Why is there a lot of alcohol drinking in the Catholic church

I feel sorry that Guno is so miserable and bitter this late in life. Why doesn't his belief in Communism and the Casrtos make him happy?

Not just social drinking but fall down drinking at catholic events

Take for instance the Catholic "wake", a dead stuffed body in full view and massive drinking with liquor bottles being passed around and people getting drunk, including their "priests"

I have been to other funerals of different religions but the catholics are a whole different story , never saw that at other funerals

and the boozing is not just at wakes either

Why do they do that?

I was raised Catholic and I've never seen what you're describing.
Then you should be grateful to God you weren't raised in the "Catholic way." It's a tradition to get drunk at these gatherings. I saw it firsthand.

Bullshit. Could it possibly be the Italian in them, or the Irish in them, or the Greek in them that might contribute to their lack of sobriety at the festive event you saw? I have been to a lot of weddings, and never heard, "Oh no, here come the Catholics. Lock the liquor cabinet." Nor did I see drunkin Catholic passed out on the floor when I left.
For every drunken Catholic you see, I'll raise you 2 drunken WASPS, and a morphine addicted atheist....

I am surprised at you, Jere, for entertaining Guno's judgemental garbage.

Jerry thinks Catholics are "evil." :D
I believe they are lost and Catholicism is evil. Next time do not assume to know what I "think!"

It's amazing what we'll argue about, isn't it? Sheesh!
Yes, when the truth comes out some folks would rather argue than to admit they are wrong.

I'd like to shake the hand of the Catholic that pissed in your Cheerios, you hate filled asshole
No Christian talks as you do. Your filthy mouth is evidence of your spiritual condition. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks..... If Jesus were here you'd be calling Him a hate filled blank. You are an enemy of Jesus Christ.

Take for instance the Catholic "wake", a dead stuffed body in full view and massive drinking with liquor bottles being passed around and people getting drunk, including their "priests"

I have been to other funerals of different religions but the catholics are a whole different story , never saw that at other funerals

Why do they do that?

Then you should be grateful to God you weren't raised in the "Catholic way." It's a tradition to get drunk at these gatherings. I saw it firsthand.

Bullshit. Could it possibly be the Italian in them, or the Irish in them, or the Greek in them that might contribute to their lack of sobriety at the festive event you saw? I have been to a lot of weddings, and never heard, "Oh no, here come the Catholics. Lock the liquor cabinet." Nor did I see drunkin Catholic passed out on the floor when I left.
For every drunken Catholic you see, I'll raise you 2 drunken WASPS, and a morphine addicted atheist....

I believe they are lost and Catholicism is evil. Next time do not assume to know what I "think!"

Ouchie! That's not very "Christian" of you. :)

Why do they do that?
Because they are heathens!

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Discern between Dogma and souls.
My husband's family are all Catholics, and kinder, more loving, Christ filled people you will never meet. Give Christ back His judgement robe and then consider repenting for daring to convict someone who Christ died to save. Dogma irritates you, not God.

God doesn't care what you eat, or drink, or wear. He cares only that we love one another.
Catholic doctrine is off the charts. Nevertheless, Catholics are some of the most wonderful people I know. Get to know some of those "heathens." There is a lesson waiting for you there.....

Last edited:
Yes, when the truth comes out some folks would rather argue than to admit they are wrong.

I'd like to shake the hand of the Catholic that pissed in your Cheerios, you hate filled asshole
No Christian talks as you do. Your filthy mouth is evidence of your spiritual condition. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks..... If Jesus were here you'd be calling Him a hate filled blank. You are an enemy of Jesus Christ.

Not wanting to be harsh, but when the disciples asked what John's fate would be, Christ told them to mind their own business. John's walk had nothing to do with them.
Unless you can see into the heart of a man, a lack of judging may be the best course to take.
Paul was an enemy of Christ.

No Christian hates as you do....got ya, faux Christian. But of course most fundies are fake. See how this works?

"Jeremiah" is nothing more than a faux Christian...one of Satan's disciples.

Sassy, same thing. Give Christ back His judgment robe.

I'm simply pointing out to Jeremiah what he/she is doing. I have few problems with how anyone wishes to worship or even if they do at all..but never attempt to judge me on how I choose to worship or what I believe in. There have been wars fought over that

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Very sad to see people who said they were Christians deny Jesus Christ on a public message board. Many are departing from the faith in order to join the anti-Christ Roman Catholic empire - even some evangelicals. If I was still a person who desired to please man (godless men and women) I could not preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
See Galatians 1:10

Very sad to see people who said they were Christians deny Jesus Christ on a public message board. Many are departing from the faith in order to join the anti-Christ Roman Catholic empire - even some evangelicals. If I was still a person who desired to please man (godless men and women) I could not preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Who is denying Christ? Stop making things up to suit your agenda

I love ya both enough to tell you that to the extent you judge others is the extent to which you will be judged. If a judgemental thought comes in one ear, send it right out the other. It will be beneficial to your souls later on.

Warring over dogma makes God sad.
Don't eat fish on Fri. to honor God and it is counted unto you as righteousness by God.
Eat fish on Fri. to honor God, and it is counted unto as righteous by God.
It's the heart that matters, not the fish.

Who is denying Christ? Stop making things up to suit your agenda

Don't bother. You're wasting your time on a holier-than-thou anti-Catholic loon. You would have better luck reaching a house plant. lol

I love ya both enough to tell you that to the extent you judge others is the extent to which you will be judged. If a judgemental thought comes in one ear, send it right out the other. It will be beneficial to your souls later on.

Warring over dogma makes God sad.
Don't eat fish on Fri. to honor God and it is counted unto you as righteousness by God.
Eat fish on Fri. to honor God, and it is counted unto as righteous by God.
It's the heart that matters.

You've missed the point of my comments. When you realize my intent then comment to me on "judgement"

Well most catholic wakes I have gone to are Irish
Irish are notorious as alcoholics. Certainly true in my family. Grandparents on both sides of the family, parents, aunts and uncles.

Why do they do that?

Who's Jerry? Oh, Jeremiah. He has a narrow view of who is and isn't a Christian.

Forum List

Back