Why is Muslims murdering Christians "bad?"

I dodn't get that. Thought if you died for your religious faith (martyred et al.) then that was a really good thing for you. You're "partying" in Paradise they always say.

Or is dying somehow bad? ;)

In Christianity the end result is the same whether one lives their faith or dies for their faith. Christianity also teaches that life is God's greatest gift, which is why some Christians are so heart-sick about abortions, especially when Christians choose to abort. This life has meaning. As such, no other human should steal an individual's life from them. Each person, each life is unique and meaningful. Our present life is no less unique or meaningful than a future heavenly life.

Your question seems a variation of, Why do Christians grieve upon the death of their loved ones if they believe they are in heaven? Have you ever had anyone you loved move far away? We can be happy over another's opportunities and still grieve because we will miss being close to them and doing things with them.

I dodn't get that. Thought if you died for your religious faith (martyred et al.) then that was a really good thing for you. You're "partying" in Paradise they always say.

Or is dying somehow bad? ;)

In Christianity the end result is the same whether one lives their faith or dies for their faith. Christianity also teaches that life is God's greatest gift, which is why some Christians are so heart-sick about abortions, especially when Christians choose to abort. This life has meaning. As such, no other human should steal an individual's life from them. Each person, each life is unique and meaningful. Our present life is no less unique or meaningful than a future heavenly life.

Your question seems a variation of, Why do Christians grieve upon the death of their loved ones if they believe they are in heaven? Have you ever had anyone you loved move far away? We can be happy over another's opportunities and still grieve because we will miss being close to them and doing things with them.

Attending an uncle's funeral as I child I asked my Mom that very question. "If Uncle **** is in Heaven, why is everyone so sad?" Her answer, even as a child was improvised and unsatisfactory. Thus began my eventual loss of faith.

Everybody dies. If someone dies makes you sad or lose your emotional control you really need to think about it a bt and come to grips with it without inventing fictions.

Look on the brightside, nothing in the universe lasts forever, perhaps not even the universe itself. Everythig that is, eventually isn't. If you don't prepare for your own death and the death of loved ones so when that time comes it wrecks you you only did yourself a huge disservice.

Death sucks, but it's also very necessary. Finite resources, places to live, etc. If we lived even twice as long as usually do it's highly doubtful the human race would still be extant.

Attending an uncle's funeral as I child I asked my Mom that very question. "If Uncle **** is in Heaven, why is everyone so sad?" Her answer, even as a child was improvised and unsatisfactory. Thus began my eventual loss of faith.

Everybody dies. If someone dies makes you sad or lose your emotional control you really need to think about it a bt and come to grips with it without inventing fictions.

Look on the brightside, nothing in the universe lasts forever, perhaps not even the universe itself. Everythig that is, eventually isn't. If you don't prepare for your own death and the death of loved ones so when that time comes it wrecks you you only did yourself a huge disservice.

Death sucks, but it's also very necessary. Finite resources, places to live, etc. If we lived even twice as long as usually do it's highly doubtful the human race would still be extant.

If someone's passing or moving has never left a void in one's life, they are not going to understand why people who believe in heaven still grieve over the passing of a loved one.

Another aspect of death, even the death of a pet, is that it is a type of measuring rod that makes one more keenly aware of how swiftly time passes and how things have changed. We can't hang onto our selves of yesterday, let alone the people we love.

If someone's passing or moving has never left a void in one's life, they are not going to understand why people who believe in heaven still grieve over the passing of a loved one.

Another aspect of death, even the death of a pet, is that it is a type of measuring rod that makes one more keenly aware of how swiftly time passes and how things have changed. We can't hang onto our selves of yesterday, let alone the people we love.

Always thought the biggest reason for pets was to teach children about death and loss and teach them how to cope and deal. Lost many pets growing up, relatives too. If you don't learn how to deal with death and loss that you grasp onto some religious nonsense about heaven and seeing everybody again you're royally screwing yourself up.

Always thought the biggest reason for pets was to teach children about death and loss and teach them how to cope and deal. Lost many pets growing up, relatives too. If you don't learn how to deal with death and loss that you grasp onto some religious nonsense about heaven and seeing everybody again you're royally screwing yourself up.

Life after death is not nonsense, but I suspect you will learn that when the time is right. ;)

Life after death is not nonsense, but I suspect you will learn that when the time is right. ;)

We'll see. Wanna make a dollar wager? :) Dunno how that'd work if either wins but :)

Buddha was protected from misfortune his entire childhood. He grew up to start one of the five major religions of the world. It might not be such questions bad idea to protect our children from misfortunes. The contrasts of reality might inspire creativity.

Being faithful is good. Murdering someone is bad. How cruel and ungodly as they chant allah akbar.

The opening doesn't understand why murdering someone is bad.

Someday I hope you realize that the Lord cares a lot about how life enters and leaves this world.

ISIS Leaves Martyred Christians Crucified On Roadside...

Genocide of the Christian Martyrs laid bare: Sick ISIS butchers CRUCIFY thousands in Syria
September 28, 2015 - SPECIAL REPORT: We realise that many readers will find this image shocking, but feel it is vital to show the true horror of ISIS. And now a Jewish survivor of Nazi terror is leading the crusade to rescue the Christian Martyrs.
IT WAS only when the gates of the Nazi death camps were thrown open that the industrial scale of Hitler’s killing became known. Western diplomats had received scattered information about Nazi massacres of Jewish people and “undesirables” in occupied Poland and Russia but it was difficult to confirm. Yet just 70 years since the end of the Second World War, a genocide is taking place once again, this time against Christians.

ISIS-crucified-354572.jpg

ISIS propaganda video shows the body of man crucified by Islamic State

Scores have already been murdered by Islamic State and thousands forced to leave ancient Christian communities in northeastern Syria and western Iraq as the extremists demand they either convert to Islam, pay an extortionate rate of tax or face execution. Some have even been crucified. Despite concerns being raised by religious leaders including the Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby, the plight of Christian refugees is largely being ignored by the western world.

ISIS-Syria-354573.jpg

Islamic State killers hanged this man beside the road in an area occupied by the fanatics

Now a charity, which is being funded by Jewish peer George Weidenfeld, who escaped Nazi-occupied Austria with the help of British Christians, is taking matters into its own hands by mounting a series of rescue missions to save the Syrian Christians. Lord Weidenfeld, who was smuggled to safety by Quakers at the age of five, said: “I have a debt to repay.” So far the charity, the Barnabas Fund, has liberated 158 Christians from Syria and found them a new home in Poland.

MORE Genocide of the Christian Martyrs laid bare: Sick ISIS butchers CRUCIFY thousands in Syria

Now you know why it is bad.

Forum List

Back