Why is naturalism considered scientific and creationism is not ?

Micro evolution yes, Macro no.

DNA has shown the interrelationships between the species. There is much in common. Macro evolution occurs.

Dna does no such of a thing we are genetically to far apart to be related to anything other than a human. That is merely an inference.
We are genetically linked to primates, genetically linked to mammals and genetically linked to vertebrates

The interrelationships of all species has been fully mapped

The existence of God has no similar proof. In fact, existing proof refutes the idea of God creating all species at creation

Last edited:
God says it best.

Psa 53:1 To the Chief Musician on Mahalath. A contemplation. A Psalm of David. The fool has said in his heart, There is no God. They acted corruptly, and have worked out abominable wickedness; there is not one doing good.

Rev 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every freeman, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains.
Rev 6:16 And they said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him sitting on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb;
Rev 6:17 for the great day of His wrath has come, and who will be able to stand?

Reality !

I will admit creationists have been caught with their pants down but remember they are also dealing with secular courts. It will not always be that way.

As long as there are sane rational people around it will remain that way.

Your days are numbered and let's get back on topic, like the evidence you seem to avoid.
Oh great. Maybe we'll one day have religious tribal courts just like in Pakistan.

God says it best.

Psa 53:1 To the Chief Musician on Mahalath. A contemplation. A Psalm of David. The fool has said in his heart, There is no God. They acted corruptly, and have worked out abominable wickedness; there is not one doing good.

Rev 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every freeman, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains.
Rev 6:16 And they said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him sitting on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb;
Rev 6:17 for the great day of His wrath has come, and who will be able to stand?

Reality !

Any scientific proof of that?

Meet the same standards you demand of evolution

DNA has shown the interrelationships between the species. There is much in common. Macro evolution occurs.

Dna does no such of a thing we are genetically to far apart to be related to anything other than a human. That is merely an inference.
We are genetically linked to primates, genetically linked to mammals and genetically linked to vertebrates

The existence of God has no similar proof

Do you think we are genetically related to mice ? frogs ?

It is very difficult to find reliable data comparing the human genome to animal genome. The principal reason is that few animals have had their full genome sequenced. Even those that have cannot be easily compared in terms of percentages because the genomic length and chromosomal division can vary greatly from one species to another.

Scouring the Web, here is what I have found so far.

- Genome-wide variation from one human being to another can be up to 0.5% (99.5% similarity)

- Chimpanzees are 96% to 98% similar to humans, depending on how it is calculated. (source)

- Cats have 90% of homologous genes with humans, 82% with dogs, 80% with cows, 79% with chimpanzees, 69% with rats and 67% with mice. (source)

- Cows (Bos taurus) are 80% genetically similar to humans (source)

- 75% of mouse genes have equivalents in humans (source), 90% of the mouse genome could be lined up with a region on the human genome (source) 99% of mouse genes turn out to have analogues in humans (source)

- The fruit fly (Drosophila) shares about 60% of its DNA with humans (source).

- About 60% of chicken genes correspond to a similar human gene. (source)

The number of genes across a few tested species can be compared on HomoloGene.

Percentage of genetic similarity between humans and animals

The Dover statement. this is read to all students lol.

Text of the intelligent design statement Dover, PA, teachers were instructed to read to their students:

The Pennsylvania Academic Standards require students to learn about Darwin’s theory of evolution and eventually to take a standardized test of which evolution is a part.

Because Darwin’s theory is a theory, it continues to be tested as new evidence is discovered. The theory is not a fact. Gaps in the theory exist for which there is no evidence. A theory is defined as a well-tested explanation that unifies a broad range of observations.

Intelligent design is an explanation of the origin of life that differs from Darwin’s view. The reference book, “Of Pandas and People,” is available for students who might be interested in gaining an understanding of what intelligent design actually involves.

With respect to any theory, students are encouraged to keep an open mind. The school leaves the discussion of the origins of life to individual students and their families. As a standards-driven district, class instruction focuses upon preparing students to achieve proficiency on standards-based assessments.

Source: Dover Area School District News: Biology Curriculum Update

Defending ?Design? in Dover (Pennsylvania, USA) - Answers in Genesis

NOVA | Intelligent Design on Trial

During the trial, lawyers for the plaintiffs showed that evolution is one of the best-tested and most thoroughly confirmed theories in the history of science, and that its unresolved questions are normal research problems–the type that arise in any flourishing scientific field.

U.S. District Court Judge John E. Jones III ultimately decided for the plaintiffs, writing in his decision that intelligent design "cannot uncouple itself from its creationist, and thus religious, antecedents." As part of his decision, Judge Jones ordered the Dover school board to pay legal fees and damages, which were eventually set at $1 million.

Like I said,I don't really care what a secular court decides that is ruled by anti God people. It was funny you were full of shit.

Your contempt for the rule of law is noted.

And this is why we need the First Amendment today as much as any time in our Nation’s history, if not more so – to protect citizens from the arrogance of the Christian right as they seek to codify religions dogma into secular law, in violation of the Establishment Clause and the original intent of the Framers.

YWC obviously knows less than nothing about DNA.

What would you like to discuss concerning Dna and genetics I assure you, you're in my area of expertise. I would be more than happy to reveal your ignorance one again.

God says it best.

Rev 6:17 for the great day of His wrath has come,
and who will be able to stand?

Reality !

So now YWC has taken to threatening us with the "wrath" of his "lamb"?

images

NOVA | Intelligent Design on Trial

During the trial, lawyers for the plaintiffs showed that evolution is one of the best-tested and most thoroughly confirmed theories in the history of science, and that its unresolved questions are normal research problems–the type that arise in any flourishing scientific field.

U.S. District Court Judge John E. Jones III ultimately decided for the plaintiffs, writing in his decision that intelligent design "cannot uncouple itself from its creationist, and thus religious, antecedents." As part of his decision, Judge Jones ordered the Dover school board to pay legal fees and damages, which were eventually set at $1 million.

Like I said,I don't really care what a secular court decides that is ruled by anti God people. It was funny you were full of shit.

And this is why we need the First Amendment today as much as any time in our Nation’s history, if not more so – to protect citizens from the arrogance of the Christian right as they seek to codify religions dogma into secular law, in violation of the Establishment Clause and the original intent of the Framers.

I obey the laws of the land, I still believe the secular courts are nothing more than activists.

God says it best.

Rev 6:17 for the great day of His wrath has come,
and who will be able to stand?

Reality !

So now YWC has taken to threatening us with the "wrath" of his "lamb"?

images

Not me,that is god speaking. :eusa_angel:

I obey the laws of the land, I still believe the secular courts are nothing more than activists.

You prefer Sharia Law?

You prefer Sharia Law?

Nope, but there are Christians who are enduring under that rule of law as well as communism.

The existence of God has no similar proof

Do you think we are genetically related to mice ? frogs ?

It is very difficult to find reliable data comparing the human genome to animal genome. The principal reason is that few animals have had their full genome sequenced. Even those that have cannot be easily compared in terms of percentages because the genomic length and chromosomal division can vary greatly from one species to another.

Scouring the Web, here is what I have found so far.

- Genome-wide variation from one human being to another can be up to 0.5% (99.5% similarity)

- Chimpanzees are 96% to 98% similar to humans, depending on how it is calculated. (source)

- Cats have 90% of homologous genes with humans, 82% with dogs, 80% with cows, 79% with chimpanzees, 69% with rats and 67% with mice. (source)

- Cows (Bos taurus) are 80% genetically similar to humans (source)

- 75% of mouse genes have equivalents in humans (source), 90% of the mouse genome could be lined up with a region on the human genome (source) 99% of mouse genes turn out to have analogues in humans (source)

- The fruit fly (Drosophila) shares about 60% of its DNA with humans (source).

- About 60% of chicken genes correspond to a similar human gene. (source)

The number of genes across a few tested species can be compared on HomoloGene.

Percentage of genetic similarity between humans and animals

Which supports evolution

Thanks for posting

YWC obviously knows less than nothing about DNA.

What would you like to discuss concerning Dna and genetics I assure you, you're in my area of expertise. I would be more than happy to reveal your ignorance one again.

Been there, done that, don't need yet another t-shirt proving that creationists are clueless when it comes to science.

Great post.

Yes, natural recurring processes can be observed does not mean the processes happened naturally. The question should be is how these natural processes that recur over and over got started.

My point is why do they look to explain that everything is a product of naturalism when their is no natural process that can be observed that could account for origins of life Or origins of any kind other than the natural recurring processes that are observed with the all the necessities already in place.

I do disagree with one of your points However.Creation is a process of design which can be observed in nature.

If you can "observe in nature" the "process of design" in "creation" then YOU must be able to provide plenty of examples since your premise is that ALL LIFE was "created", right?

So now here is your big opportunity to prove once and for all that everything is the result of "creation".

Provide irrefutable examples of this alleged "process of design" that YOU can "observe in nature".

There are to many examples in nature to number.

Organs,blood,skeletal structures,eyes,brains,central nervous system,atmosphere,the sun and moon,our planet,oxygen,water,defense mechanisms that help protect organisms,
vegetation etc.Chance or purposeful design ?

Asking a question isn't an answer. BEEP. Try again.

Clearly, the answer here is "there's just gotta be. There's just gotta".

And right wingers get so upset when you point out that only a measly 6% of scientists will admit to being Republican.

If they are going to believe in mysticism and the occult over science, then quit insisting most scientists are Republican.

Forum List

Back