Why is it ok to burn the Bible but not the quran?

No I don't see it that way. He was using those as an example to try and answer my question. Which he didn't So I'll jut wait

He can't answer your question. There is no place the Bible tells Christians to do those things. But there is ALWAYS an excuse for islam. And that excuse is ALWAYS Christians. Around and around and around and around.

And I never said there was either.

Immie

You said that people believed the Bible told them to do those things. Which it does not. And what they believed is immaterial as to the question asked of you.

He can't answer your question. There is no place the Bible tells Christians to do those things. But there is ALWAYS an excuse for islam. And that excuse is ALWAYS Christians. Around and around and around and around.

And I never said there was either.

Immie

You said that people believed the Bible told them to do those things. Which it does not. And what they believed is immaterial as to the question asked of you.

You are damned close to lying here.

That is not what I said. I said there were people who thought that the Bible gave them the right to do those things. No where did I say the Bible told them to.

Also, I commented on a statement made by Bigreb to someone else not me.

It was a casual comment about some people's usage of the Word of God. It was not an endorsement of their beliefs nor an excuse of the muslim actions we are discussing.

Immie

The scary thing is that there were those who believed it did. I will remind you of the Spanish Inquisition, the Crusades, the Salem Witch Trials as a few examples.

Immie

I can wire a house, doesn't make me an electrician, I'd never carry a gun, doesn't make me a liberal. Saying you are a Christian and living as one are two different things. You can claim to do things in God's name or Obama's name, doesn't make it so. The Bible describes the identifying marks of true Christians.

???

Just saying, you can claim to be whatever you want, call yourself a Christians doesn't make it true, living as a Christian makes it so.

Those that do things in the name of a religion, doesn't tie it to the religion.

It's more a question of why do people do things to deliberately piss off religious fanatics. Christians will kill in the name of God also, it just takes different circumstances.
i know who you are voting in 2012 ..

you left wing traitor !!

Anyone have a clue?

Stupid ass. It is not OK to burn anybodys Holy Book. However, there are no countries that we have troops in at present where burning a Bible would put those troops in danger. We have far too many troops in nations where burning a Koran will result in dead American Troops. Time to bring those troops home.

Anyone have a clue?

Stupid ass. It is not OK to burn anybodys Holy Book. However, there are no countries that we have troops in at present where burning a Bible would put those troops in danger. We have far too many troops in nations where burning a Koran will result in dead American Troops. Time to bring those troops home.

No time to say " If our troops do something wrong, bring it to our attention and we will administer justice; but if harm should befall those troops we will bring hell to those responsible."

In this case, the burning was accidental - it was not done as an intentional act of disrespect. I could see them getting upset if it was intentional, but it wasn't - they have no justification whatsoever.

yeah, because if i'm an afghan, i'm believing everything the occupiers are telling me. :thup:

duh
What? when did OWS move to Afghanistan?

Great spot for the Occupiers, they should all fit in well, they are just as peaceful as the Muslims.

Wrong my dear. Only commenting on the fact that there have been Christians who beleived that the Bible authorized their murderous ways. No where have I approved of the murder committed by the muslims in this case.

Immie

They would not be Christian, it goes against the basic teachings of Jesus, nice try though.

They would not necessarily be "good" Christians, but that would not mean that they weren't Christians.

Wrong my dear. Only commenting on the fact that there have been Christians who beleived that the Bible authorized their murderous ways. No where have I approved of the murder committed by the muslims in this case.

Immie

They would not be Christian, it goes against the basic teachings of Jesus, nice try though.

I actually agree with you. They do not appear to be Christian (ultimately I reserve the right to decide that question to the Lord) and that was the answer I expected to my statement.

Immie

Immie

They would not necessarily be "good" Christians, but that would not mean that they weren't Christians.

I'm not a "good" Christian either. I hold my only hope upon the Grace of God.

Immie

Anyone have a clue?

That neg was for being an ignorant son of a bitch.

Forum List

Back