Why is it ok to burn the Bible but not the quran?

As we now see. obama has apologized twice, the defense department has apologized, all of our troops will be trained in how to show obesiance towards islam.

It has only excited the muslims to be even more murderous. They are like sharks with a wounded prey. The groveling has only whetted their appetite for more violence.

What they want is for obama to give them a couple of sacrificial lambs to behead for the next You Tube video.

Did he really say that about training the troops?

If he did and I were still in the Guard, I would resign immediately. I am not going to worship the Muslim god come hell or high water.

Immie

You already do.

Explain please.

Immie

So, Christians DON'T kill in the name of god?

No where in the Bible does God command a christian to kill in his name.

I respectfully disagree.

It is certainly true that the Qur'an advises Muslims to kill non-believers (infidels). However, you should also be aware that the Christian Old Testament God also requires the killing of infidels. The only difference between the two "holy books" is the definition of non-believers or infidels. the Qur'an describes infidels as those who do not believe in the God described in the Qur'an and the KJV describes infidels as those who do not believe in the God as described in the Old Testament. Here is what the Bible says about killing non-believers:

“If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;

"Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage” (Deuteronomy 13:6-10, KJV).

These are the Biblical God's specific instructions for His faithful to kill all non-believers. The fact that these words are in the Old Testament is immaterial since Christians believe the entire bible to be inspired by God.

Nope. That only tells you to kill people who are trying to lure you away from belief in God. It doesn't tell you to kill non-believers who are minding their own business.

Did he really say that about training the troops?

If he did and I were still in the Guard, I would resign immediately. I am not going to worship the Muslim god come hell or high water.

Immie

You already do.

Explain please.

Immie

He is suggesting (I surmise) that the ONE true God, the God of Abraham, is the SAME God for all Muslims, Jews and Christians, even if we do not use the same Name of God.

I back up willowtree. Go to ReligionofPeace.com - Islam: Making a True Difference in the World
statistics back up the facts that in 20 years alone....
in the name of allah
islamiic inspured killing surpasses in 20 years
over 600 of christtian killings.
and nowhere in the bible,does it state that you must convert or die
as the quran does.
i have studied it for 27 years
would you like me to recite actual passages?
No argument from me. That is why we were attacked and entered Afghanistan, by ALSO starting a war in Iraq however, the fanatics' case that the US hates Islam was made stronger.* And by licking the feet of the Saudis as Bush did, we have left HANDS OFF the source of funding for the crazed.

*Yes, Saddam was a secular leader but the nation is MUSLIM.

For the reading impaired: See the difference between licking boots and extending proper respectful cultural courtesy as expected by a visiting head of state?

The video/photos of Bush KISSING the Arab ON THE MOUTH just turn my stomach. Bush was supposed to be the president of the United States and instead, he and his father sucked up to them.

You rw's haven't seen the whole story because you haven't seen Fahrenheit 9/11. If you ever do want to see the rest of teh story behind that KISS ON THE MOUTH, get that documentary, open your mind and watch and listen. Until you see ALL of it, you don't know what you're talking about.

And yes, the documentary is by Michael Moore - which is why you won't see it.

If you're an rw, ignorance is bliss.

I respectfully disagree.

It is certainly true that the Qur'an advises Muslims to kill non-believers (infidels). However, you should also be aware that the Christian Old Testament God also requires the killing of infidels. The only difference between the two "holy books" is the definition of non-believers or infidels. the Qur'an describes infidels as those who do not believe in the God described in the Qur'an and the KJV describes infidels as those who do not believe in the God as described in the Old Testament. Here is what the Bible says about killing non-believers:

“If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;

"Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage” (Deuteronomy 13:6-10, KJV).

These are the Biblical God's specific instructions for His faithful to kill all non-believers. The fact that these words are in the Old Testament is immaterial since Christians believe the entire bible to be inspired by God.
You disagree? I suggest you show the verse that commands a Christian to kill in the name of God.

I respectfully disagree.

You disagree? I suggest you show the verse that commands a Christian to kill in the name of God.

Religions don't kill people. People kill people.

I respectfully disagree.

Religions don't kill people. People kill people.

And yet a higher percentage of people who are Muslims kill in the name of their religion than any other religion.

Can you explain this?

Not what I asked at all...I asked Christians DON'T kill in the name of god?

Not one word about what the bible says about it.

You will know them by their fruit

Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

If a person claims to be a Christian and they do something contrary to what is in the New Testament and you're foolish enough to believe them I'll leave that up to you them and God.

Seems a few people were burned at the stake, what was that for, not eating their veggies?

Last edited:
Seems a few people were burned at the stake, what was that for, not eating their veggies?

Silly rabbit does the new testament tell a Christian to burn people? Or anywhere in the Bible Does it tell a Christian to kill anyone?

Forum List

Back