🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why is Kasich still there?

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
Underperforming would be an understatement. He has done terrible. Why is he still there? Why does he even campaign if the only way he could win is by a GOP policy and NOT the people? Why waste everyones money like that?
:dunno:

Because he thinks they may have a contested convention and he wants to be in the mix.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows that.
His only hope of a nomination is by the Establishment :lol: what a LOSER

Underperforming would be an understatement. He has done terrible. Why is he still there? Why does he even campaign if the only way he could win is by a GOP policy and NOT the people? Why waste everyones money like that?

He dreams of being the man on the white horse at the convention.

I don't dislike the guy, but people on the whole are angry and growing angrier every day, and they want someone who will express that anger. That may sound to the Marxists like 1930s Germany, but there it is.

There are simply too many Democrats cast in leadership roles in the current Republican Party who would be happy to destroy the party if they cannot hold power. The rank-and-file want an end to that situation.

I'd say; "Somethings up." but everyone knows that we can see it, so even if he graps a few dels here and there to keep trump from walking away with it, there's nothing the insiders can do.

If trump has the most dels, the insiders will need to suck it up and back him or make it clear that there really is just one party.

"the people don't like me but the hell.. RIGHT?" :lol:

The people like him. National polls have consistently shown for many months that he is the only one who can beat Clinton in a national election. They would vote for him rather than Clinton--Trump and Cruz both lose to her. I don't know why no one will vote for him in the primaries--I guess they like Trump and Cruz better than him. But when push comes to shove, it has consistently shown that if you support Trump, Clinton will be our next president. THINK about that.

Because he thinks they may have a contested convention and he wants to be in the mix.

Which, by the way, is essentially the case with Cruz.

I would add that the R establishment is funding his efforts to keep his campaign going, because they so fear Trump

Now if The Donald and Cankles win their party's nominations, much of the R establishment will vote D in the general.

The people like him. National polls have consistently shown for many months that he is the only one who can beat Clinton in a national election. They would vote for him rather than Clinton--Trump and Cruz both lose to her. I don't know why no one will vote for him in the primaries--I guess they like Trump and Cruz better than him. But when push comes to shove, it has consistently shown that if you support Trump, Clinton will be our next president. THINK about that.
I said she would win a couple of years ago.

If the people liked him he would be doing better than SHITTY.

I actually like John Kasich more than Trump. But I can't vote for Kasich over Trump based on prinicipal. He has no path to the nomination except for establishment rigging and shenanigans. Like him or not, Trump has to be the nominee if our system of voting is to be real.

Same for the Democrats with Super Delegates. That shit has to stop. It's just a good thing Hillary leads in votes. Regardless, that system needs to be dumped.

IKR--it's a puzzle

IKR--it's a puzzle
Democrats like corporatists more than republicans do, is the only thing I can figure.

The guy can't even catch Rubio. Who left the race over a month ago.

I believe Kasich believes he can steal the nomination in an open convention. Like that is the way to win the whitehouse! So many people would be turned off that he would surly lose and take down the house and senate with him.

His only hope of a nomination is by the Establishment :lol: what a LOSER

Yep. I think his antics are going to get him primaried during the next gov election.
Yeah I think it is pretty clear that Kasich is a big government statist progressive....like most R and D politicians.

Even if he should lose his governorship, there can be no doubt he will earn (really steal) millions of dollars as a lobbyist or some such other underhanded position.

Underperforming would be an understatement

Actually, I think it would be a misguided statement. You're assuming Kasich's objective is to get as many delegates as possible and become a 1st ballot nominee. But that's not his objective at all. His objective is to stick it out for a brokered convention. So far, he's doing an excellent job.

I actually like John Kasich more than Trump. But I can't vote for Kasich over Trump based on prinicipal. He has no path to the nomination except for establishment rigging and shenanigans. Like him or not, Trump has to be the nominee if our system of voting is to be real.

Same for the Democrats with Super Delegates. That shit has to stop. It's just a good thing Hillary leads in votes. Regardless, that system needs to be dumped.
He would have if Carl Rove stopped telling people to ignore that Cruz is ineligible to run. Then 100% of the "never Trump" vote would go to Kasich. At that point from here on out, except possibly NJ, Kasich would mop the floor with Trump state after state...

...food for thought. The democrats will have their liberal-majority pals in SCOTUS shut down the Cruz campaign by September or October anyway. Time to shut it down now.

The polls are meaningless because the GOP is very divided (still) and any middle roaders will pick a favorite too. While Hillary has always been the presumptive nominee. Kasich has only won one state, his. So the right does not want him and many may choose to stay home.

Plus most Americans only know the candidates from sound bites and could tell you much more about the Kardasians than any candidate.

Forum List

Back