Why is it ok to burn the Bible but not the quran?

Anyone have a clue?

You think it's okay to burn the Bible?!?!?!?

I don't. Whether it be the Bible, Qu'Ran, Baghavad Gita or whatever is considered holy, I think that level of disrespect is abominable. Is it worth killing over? Of course not but unfortunately, people have been killing each other over religious fanaticism since the dawn of time.

Ah the deflection from the OP's obvious meaning begins. Liberalism, Obtuseness be thy name.

This was difficult for you to understand? Or wait. I didn't immediately jump in and say "Yeah! Those dann Liberal Muslims!" or something equally um... "intelligent".

Anyone have a clue?

I don't. Whether it be the Bible, Qu'Ran, Baghavad Gita or whatever is considered holy, I think that level of disrespect is abominable. Is it worth killing over? Of course not but unfortunately, people have been killing each other over religious fanaticism since the dawn of time.
The question is

Obama thinks it's ok to do it, but not burn the quran.
Does obama apologize to his fellow American Christians for the U.S. Military burning their Bible?
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/05/20/us.military.bibles.burned/

Is obama placing one religion over another religion by apologizing to Afghanistan for burning the quran? If he's not doing that when did he apologize to American Christians for the military burning bibles?

Last edited:
Both were written in the pre-scientific days of ignorance and barbarism when people pissed and shit upstream of their bathing and drinking spots. They are sexist and racist ...and nobody should take them seriously. Neither should be protected.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGrlWOhtj3g]Lewis Black - The Old Testament - YouTube[/ame]​

And, oh. By the way, if a Bible cannot be repaired (and given that the Bible says not a word about the proper way to dispose of a worn out Bible), it is considered proper to burn it.

This is actually in line with the absence of any such discussion in the Qu'ran about disposing of a Qu'ran. Indeed, historically, at least one of the great Islam figures did burn non-conforming Qu'rans.

This is not the same for the Jewish faith. The Torah should, according to their religious beliefs, be buried properly in religious cemetery.

I didn't know anyone said that. Who was it???

Does obama apologize to his fellow American Christians for the U.S. Military burning their Bible?
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/05/20/us.military.bibles.burned/]Military burns unsolicited Bibles sent to Afghanistan - CNN.com

Is obama placing one religion over another religion by apologizing to Afghanistan for burning the quran? If he's not doing that when did he apologize to American Christians for the military burning bibles?

Obviously the Christians need to riot more often. They should include threats.

You mean, like.......

:eusa_eh:

Anyone have a clue?

The question is

Military burns unsolicited Bibles sent to Afghanistan - CNN.com

Ah! Well I guess you didn't read your own article! Obama didn't make the decision but I do think it was a wise one, given the circumstances:

"Such religious outreach can endanger American troops and civilians in the devoutly Muslim nation, Wright said.
"The decision was made that it was a 'force protection' measure to throw them away, because, if they did get out, it could be perceived by Afghans that the U.S. government or the U.S. military was trying to convert Muslims," Wright told CNN on Tuesday.

Perhaps you've noticed that the Afghans are pretty fanatical about their religion. If these Bibles had gotten out, that would have been very bad juju.

No. Keep in mind, we aren't at war with Afghanistan. We're at war with Al Qaeda and the Taliban. So it's for the same reason we don't take Bibles written in Tirkish or Kurdish to Istanbul. Being able to use cities and land there as a base of operations or transition, is as much an exercise in diplomacy as it is in warfare.

The question is

Ah! Well I guess you didn't read your own article! Obama didn't make the decision but I do think it was a wise one, given the circumstances:

"Such religious outreach can endanger American troops and civilians in the devoutly Muslim nation, Wright said.
"The decision was made that it was a 'force protection' measure to throw them away, because, if they did get out, it could be perceived by Afghans that the U.S. government or the U.S. military was trying to convert Muslims," Wright told CNN on Tuesday.

Perhaps you've noticed that the Afghans are pretty fanatical about their religion. If these Bibles had gotten out, that would have been very bad juju.

No. Keep in mind, we aren't at war with Afghanistan. We're at war with Al Qaeda and the Taliban. So it's for the same reason we don't take Bibles written in Tirkish or Kurdish to Istanbul. Being able to use cities and land there as a base of operations or transition, is as much an exercise in diplomacy as it is in warfare.

HUH?

What is the difference between a member of AQ, the Taliban and Afghan?

The question is

Who is the commander and chief? Has obama given apologies to Christians for the burning of Bibles?

The question is

HUH?

obama gave AQ military aid in Libya, that's the difference.

HUH?

Yo Vern, the Reagan administration gave Osamah Ben Laden and the Mujahadeen (now the The Taliban) millions of dollars. Its call blowback. Today they are our friends, tomorrow they will use the money to stab us in the back. The fuckers will never learn to cease and desist interfering in the internal affairs of foreign nations.

Where is the commandment in the Bible that a Christian is to kill in the name of God?

Now you tell us, If I i told those guys once I told them a thousand times, don't burn those people, it's not in the Bible, but....

Again where is the commandment in the bible that a Christian is to kill in the name of God.

You mean all those burnings and now we find it's not in the Bible, that's really an oopser.

HUH?

Yo Vern, the Reagan administration gave Osamah Ben Laden and the Mujahadeen (now the The Taliban) millions of dollars. Its call blowback. Today they are our friends, tomorrow they will use the money to stab us in the back. The fuckers will never learn to cease and desist interfering in the internal affairs of foreign nations.

Question of point. Were we at war with Al Qudea when Reagan gave aid to Bin Ladin? Are we now at war with AlQudea when obama gave aid to them in Libya?

The question is

HUH?

The Government of Afghanistan. Karzai was installed by Bush and although it's been dicey at times, the new government has proven useful.

The question is

Who is the commander and chief? Has obama given apologies to Christians for the burning of Bibles?COLOR]

So then is your opinion that, as CIC, Obama is directly responsible for the military actions, successes and failures of everyone in the military?!?!?!?

Who is the commander and chief? Has obama given apologies to Christians for the burning of Bibles?COLOR] Has obama given apologies to Christians for the burning of Bibles?

So then is your opinion that, as CIC, Obama is directly responsible for the military actions, successes and failures of everyone in the military?!?!?!?

He is in charge or is he not responsible for what the military does?

AND
WHY DID YOU EDIT THIS PART?
Has obama given apologies to Christians for the burning of Bibles?

Forum List

Back