so.....does seem to have traction.
No?

"Soros-backed"?
Soros?
It is often reported that the use of the 'Soros' name in Rightfield media .... is simply an anti-Jewish signal to other anti-Semites.

I dunno if that is true. But the argument that that is so.....does seem to have traction.
No?

No.

"Soros-backed"?
Soros?

No?
Don’t be ridiculous. Soros‘ religion is irrelevant.

P.S. I’m Jewish.

"Don’t be ridiculous. Soros‘ religion is irrelevant."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, I dunno.
Seems there are some not insignificant voices who say using "Soros" is.....in fact.....used by anti-semites....as an anti-semitic dog-whistle.

Personally, I dunno. Am simply a neutral reporter.

From the Anti-Defamation League:

"In far-right circles worldwide, Soros’ philanthropy often is recast as fodder for outsized conspiracy theories, including claims that he masterminds specific global plots or manipulates particular events to further his goals. Many of those conspiracy theories employ longstanding antisemitic myths, particularly the notion that rich and powerful Jews work behind the scenes, plotting to control countries and manipulate global events."
From the Washington Post:
"But it’s no surprise that Soros would wind up as a target. He’s become the subject of escalating rhetoric on the right — including from President Trump — that posits Soros as a nefarious force, fomenting social dissent and paying members of a migrant “caravan” that has been the subject of intense right-wing fearmongering leading up to the November midterms. And that rhetoric draws on old, and deep-rooted, anti-Semitic ideas that have been deployed by the right for decades."

So, is trying to link the name "Soros" to any act, donation, development, really intended as an anti-Semitic dog-whistle?

There seems to be informed views that seem to think so.
After all, the ADL ain't Alex Jones/Gateway Pundit.

You be the judge.

Ah, I dunno.
Seems there are some not insignificant voices who say using "Soros" is.....in fact.....used by anti-semites....as an anti-semitic dog-whistle.

"In far-right circles worldwide, Soros’ philanthropy often is recast as fodder for outsized conspiracy theories, including claims that he masterminds specific global plots or manipulates particular events to further his goals. Many of those conspiracy theories employ longstanding antisemitic myths, particularly the notion that rich and powerful Jews work behind the scenes, plotting to control countries and manipulate global events."
"But it’s no surprise that Soros would wind up as a target. He’s become the subject of escalating rhetoric on the right — including from President Trump — that posits Soros as a nefarious force, fomenting social dissent and paying members of a migrant “caravan” that has been the subject of intense right-wing fearmongering leading up to the November midterms. And that rhetoric draws on old, and deep-rooted, anti-Semitic ideas that have been deployed by the right for decades."

So, is trying to link the name "Soros" to any act, donation, development, really intended as an anti-Semitic dog-whistle?

You be the judge.
remember, dirty money is totally legal if it goes to a democrat....how many millions did that crypto guy steal for the democrat party

Ah, I dunno.

You be the judge.
Those are liberal sources, trying to squelch criticism of anti-American, ultra-left Soros by accusing those who speak against him as being antisemitic. It‘s a silencing technique.

"Those are liberal sources, trying to squelch criticism of anti-American, ultra-left Soros...."

So, is accusing organizations who are trying to point out anti-semitic dog-whistles as a "silencing technique"...in itself anti-semitic?

Seems there is a credible argument to be made there.

So, is accusing organizations who are trying to point out anti-semitic dog-whistles as a "silencing technique"...in itself anti-semitic?

Seems there is a credible argument to be made there.
You claim you’re neutral on the issue, and then keep arguing one side.

Isn’t it just payment for a contract of non-disclosure?

I have received such a payment myself. I was wronged by an employer, and they - without admitting guilt - offered me a nice chunk of change to never reveal it publicly. It was a legal contract.

It's not. This is a stalinist persecution of a political enemy of the democrat party.

Ah, I dunno.

You be the judge.

You're simple.
That's what you are.

"You claim you’re neutral on the issue, and then keep arguing one side."
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, that is a sad misread by the earnest poster Lisa.
My avatar's efforts were merely as a neutral observer noting that balance to some of poster Lisa's commentary would be welcome in advancing the discourse.

So, at the end of the day, we should not discount or dismiss the views of folks like the Anti-Defamation League with their strong record of calling out the dog-whistlers.

Nor should earnest poster Lisa dismiss the Jewish Telegraphic Agency (the JTA is sort of an 'Associated Press' providing news and insights to about 400 Jewish-market newspapers across the world. )
They assert the following about the reported 'dog-whistle' that invoking the name 'Soros' has become:

"Lately, a lot of criticism of Soros has sounded anti-Semitic.
In recent years, criticism of Soros has increasingly veered into anti-Semitism, suggesting that Soros runs shadowy, conspiratorial efforts to control people or accusing him, without evidence, of being the hidden force behind progressive causes. The accusations evoke an age-old Jewish conspiracy about Jews masterminding an international conspiracy to secretly rule the world through money.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

So, at the end of the day, there certainly does seem to be credible views by credible players that trotting out the 'Soros' name is a dog-whistle for anti-Semites.

Just sayin'.

This was the biggest thing you Dems could come up with? And in the midst of REAL criminal activity by Biden?

This is exactly what it appears to be. a Soros-backed prosecutor using the legal system with a nothing case to try to prevent a specific political opponent from running for president. It’s a witch-hunt that is likely to backfire on the Dems.
I am not a Democrat but I am anti-Trump. They are starting small and work up to the bigger ones that will put him in jail. Bubba is excited

I have received such a payment myself. I was wronged by an employer, and they - without admitting guilt - offered me a nice chunk of change to never reveal it publicly. It was a legal contract.
The unique tapestry of conservative poster on a message board is ever growing.

Multi-millionaires, PhD's, living on dividend income, and now NDA recipients. Lordy.

Last edited:
The unique tapestry of conservative posted on a message board is ever growing.

Multi-millionaires, PhD's, living on dividend income, and now NDA recipients. Lordy.

Don't judge normal people against yourself.
Not everyone is a certified retard like you.

It's not illegal.

Forum List

Back