Why is naturalism considered scientific and creationism is not ?

I will say you're correct, the more I have read the more I believe it's a bad argument to say evolution would violate the 2nd law.

Now for the kicker,how did the Dna code arise ? how is new genetic information produced so evolution can take place ?

I will say you're correct, the more I have read the more I believe it's a bad argument to say evolution would violate the 2nd law.

Thanks, my arm was getting tired from beating you over the head for the last few weeks.

Now for the kicker,how did the Dna code arise ? how is new genetic information produced so evolution can take place ?

In a way that didn't violate the 2nd Law.

Sorry Todd, we have a problem because the 2nd law supposedly only applies to a closed or isolated system.

What I was speaking of was developed here in an open system. What is your response to this ?

My response is that it doesn't violate the 2nd Law. And you agreed.
Changing your mind again?
Perhaps you have another law you feel evolution violates?

Sorry my mistake on the per acre. I am waiting for you to offer an explanation you brought it up.

The only doubt I have left is if the 2nd law only applies to the universe but until they say otherwise I will accept my correction.

They genetically modified the corn. They bred a new type, never before seen on Earth, that had a much higher yield.

Look up the Green Revolution.

We've been genetically modifying our crops since the first farmer saved the biggest seeds to plant the following year. Our food crops now look nothing like they did when we first started farming.

For this reason, I only buy what they call organic food lol.

Keep eating your modified organic food.

They tell us that
We lost our tails
Evolving up
From little snails
I say it's all
Just wind in sails
Are we not men?
We are DEVO!

They genetically modified the corn. They bred a new type, never before seen on Earth, that had a much higher yield.

We've been genetically modifying our crops since the first farmer saved the biggest seeds to plant the following year. Our food crops now look nothing like they did when we first started farming.

enjoy your spider goats...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPa8Vxqvkn0]Spiders genetically merged with Goats - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBDG3-bXcxQ&list=PLfh42-c43eeapAwJVOkxxxMy4DvynPc8Y]May 1 2013 Breaking News Labs Mixing Human DNA Animal DNA - end times news update 4-12-13 - YouTube[/ame]

Glow-In-The-Dark-Fish.jpg

The First Canids - Hesperocyon and the "Bone-Crushing Dogs"

Paleontologists agree that the late Eocene (about 40 to 35 million years ago) Hesperocyon was directly ancestral to all later canids--and thus to the genus Canis, which branched off from a subfamily of canids about six million years ago.
This "western dog" was only about the size of a small fox, but its inner-ear structure was characteristic of later dogs,
and there's some evidence that it may have lived in communities, either high up in trees or in underground burrows. Hesperocyon is very well-represented in the fossil record; in fact, this was one of the most common mammals of prehistoric North America.
Dog Evolution - The Story of Prehistoric Dogs

a small fox like.."stocky animals with yellowish, medium coats, furry tails, short muzzles and upright ears."

Last edited by a moderator:
Part 1: Myths about origin and nature

From the book: The 100 Silliest Things People Say About Dogs
Copyright 2009 by Alexandra Semyonova -- All Rights Reserved

Myth 1: The dog is a descendant of the wolf. Because of this
we should regard him as a sort of tame wolf in our living room.

World's first dog lived 31,700 years ago, ate big - Technology & science - Science - DiscoveryNews.com | NBC News

Irony #1 - the idea that your link actually proved your claim. From your link:

"Germonpré believes dog domestication might have begun when the prehistoric hunters killed a female wolf and then brought home her pups."

And this:

"Crockford, however, is not convinced the Aurignacians domesticated dogs. She instead suspects dogs may have undergone "self-domestication" from wolves more than once over history, which could explain why the animals appear and then seemingly disappear from the archaeological record."

It is my opinion that the latter is the correct answer. At any rate, you are completely wrong.

Hesperocyon is not a dog. It isn't even a Canis. It is ancestral to all canids (which includes foxes and coyotes). Wolves branched from Canids six million years ago, and is its own genus, Canis. The grey wolf is Canis lupus. The domestic dog is Canis domesticus. It is a descendent of wolves, bred by humans from wolves. End of story.

Part 1: Myths about origin and nature

From the book: The 100 Silliest Things People Say About Dogs
Copyright 2009 by Alexandra Semyonova -- All Rights Reserved

Myth 1: The dog is a descendant of the wolf. Because of this
we should regard him as a sort of tame wolf in our living room.

World's first dog lived 31,700 years ago, ate big - Technology & science - Science - DiscoveryNews.com | NBC News

Irony #1 - the idea that your link actually proved your claim. From your link:

"Germonpré believes dog domestication might have begun when the prehistoric hunters killed a female wolf and then brought home her pups."

And this:

"Crockford, however, is not convinced the Aurignacians domesticated dogs. She instead suspects dogs may have undergone "self-domestication" from wolves more than once over history, which could explain why the animals appear and then seemingly disappear from the archaeological record."

It is my opinion that the latter is the correct answer. At any rate, you are completely wrong.

it was to point out all the ifs and maybes and disappearing and re-appearing dogs in your absolute theory

Hesperocyon is not a dog. It isn't even a Canis. It is ancestral to all canids (which includes foxes and coyotes). Wolves branched from Canids six million years ago, and is its own genus, Canis. The grey wolf is Canis lupus. The domestic dog is Canis domesticus. It is a descendent of wolves, bred by humans from wolves. End of story.

End of your story..

The Canidae /ˈkænɨdiː/ [2] are the biological family of carnivorous and omnivorous mammals that includes domestic dogs, wolves, foxes, jackals, coyotes, and many other lesser known extant and extinct dog-like mammals. A member of this family is called a canid

Last edited:

Thanks, my arm was getting tired from beating you over the head for the last few weeks.

In a way that didn't violate the 2nd Law.

Sorry Todd, we have a problem because the 2nd law supposedly only applies to a closed or isolated system.

What I was speaking of was developed here in an open system. What is your response to this ?

I am told that the 2nd law only applies to isolated and closed systems if that is the case it would not apply to this planet.

How can the production of the Dna language violate a law on this planet that does not apply to it ?

If the 2nd law applies to this planet then yes it would affect evolution, after all we see all systems on this planet run their cycle and eventually wear down and die,is this due to order or disorder ? everything breaks down over time on this planet whether it is inanimate or animate.

Last edited:

I will keep eating my selectively bred food that is not GM or shot up with steroids. Do you know food that are GM are to be labled as such ?

I am told that the 2nd law only applies to isolated and closed systems if that is the case it would not apply to this planet.

How can the production of the Dna language violate a law on this planet that does not apply to it ?

If the 2nd law applies to this planet then yes it would affect evolution, after all we see all systems on this planet run their cycle and eventually wear down and die,is this due to order or disorder ? everything breaks down over time on this planet whether it is inanimate or animate.

Ask the Creationists who still believe it does.
I'm just glad that you were able to learn the error of that claim.

Was there another law you felt evolution violated?

Forum List

Back