Why is it so important to atheists to evangelize?

a simple no tresspassing sign will stop all groups from brothering ya

i wonder why any of you evangelize

How about "No soliciting" signs?

Best steer away from "Beware of Dog" signs though... that just gives christians an extra talking point.:lol:

No soliciting signs don't apply to a religion coming by your home to offer free home bible study. To solicite, you must be selling something for money, which JW's do not do.

The JW have gotten cheap these days and don't give out magazines. They used to have the Watchtower and the Awake. One of them actually was newsy and enjoyable to read.

I see no reason to get annoyed when religious sales people arrive at your door. You can quickly send them on their way with a polite "Thanks, I'm not interested in your church". It's such a non-problem.

I have a relative that is one of Jehovahs Witnesses. They do still offer the Watchtower and Awake, but they don't sell them. Since these magazines do cost money to produce, they are selective to whom they give them to. If a person expresses interest in reading the magazines, they distribute to them.

That's not the way it looks from the outside, chum.

So...you assume you are the smart one in this ?

Convince me your god is real and exists somewhere other than yours and your fellow christians imagination..IE "faith". See if your brainpower can do it without using that cop out.

Prove evolution. You can't. It is called the "theory of evolution" for a reason.

There are more signs of intelligent design than there are of evolution. If you believe that something as complex as the human body, the universe and other things just happened by chance, then you must believe you could drop the thousands of parts of an automobile from a skyscraper to havem them all come together as a working auto.

Last edited:
That's not the way it looks from the outside, chum.

Convince me your god is real and exists somewhere other than yours and your fellow christians imagination..IE "faith". See if your brainpower can do it without using that cop out.

Prove evolution. You can't. It is called the "theory of evolution" for a reason.

There are more signs of intelligent design than there are of evolution. If you believe that something as complex as the human body, the universe and other things just happened by chance, then you must believe you could drop the thousands of parts of an automobile from a skyscraper to havem them all come together as a working auto.
I love imbeciles who are so ignorant that they are too stupid to know just how moronic that analogy is. :rofl:

Don't you know that, unlike airplane parts, atoms can assemble themselves into molecules all by themselves. And only specific molecules form, not a bunch of random chance molecules either?!!
Of corse you do, you just like to play dumb so people won't think you are a premeditated liar when you post crap like you did above.

I love imbeciles who are so ignorant that they are too stupid to know just how moronic that analogy is. :rofl:

Don't you know that, unlike airplane parts, atoms can assemble themselves into molecules all by themselves. And only specific molecules form, not a bunch of random chance molecules either?!!
Of corse you do, you just like to play dumb so people won't think you are a premeditated liar when you post crap like you did above.

So all these molecules just happened to come together in such a complex manner as to produce a living organism? An organism that does many things aren't required for their existence.... such as being artistic, enjoying different tastes.. etc....
Where are the missing links? Why do all the fossil records show nothing but sudden appearance and disappearance of species? Where are all the links between?

Why so many evolutionary frauds?

The chances of that happening are so outrageous that it is impossible.

Additionally, if you can show me one good reason why apes still exist if they led to us and it is survival of the fittest, I will believe you.

Last edited:

So all these molecules just happened to come together in such a complex manner as to produce a living organism? An organism that does many things aren't required for their existence.... such as being artistic, enjoying different tastes.. etc....
Where are the missing links? Why do all the fossil records show nothing but sudden appearance and disappearance of species? Where are all the links between?

Additionally, if you can show me one good reason why apes still exist if they led to us and it is survival of the fittest, I will believe you.

For the same reson that single celled organisms still exist.

By your logic, there should be no living organisms on this planet except for us humans.

The JW have gotten cheap these days and don't give out magazines. They used to have the Watchtower and the Awake. One of them actually was newsy and enjoyable to read.

I see no reason to get annoyed when religious sales people arrive at your door. You can quickly send them on their way with a polite "Thanks, I'm not interested in your church". It's such a non-problem.

I have a relative that is one of Jehovahs Witnesses. They do still offer the Watchtower and Awake, but they don't sell them. Since these magazines do cost money to produce, they are selective to whom they give them to. If a person expresses interest in reading the magazines, they distribute to them.

Bullshit!

I refer back to my previous testimony of the elderly asian woman thrusting an awake in my face in a parking lot and later in the same parking lot thrusting some JW anti smoking literature as I was enjoying a cigar.

a simple no tresspassing sign will stop all groups from brothering ya

i wonder why any of you evangelize

How about "No soliciting" signs?

Best steer away from "Beware of Dog" signs though... that just gives christians an extra talking point.:lol:

No soliciting signs don't apply to a religion coming by your home to offer free home bible study. To solicite, you must be selling something for money, which JW's do not do.

I don't like the JW's teachings either, but all I do is tell them no thanks. What is so bad about that?

I'll take that any day over being subjected to atheistic indoctrination in schools and government parks any day.

As I said, the atoms and molecules don't "just happen" to combine at random but form only specific molecules determined by the number of electrons in the outer shell. These are called Valence Electrons. All life is made of these natural molecules, there are no unnatural "designer" molecules involved.

Why so many Creationist frauds?

And as I'm sure you know but are committed to playing dumb, apes did not lead to man. Our relationship to the apes is we both have a COMMON ANCESTOR.

all long as people like you keep trying to force your religious beliefs on everyone else, including mandating them via government, we atheist HAVE to counter your attempts to institute your religious mumbo jumbo

That's not why you really do it.

when YOU shut up about YOUR religious beliefs we atheists wil become less active in our logical and rational attempts to counter your irrational and illogical beliefs....

There you go. That's more like it. You want to silence anyone who doesn't agree with YOUR beliefs.

I imagine what you REALLY men is "atheists should just shut up while we christians force our opinions down everyones throat!"

No, I have never stated that. I think EVERYONE should be able to express their opinions and beliefs freely. However, my point is why should atheists if they don't hold any beliefs?

Atheists DO hold beliefs, The Light. Ones that they hold as dear as you hold yours. I don't understand why you feel they should be singled out to be silenced. Can you please explain?

Atheists DO hold beliefs, The Light. Ones that they hold as dear as you hold yours. I don't understand why you feel they should be singled out to be silenced. Can you please explain?

Why do you only read half of my posts?

As I said. EVERYONE should be able to express their beliefs and opinions.

Why is it you feel Christians should be silenced?

Biggest annoyance left for me is the tax free status of the Worship Industry in America... We tax Event revenue, Bar and Night Club Revenue, Comedy Club Revenue, Motivational Speaker revenue, etc. Why don't we tax the social gathering and entertainment business collectively known as the Worship Business?

Maybe I'm turning into a fussy little old lady, but it startles me (scares me a bit, to be honest) to get my door knocked on without expecting anyone. So yes, the religious solicitors do harm.

What's worse is, we have had some push-in robberies here and the victims only opened their doors after mistakenly thinking the knockers were religious. Kinda sorta like trick or treating and selling girl scout cookies door to door unaccompanied by an adult, some traditions are no longer viable.

Biggest annoyance left for me is the tax free status of the Worship Industry in America... We tax Event revenue, Bar and Night Club Revenue, Comedy Club Revenue, Motivational Speaker revenue, etc. Why don't we tax the social gathering and entertainment business collectively known as the Worship Business?
Gee, Bars and Night clubs should be tax exempt since we are told Atheism is a religion and bars and night clubs are their houses of worship. :eusa_whistle:

Atheists don't evangelize. To evangelize means to preach the gospel. Christians evangelize.

I'm going to politely disagree. My sincerest hope is that when somebody who, in the privacy of their own mind, is truly on the fence about believing that The Torah, The Koran, or The Bible is literally the definitive and final "Word of God" reads my posts in this forum, I can sway them back to reality.

I wasted a LOT of years thumping a bible and if anything became luckier after realizing the youthful folly of my faith.

Forum List

Back