Why is prostitution illegal?

nobody dies when you humpa-ho

That's not necessarily accurate.

Where do the children go?
If you do it right, there are no children produced.
You do realize that you dont have to get pregnant every time you have sex right?

I do. But sometimes you buy shitty condoms. Then what? Who takes care of the child? The woman? Or the random guy she screwed two weeks ago for 200 bucks?
better chance of them getting pregnant if its not regulated. Who takes care of the children now?

The government. Whoops. What happens if her... income...isn't enough to support the child, then what? She can apply for welfare, and when that isnt enough, then what? Doom the child to a childhood of poverty? What happens then? The government gets involved. Regulated or not the government gets involved.

Prostitutes earn a hell of a lot more then secretaries. Why do you think they do it?

Obama bailing out banks and auto companies is a right winger?

wow!

Which was done BEFORE Obama became President. The Obama administration has been fining banks for doing wrong. If the previous administration had done this 2007-2008 economic crash wouldn't have happened.

Obama bailing out banks and auto companies is a right winger?

wow!

Which was done BEFORE Obama became President. The Obama administration has been fining banks for doing wrong. If the previous administration had done this 2007-2008 economic crash wouldn't have happened.
Wrong, actually, the GM bailout was Obama's handiwork. He also bailed out plenty of banks and Wall Street brokerages.

Prostitution is not theft or robbery, it is services paid for, like any other business. Why is it illegal then?

Also, with increased poverty, prostitution may help some economically.

If prostitution was legal, it could be regulated, pimps held at bay, and the exchange would be safer, even worthy of insurance policies.

So, why is this traditional industry still outlawed?
''Why is prostitution illegal?''

The short answer is, prostitution is illegal, because YOUR State has chosen it to be. It is legal in a few places in Nevada.

So two activities both have the same dire outcome, but you want to make one illegal and leave the other legal.

Consider this:

Scenario A (Abortion): Either it isn't her choice to abort an unborn child except in dire circumstances (life of the mother), so in order to prevent abortion and all the gory details, she should practice abstinence or take contraceptives.

Scenario B (Prostitution): Or a prostitute should be allowed to screw anyone she wants without regard of the potential negative consequences, which may possibly include aborting a possible pregnancy (and child) that results from the encounter.

Tell me, how would we reconcile those two positions?

Is it her choice or isn't it? Or should we consider the child in both circumstances?

Last edited:
I hope it stays illegal. There's something... disturbing... about women demeaning themselves and their bodies that way. Hey, their choice, but I would hope women would think more of themselves than that. That's why there are so many kids out there who don't know their mom or their dad because of some one night fling that got the woman pregnant, and that because she can't support him/her afterwards.

That's shameful. You, OP, don't understand the damage this does to society.

Wait, is this going to get me called a misogynist? Oh well. I can't help you if you think women should have the right to sell their bodies and expose themselves to all sorts of dangerous diseases and people.

With your attitude, Women would demean themselves going to bed with you.

I hope it stays illegal. There's something... disturbing... about women demeaning themselves and their bodies that way. Hey, their choice, but I would hope women would think more of themselves than that. That's why there are so many kids out there who don't know their mom or their dad because of some one night fling that got the woman pregnant, and that because she can't support him/her afterwards.

That's shameful. You, OP, don't understand the damage this does to society.

Wait, is this going to get me called a misogynist? Oh well. I can't help you if you think women should have the right to sell their bodies and expose themselves to all sorts of dangerous diseases and people.

With your attitude, Women would demean themselves going to bed with you.

That's cute. So you think it's okay for women to expose themselves to STDs then, oh it's her choice, right. Noted. Sure hope you aren't married.

I don't see anything wrong with legalizing the whoring game so long as they are licensed upon certification that they are disease free (catch the clap, lose the license) and that this minimal regulation is financed through a special purpose fee paid by the whores or brothels.

In addition, the price for the whores need to be sufficiently high so as to make it cost-prohibitive for the riffraff who tend to carry disease and use IV drugs.

I really have no problem with the moral aspect of whoring. It has existed for ages and ages. Besides, it will probably make for better marriages if the wife knows that the hubby will go to a whore if he is not kept satisfied.

The use of the word 'whore' says volumes abut you. I'm sure it's part of your regular vocabulary.

I'm no J Edgar Hoover but I'll take a stab at it and say it is illegal to keep money out of the hands of organized crime. I'll admit this thought of mine regarding the mob may stem from watching to many Robert Stack Untouchables episodes as a kid.

Forum List

Back