Why is prostitution illegal?

I hope it stays illegal. There's something... disturbing... about women demeaning themselves and their bodies that way. Hey, their choice, but I would hope women would think more of themselves than that.

Yes! Don't they know it's much more dignified to trade their bodies for free drinks, dinners, movies, or other miscellaneous entertainment, and not cash?

Is there a point to this sarcasm?

A woman trading the sanctity of her body for anything--cash, drinks, dinners, or Netflix--is placing worth on something that is invaluable.

That's her business, not yours.

I could give the slightest damn whose choice it is. The children who come from this have no choice. I can't imagine those young ones being born into that kind of world. I was a product of a one night fling between my mom and pop. Mom ran away, never knew her, pop ran away and didn't come back until I was 16.

I was destined to a life of foster care until my grandmother came along.

Funny too, we all think it's her choice here, but when it comes to abortion... oh well. At least you're... consistent.

One night flings are entirely legal. Are you proposing to outlaw those? Do you want to make the government the enforcer of shotgun weddings?

I don't understand how a loserterian can demand that the government keep anything illegal? Government is from satan they scream on other threads.

Who's proposing to make anything illegal? Apparently you have misunderstood my posts.

I hope it stays illegal. There's something... disturbing... about women demeaning themselves and their bodies that way. Hey, their choice, but I would hope women would think more of themselves than that.

Yes! Don't they know it's much more dignified to trade their bodies for free drinks, dinners, movies, or other miscellaneous entertainment, and not cash?

A woman trading the sanctity of her body for anything--cash, drinks, dinners, or Netflix--is placing worth on something that is invaluable.

But isn't that her choice or is it ours?

A little of both. What of the children who come out of this? Aren't they just as invaluable as her body? Why should children be subjected to that kind of lifestyle? I wouldn't.

Why should they be subjected to being raised by uptight Christian fundamentalists?

My grandmother is a fundamentalist Christian too, are you saying she shouldn't have raised me? Hmm? Should I have lived a life bouncing from home to home, knowing no real parents or family?

I could give the slightest damn whose choice it is. The children who come from this have no choice.

Funny too, we all think it's her choice here, but when it comes to abortion... oh well. At least you're... consistent.
nobody dies when you humpa-ho

That's not necessarily accurate.

Where do the children go?
If you do it right, there are no children produced.
You do realize that you dont have to get pregnant every time you have sex right?

I do. But sometimes you buy shitty condoms. Then what? Who takes care of the child? The woman? Or the random guy she screwed two weeks ago for 200 bucks?

But isn't that her choice or is it ours?

A little of both. What of the children who come out of this? Aren't they just as invaluable as her body? Why should children be subjected to that kind of lifestyle? I wouldn't.

Why should they be subjected to being raised by uptight Christian fundamentalists?

My grandmother is a fundamentalist Christian too, are you saying she shouldn't have raised me? Hmm? Should I have lived a life bouncing from home to home, knowing no real parents or family?

You're the one who thinks the government should decide who should be allowed to have children.

It thrives by exploiting women and invites crime like trafficking. Even Germany is beset with human trafficking problems and is pushing back on legal prostitution.
Sorry, kid. WHy not just jerk off and get your johnsons out the old fashioned way?

So tell us; In Nevada, how is anything you have written correct?

I could give the slightest damn whose choice it is. The children who come from this have no choice. I can't imagine those young ones being born into that kind of world. I was a product of a one night fling between my mom and pop. Mom ran away, never knew her, pop ran away and didn't come back until I was 16.

One night flings are entirely legal. Are you proposing to outlaw those? Do you want to make the government the enforcer of shotgun weddings?

Yes. No and No. I'm not talking about "one night flings" being outlawed, I'm talking about prostitution.

You fail to consider the detriments should a child arise out of it. Oh well, at least she had fun at the Holiday Inn last night.

It seems we want government to intervene when it's suitable to our beliefs. I mean we want the government to enforce everything else. This thread shows just exactly how very inconsistent both sides are about the choices of a woman.

With prostitution you have crime such as Robbery, simple theft and others that occur to support prostitution.

With prostitution, you must generally have a increased drug problem.

With prostitution you have sexually transmitted diseases.

With prostitution you have violent crimes ( sexual assault - beatings - severe physical assaults ; and two men arguing and fighting whom is going to get the "Trick" ).

Prostitution = increased crime and problems that upset society's simple balance. Shadow 355

Not regulated in Nevada.

Yes. No and No. I'm not talking about "one night flings" being outlawed, I'm talking about prostitution.

You fail to consider the detriments should a child arise out of it. Oh well, at least she had fun at the Holiday Inn last night.

It seems we want government to intervene when it's suitable to our beliefs. I mean we want the government to enforce everything else. This thread shows just exactly how very inconsistent both sides are about the choices of a woman.
So two activities both have the same dire outcome, but you want to make one illegal and leave the other legal. That's not exactly consistent, do you suppose?

I believe that government should keep it's nose out of any exchange that is entirely voluntary.

I could give the slightest damn whose choice it is. The children who come from this have no choice.

You do realize that you dont have to get pregnant every time you have sex right?

I do. But sometimes you buy shitty condoms. Then what? Who takes care of the child? The woman? Or the random guy she screwed two weeks ago for 200 bucks?
better chance of them getting pregnant if its not regulated. Who takes care of the children now?

With prostitution you have crime such as Robbery, simple theft and others that occur to support prostitution.

With prostitution you have violent crimes ( sexual assault - beatings - severe physical assaults ; and two men arguing and fighting whom is going to get the "Trick" ).

Prostitution = increased crime and problems that upset society's simple balance. Shadow 355

Not regulated in Nevada.

Actually, it is. The girls have to get regular check ups from a doctor.

better chance of them getting pregnant if its not regulated. Who takes care of the children now?

The government. Whoops. What happens if her... income...isn't enough to support the child, then what? She can apply for welfare, and when that isnt enough, then what? Doom the child to a childhood of poverty? What happens then? The government gets involved. Regulated or not the government gets involved.

Last edited:

Not regulated in Nevada.

Actually, it is. The girls have to get regular check ups from a doctor.
Only the girls working in legal brothels have to get regular checkups.

If you want to make women vulnerable to abuse and rape then legalize prostitution. If you want to devalue and demean women, if you want to encourage sick bastards to purchase women's bodies then legalize prostitution. If instead you want to demonstrate to women that they are respected and equal in our society then prostitution would be unthinkable.

It's about choice. Women have a choice to work in legal sex work, they don't have a choice when it comes to their bodies.

Some Women also can't get birth control, which ironically is caused by the same guys that don't want to use a condom.

Forum List

Back