Why is Obama and Reid Refusing a 1 Year Delay of ACA Individual Mandate?

The Dems will not do so for political reasons. Their FEAR is that they lose more seats and will be in a worse position in the debate a year from now, so they choose to fight while they still retain power in the Senate.

The Senate seats up for grabs next year favor the GOP gaining Senate Seats because of the States on the list, and they know this. So they fight now while they still have some power in Congress.

That was prior to 1Oct13. As of now, every GOP seat will be up for grabs. This is going to backfire on the GOP and you wingnuts in ways you cannot even concieve of at present.

The President needs to stand up to the bullying and not give an inch. He should not even let the GOP radicals save face on this one.

I would be upset if Democrats gave any concessions on this.

the Democrats and this THUG PRESIDENT COULD PUT a stop to all this ANYTIME
so if we default on anything it will be ON THEM

The problem with your thinking is that normal America doesn't agree with you.

The hell if they don't...none of these politicians, newspapers, the lapdog media or polls KNOW what NORMAL Americans THINK

Obama's approvals were already in the 30's, so don't stake your dear leader loving lives on, they DON'T AGREE...

As usual, Staph is either lying or cannot read simple graphs. Hard to judge which, given the intellectual level that she operates from.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

It was an offer ONLY IF they defunded Obamacare............

Do you really think you'll walk away from this Shutdown without concessions.................

Better start deciding on Budget cut decisions in the final scenario.

im not a senator

So you post with the excuse of NO INPUT on a board, because you are not in power. Defending those in power and attacking those who argue against your position.

No input to the situation, then you deserve nothing in return from me.

wtf did you just even say to me?

"Do you really think you'll walk away from this Shutdown without concessions"

stfu weirdo

The President needs to stand up to the bullying and not give an inch. He should not even let the GOP radicals save face on this one.

No reason for the Dems to give anything. The GOP is totally screwing themselves over. They cannot even ennunciate what it is that they want to accomplish.

No reason for the Dems to give anything. The GOP is totally screwing themselves over. They cannot even ennunciate what it is that they want to accomplish.

They're flailing right now. There are high level meetings today, hope they show that clip again of Rs sitting at the conference table waiting for the Senate to join them. That was so cute, wasn't it?

Serious question. This could all end if Obama would give the American people what he gave the 1%, big business, a 1 year delay. Just like he did for the Catholic Church as well.

Why not us?

Let those that want to sign up now do so. For the rest, give them a year,

And remember, Obama is appeasing the very folks he campaigned against.

-Geaux

Serious answer: Politics!

The Republicans are focused on the 2014 General Election. They want to pack State Legislatures and gain seats in The Congress. If the ACA turns out to benefit millions of Americans they will lose their talking points.

This is what concerns the GOP:

Demand is strong as Obamacare enrollment starts in California - latimes.com

The Callousness of the Tea Party Republicans is horrific, and given the Catholic Bishops got slapped down by Pope Francis, I suspect the Church of my youth will soon return to its mission, as preached by Jesus; the GOP will lose one more talking point - that they are the keepers of the faith.

Those who want to wait to sign up can. Open enrollment lasts until Dec. 31, 2013. If those who want to sign up do not do so by that date they will need to wait until the next open enrollment period. Freeloaders can choose to play Russian Roulette and wait until they get sick or injured. However, a broken leg or heart attack will cost them many times over what they would pay to the insurance they choose via the exchange.

Two reasons:

1) Pride
2) He wants the people to suffer so he can blame the suffering on Republicans.

The President is the bully here.

The House has passed bills funding each aspect of government that the President has been shutting down. I don't think the GOP needs to save face on this one. The Senate needs to explain why they are not funding the government when given an opportunity to.

The problem with your thinking is that normal America doesn't agree with you.

The hell if they don't...none of these politicians, newspapers, the lapdog media or polls KNOW what NORMAL Americans THINK

Obama's approvals were already in the 30's, so don't stake your dear leader loving lives on, they DON'T AGREE...

You're not a normal American.

Also - in the same post that you just called polls bunk, you made your second point by pointing to poll numbers.

Take a break, your brain is faulty.

for sure you're a typical nasty liberal
take a trip to hell for all I care

you libs have proven yourselves to be UNAMERCIAN with this President..

that is the saddest of all out of his election

Last edited:
Two reasons:

1) Pride

Your politics have made you a wee bit cynical. That's not good for the spirit.

Nothing cynical about it. That's exactly what he is doing. Watch and listen to what he says. He is happy that the shut down happened because it gives him a weapon to attack the Republicans with. He has absolutely no problem that people are suffering so long as he thinks it benefits him politically.

Look at least half the left leaning members of this board. They are acting the same exact way. They are celebrating that people are suffering just so they can attack the GOP.

As much as i don't agree with Democrat policies, the last thing I would ever consider doing is to take pleasure in people suffering because of them. Quite the opposite. I don't like that people are suffering which is precisely why I oppose those policies.

What's going on in our government may be political games by the politicians and some of the people. But reality is it's effecting the lives of people. Many will suffer. Some will even die because of bad government policy. Some people might not think that matters as long as a D or an R has power. But I don't. We need to clean corruption out of our society. And the best place to start is with ourselves.

Two reasons:

1) Pride

Avatar's comment seems to violate this Commandment from GOD: " You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor".

Ironic that you should bear false witness against me when i tell the truth while trying to rebuke me for doing what you are doing.

Serious question. This could all end if Obama would give the American people what he gave the 1%, big business, a 1 year delay. Just like he did for the Catholic Church as well.

Why not us?

Let those that want to sign up now do so. For the rest, give them a year,

And remember, Obama is appeasing the very folks he campaigned against.

-Geaux

It's not that I object to stupid questions, just ones that the original OP poster already knows the answer to, otherwise he wouldn't float the stinky bait.

The 40 TeaPs that hold the GOP hostage will not last much longer.

When Boehner brings the bill for an up and down vote, the TPM is finished.

Im sure you would be. After all, you dont like Democrats conceding on anything. One of these days you will have to for a change though.

Two reasons:

1) Pride

Avatar's comment seems to violate this Commandment from GOD: " You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor".

oh my gawd, it's not like any of you didn't do that with Bush and now look at you with the Tea party, Conservatives, Republicans

you people have gone completely stupid with this shut down...

almost laughable if it wasn't SO PATHETIC

Two reasons:

1) Pride

Nothing cynical about it. That's exactly what he is doing. Watch and listen to what he says. He is happy that the shut down happened because it gives him a weapon to attack the Republicans with. He has absolutely no problem that people are suffering so long as he thinks it benefits him politically.

Look at least half the left leaning members of this board. They are acting the same exact way. They are celebrating that people are suffering just so they can attack the GOP.

As much as i don't agree with Democrat policies, the last thing I would ever consider doing is to take pleasure in people suffering because of them. Quite the opposite. I don't like that people are suffering which is precisely why I oppose those policies.

What's going on in our government may be political games by the politicians and some of the people. But reality is it's effecting the lives of people. Many will suffer. Some will even die because of bad government policy. Some people might not think that matters as long as a D or an R has power. But I don't. We need to clean corruption out of our society. And the best place to start is with ourselves.

There is a simple issue here. The GOP has made the funding of the government hostage to what amounts to a repeal of a law passed by the House, Senate, and signed by the President. This repeal is proposed to happen, not through the democratic process of electing enough people to pass the repeal legislatively, but through the extortion of completely crashing the American, and through that, the world economy.

The President is completely correct in not negotiating on even one item.

Forum List

Back