Why is naturalism considered scientific and creationism is not ?

the theory of evolution is a theory thats why its called the "theory of evolution"

If you had a science vocabulary and a bit of knowledge regarding science terms, you would understand what "theory" means.

Dang you you should be having this discussion in a mirror.

The issue you have is being befuddled with science terminology. You tend to argue against that which you don't understand and when you're corrected, you forget what you were arguing against.

Which supports evolution

Thanks for posting

Not if you fully understood genetics.

For someone who gets their science from Harun Yahya, you're a poor candidate to be offering a critique on the biological sciences.

You are a liar hollie and you really don't want this discussion because you simply lack the knowledge to discuss it. I have explained many times why the view we are related to animals is absurd and it is only vivid imaginations at work. It's the faulty assumption that all animals evolved from the same source of life.

Genetically speaking we are to far apart to be related to any non Homo Sapien. This is one of the many holes in the theory.

Where are the genetics supporting creation?

Sorry, you lose

Sorry but can you handle the truth ?

The bible say's 10 times in genesis that kinds only bring forth after their own kind and for thousands of years and billions upon billions of observations the bible is correct, You lose.

Actually, this has been proven to be untrue. Even by Darwins biological observations

Your Bible is wrong and once again is disproven by science

Explain to me how we are supposedly related to anything other than a Homo Sapien ?

Where are the genetics supporting creation?

Sorry, you lose

The bible say's 10 times in genesis that kinds only bring forth after their own kind and for thousands of years and billions upon billions of observations the bible is correct, You lose.
We know that in the genesis tale, your gawds lied. Satan told the truth.

Once again, we see that the bibles are self-refuting.

If satan exists so does God, thank you for your admission.

"youwerecreated" doesn't make much sense and this
Evolution is a theory. God is not
is just silly, but ...

Why does it matter if others don't agree with your FAITH in the bible? Why are believers always trying to make other agree with them?

And, why are believers so desperate to find some proof of a magical super being?

Believe whatever gets you through the night but leave non-believers people alone. Quit trying to force your fantasies on others.

Believe me, the constant haranguing and yammering that your fantasy is real does absolutely nothing for your cause. Unless you count that it makes fact-based believers turn off from your message.

Edited to add ... I just realized that I might have misunderstood the meaning of this statement.. Maybe it was meant to mean that the existence of a god is fantasy.

I have read several of those hard text books and they are filled with conjecture.

another reactionary equating intelligent design with politics and right wing christains

The reason why so many confuse ID with creationism is the trial in Dover PA. That is the result of activist and secular courts not understanding science.

NOVA | Intelligent Design on Trial
You're again (still), befuddled.

What Dover accomplished was a thorough dismantling of creationist appeals to Christian fundamentalism. The inability by the Christian creationist cabal to make a coherent argument was another embarrassing drubbing suffered by crestionist, ie: re-branded Christian fundies.

Your own fundamentalist leanings prevents you from objectively assessing the humiliating defeat suffered by the religionists. They attempted to force their Christian fundie dogma into the public schools and were given the Bum's Rush.

We know that in the genesis tale, your gawds lied. Satan told the truth.

Once again, we see that the bibles are self-refuting.

If satan exists so does God, thank you for your admission.

Not necessarily. I would think that there are people who believe in "satan" but not in a "god".

But if one does not believe, on faith, that a god exists, it follows that they would likely believe that satan does not exist either.

Evolution is a fact....

God is a theory

the theory of evolution is a theory thats why its called the "theory of evolution"

Exactly. A theory is rationally coherent, explains the available evidence and makes verifiable predictions about the world we live in.

Evolution is a theory. God is not.

Let's expose your bias.

Since there is no scientific explanation as to the origins of life you can't rule out design. By rejecting the possibility of design it's no longer science it is a philisophical view.

Science can't prove naturalistic processes produced all we see they can't rule out the designer. They can cling to their view but a creationist and a propopnent for ID has the same right.

Exactly. A theory is rationally coherent, explains the available evidence and makes verifiable predictions about the world we live in.

Let's expose your bias.

Since there is no scientific explanation as to the origins of life you can't rule out design. By rejecting the possibility of design it's no longer science it is a philisophical view.

Science can't prove naturalistic processes produced all we see they can't rule out the designer. They can cling to their view but a creationist and a propopnent for ID has the same right.

There are no scientific explanation for ID or creation theory....as such, it must be discounted as a valid scientific theory

"youwerecreated" doesn't make much sense and this
is just silly, but ...

Why does it matter if others don't agree with your FAITH in the bible? Why are believers always trying to make other agree with them?

And, why are believers so desperate to find some proof of a magical super being?

Believe whatever gets you through the night but leave non-believers people alone. Quit trying to force your fantasies on others.

Believe me, the constant haranguing and yammering that your fantasy is real does absolutely nothing for your cause. Unless you count that it makes fact-based believers turn off from your message.

Edited to add ... I just realized that I might have misunderstood the meaning of this statement.. Maybe it was meant to mean that the existence of a god is fantasy.

Quote: Originally Posted by rightwinger View Post
Evolution is a fact....

God is a theory

Thank you for the admission Rightwinger.

But I am not sure where I said what you said.

It seems some of the more excitable creationist should spend some time and get acquainted with what the term "theory" actually means as it applies in the science world.

Evolution is a Fact and a Theory

Otherwise, I suppose we can dismiss gravity, Einstein's silly notions of "relativity", etc. because they are merely theories.

Yes please learn what a scientific theory really is.

What is a Scientific Theory? | Definition of Theory | LiveScience

Great. Now that you have moved momentarily from your position that the science community is engaged in a sinister, global conspiracy, please provide a "General Theory of Creation".

Make sure your theory and experimentation is consistent with the methodology in your LiveScience article.

another reactionary equating intelligent design with politics and right wing christains

The reason why so many confuse ID with creationism is the trial in Dover PA. That is the result of activist and secular courts not understanding science.

What Dover accomplished was a thorough dismantling of creationist appeals to Christian fundamentalism. The inability by the Christian creationist cabal to make a coherent argument was another embarrassing drubbing suffered by crestionist, ie: re-branded Christian fundies.

Your own fundamentalist leanings prevents you from objectively assessing the humiliating defeat suffered by the religionists. They attempted to force their Christian fundie dogma into the public schools and were given the Bum's Rush.

You are just exaggerating the facts as usual you embicile. The court decided for the plantiffs because of some of the tenets of ID they concluded had ties to religious views which violated separation of church and state. They admitted that the intelligent agent for design was the Christian and Hebrew God.

Once again you resort to being dishonest.

It seems some of the more excitable creationist should spend some time and get acquainted with what the term "theory" actually means as it applies in the science world.

Evolution is a Fact and a Theory

Otherwise, I suppose we can dismiss gravity, Einstein's silly notions of "relativity", etc. because they are merely theories.

Yes please learn what a scientific theory really is.

What is a Scientific Theory? | Definition of Theory | LiveScience

The LiveScience article is consistent with what I provided you.

Did you notice that the article you linked to made mention of natural processes and experimentation? You inadvertently refuted your own claims to supermagical agents.

I suppose I should say thanks for your assistance in dismantling your own argument.

So, thanks.

Not if you fully understood genetics.

For someone who gets their science from Harun Yahya, you're a poor candidate to be offering a critique on the biological sciences.

You are a liar hollie and you really don't want this discussion because you simply lack the knowledge to discuss it. I have explained many times why the view we are related to animals is absurd and it is only vivid imaginations at work. It's the faulty assumption that all animals evolved from the same source of life.

Genetically speaking we are to far apart to be related to any non Homo Sapien. This is one of the many holes in the theory.

earliest life

THE EARLIEST LIFE

The oldest well dated and well preserved microsfossils were described by J.W. Schopf from the Apex Chert at Marble Bar, Western Australia. These are dated at 3.465 Ga.

The Oldest Homo Sapiens: Fossils Push Human Emergence Back To 195,000 Years Ago

Feb. 28, 2005 — When the bones of two early humans were found in 1967 near Kibish, Ethiopia, they were thought to be 130,000 years old. A few years ago, researchers found 154,000- to 160,000-year-old human bones at Herto, Ethiopia. Now, a new study of the 1967 fossil site indicates the earliest known members of our species, Homo sapiens, roamed Africa about 195,000 years ago.

YWC: "Genetically speaking we are to far apart to be related to any non Homo Sapien. This is one of the many holes in the theory".

can you explain why there are no Homo Sapien fossilized remains equivalent to the earliest life on Earth - ~3.4 Billion years old ?

when the oldest remains for Homo Sapien actually date back less than 200K years -

Last edited:

Let's expose your bias.

There are no scientific explanation for ID or creation theory....as such, it must be discounted as a valid scientific theory

You can only say that because of the interpretations of an anti God and completely secular courts.

Feb. 28, 2005 — When the bones of two early humans were found in 1967 near Kibish, Ethiopia, they were thought to be 130,000 years old. A few years ago, researchers found 154,000- to 160,000-year-old human bones at Herto, Ethiopia. Now, a new study of the 1967 fossil site indicates the earliest known members of our species, Homo sapiens, roamed Africa about 195,000 years ago.

YWC: "Genetically speaking we are to far apart to be related to any non Homo Sapien. This is one of the many holes in the theory".

can you explain why there are no Homo Sapien fossilized remains equivalent to the earliest life on Earth - ~3.4 Billion years old ?

when the oldest remains for Homo Sapien actually date back less than 200K years -

You're asking the wrong person. I do not trust dating methods.

You are just exaggerating the facts as usual you embicile. The court decided for the plantiffs because of some of the tenets of ID they concluded had ties to religious views which violated separation of church and state. They admitted that the intelligent agent for design was the Christian and Hebrew God.

Once again you resort to being dishonest.

You're angry and lashing out. That won't change the facts of the Dover case, however.

Here's an extensive detailing of the case.

Kitzmiller v. Dover: Decision of the Court

From the article, here's something interesting

[This is the decision of the court in the Kitzmiller et al. v Dover Area School District et al. case. Judge John E. Jones III, who was nominated by President George W. Bush, made a very strong ruling against intelligent design. He ruled that it is creationism and is not science. He also ruled that members of Dover's school board lied under oath to hide their religious motivations. This archive also hosts transcripts of the trial. See the Dover index page.]

You need to revise your global conspiracy theories to include those atheistic, evilutionist judges.

You're asking the wrong person. I do not trust dating methods.

Of course you don't. An old earth conflicts with the genesis fable. So does much of science which explains your loathing of science, knowledge and results in your floating of goofy conspiracy theories.

Forum List

Back