Why is there a lot of alcohol drinking in the Catholic church

What group is batshitstupid going to attack next. 5:2 it's not going to be rappers with cop hating lyrics or gang bangers shooting other gang bangers in our cities.

Not just social drinking but fall down drinking at catholic events

Take for instance the Catholic "wake", a dead stuffed body in full view and massive drinking with liquor bottles being passed around and people getting drunk, including their "priests"

I have been to other funerals of different religions but the catholics are a whole different story , never saw that at other funerals

and the boozing is not just at wakes either

Why do they do that?
I've never been to a wake where everyone was drunk.

The first miracle that Christ performed was at a wedding. It was a social faux pas to run out of wine, but those drunkin Jews slurped up the wine until it was gone. So Christ had to make more. Why do Jews drink so much?

Guano, stop wasting your time with hateful little jabs. They are of no effect.

It ids normal in a lot of cultures. You should see Korean wakes.

the jewish holiday of Purim it is customary to drink four glasses of wine during the service, + whatever at the reception.

Both Jewish and Japanese feature drinking whine during the weding service.
you mean passover , purim is a minor holiday

It ids normal in a lot of cultures. You should see Korean wakes.

the jewish holiday of Purim it is customary to drink four glasses of wine during the service, + whatever at the reception.

Both Jewish and Japanese feature drinking whine during the weding service.
you mean passover , purim is a minor holiday
Like everything you post, irrelevant. Passover doesn't have a lot of drinking. the topic at hand.

Purim is a celebration. People are happy.

The first miracle that Christ performed was at a wedding. It was a social faux pas to run out of wine, but those drunkin Jews slurped up the wine until it was gone. So Christ had to make more. Why do Jews drink so much?

Those drunken Jews? Did you really just say that? Are you telling me that you believe Jesus Christ turned the water into wine so that he could make drunk people MORE drunk? Do you realize what you are accusing Jesus Christ of by making such a claim? There is no mention in scripture of ANYONE getting drunk at the wedding Jesus attended. NOT ONE.

This Jewish man is asking some questions the rest of you "so called Christians" should have asked yourselves a long time ago. Why do the Catholics get drunk at weddings, wakes and any other opportunity they can use as an excuse to drink and get drunk? Many Catholics own bars and drinking establishments. Why? Because they are heathens. That's why.

Jews are probably the one people group I've noticed that do not drink to get drunk. Most of them have never had a drink of liquor in their life!
Ask Rosie. She knows.

Take for instance the Catholic "wake", a dead stuffed body in full view and massive drinking with liquor bottles being passed around and people getting drunk, including their "priests"

I have been to other funerals of different religions but the catholics are a whole different story , never saw that at other funerals

Why do they do that?

I was raised Catholic and I've never seen what you're describing.
Then you should be grateful to God you weren't raised in the "Catholic way." It's a tradition to get drunk at these gatherings. I saw it firsthand.

Those drunken Jews? Did you really just say that? Are you telling me that you believe Jesus Christ turned the water into wine so that he could make drunk people MORE drunk? Do you realize what you are accusing Jesus Christ of by making such a claim? There is no mention in scripture of ANYONE getting drunk at the wedding Jesus attended. NOT ONE.

This Jewish man is asking some questions the rest of you "so called Christians" should have asked yourselves a long time ago. Why do the Catholics get drunk at weddings, wakes and any other opportunity they can use as an excuse to drink and get drunk? Many Catholics own bars and drinking establishments. Why? Because they are heathens. That's why.

Jews are probably the one people group I've noticed that do not drink to get drunk. Most of them have never had a drink of liquor in their life!
Ask Rosie. She knows.

Someone drank all the host's wine....
It was a social disgrace to run out of wine at a wedding, so they really stock up. Those people were hammered. Christ's contribution gave them an extra 120 to 180 gallons. It was a party hardy wedding.
If Guno was an equal opportunity hater, he wouldn't mention one without the other. The remark I made was to draw attention to his discrimination against Catholics. I don't even have to be one to resent the slights he makes against my many Catholic friends. Not one of whom sits around on a messageboard bashing Jews. You missed the point.

Ask Rosie. She knows.

Your underwear is too tight

Why do they do that?
Because they are heathens!

Why do they do that?

Then you should be grateful to God you weren't raised in the "Catholic way." It's a tradition to get drunk at these gatherings. I saw it firsthand.

Bullshit. Could it possibly be the Italian in them, or the Irish in them, or the Greek in them that might contribute to their lack of sobriety at the festive event you saw? I have been to a lot of weddings, and never heard, "Oh no, here come the Catholics. Lock the liquor cabinet." Nor did I see drunkin Catholic passed out on the floor when I left.
For every drunken Catholic you see, I'll raise you 2 drunken WASPS, and a morphine addicted atheist....

I am surprised at you, Jere, for entertaining Guno's judgemental garbage.

Why do they do that?

Bullshit. Could it possibly be the Italian in them, or the Irish in them, or the Greek in them that might contribute to their lack of sobriety at the festive event you saw? I have been to a lot of weddings, and never heard, "Oh no, here come the Catholics. Lock the liquor cabinet." Nor did I see drunkin Catholic passed out on the floor when I left.
For every drunken Catholic you see, I'll raise you 2 drunken WASPS, and a morphine addicted atheist....

Jerry thinks Catholics are "evil." :D

Why do they do that?

I'm surprised to see you using filthy language. When did you decide it was alright to talk like that? Have you departed from your Christian faith?

Forum List

Back