Why is there a lot of alcohol drinking in the Catholic church

I'm just making conversation here, and contributing to the OP question. It is NOT my intent to attack anyone here who may see it differently.

Hells bells, I am already on my third drink and third shot. I spent hours in the yard today and I've earned my cocktails today. :lol:

You're Irish?;)

No, but I am presently drinking Irish whiskey. Iol. I am German, Iroquois, Polish, and, Serbian.

Gah!!! You're a mutt. My husband drinks Jameson..smooth stuff he says, I detest Scotch and most other hard liquors

A lot of the people in my area are mutts. Also, booze hounds. lol

In 2015 per capita alcohol consumption in Ireland was 10.93 litres of pure alcohol per person aged 15+ - See more at: How much do we drink? - Alcohol Action Ireland

That's about 2 and1/2 gallons a year. Spread out over 12 months, is that an excessive amount?
I don't know. I'm finding these articles but also doing chores. I haven't had time to read that one yet.

I need a mathematician. I have been mathematically challenged since birth.
If you drink 2 and 1/2 gallons a year, how many pints is that a month?

Hells bells, I am already on my third drink and third shot. I spent hours in the yard today and I've earned my cocktails today. :lol:

You're Irish?;)

No, but I am presently drinking Irish whiskey. Iol. I am German, Iroquois, Polish, and, Serbian.

Gah!!! You're a mutt. My husband drinks Jameson..smooth stuff he says, I detest Scotch and most other hard liquors

I'm pretty much an Irish thoroughbred, some Lithuanian in my family tree and they tell me some Russian but I don't know if that's true

In 2015 per capita alcohol consumption in Ireland was 10.93 litres of pure alcohol per person aged 15+ - See more at: How much do we drink? - Alcohol Action Ireland

That's about 2 and1/2 gallons a year. Spread out over 12 months, is that an excessive amount?
I don't know. I'm finding these articles but also doing chores. I haven't had time to read that one yet.

I need a mathematician. I have been mathematically challenged since birth.
If you drink 2 and 1/2 gallons a year, how many pints is that a month?

about 1 1/2 pints a month

You're Irish?;)

I'm pretty much an Irish thoroughbred, some Lithuanian in my family tree and they tell me some Russian but I don't know if that's true

Have you ever been to Ireland? I love it!

Each one of my grandparents broke with tradition and married outside of their nationalities. It apparently caused some conflict at first, but they got over it.

Dhara, sorry. Didn't mean to make light of your posts. Sassy and I were just poking fun at our heritage.

I'm just making conversation here, and contributing to the OP question. It is NOT my intent to attack anyone here who may see it differently.

I am not getting that vibe from your posts here at all. Cheers!

You're Irish?;)

Each one of my grandparents broke with tradition and married outside of their nationalities. It apparently caused some conflict at first, but they got over it.

Thought about buying a little house there.

There are alcoholics in every nationality. It is more prevalent in some because of the fact that there is a lot of POVERTY.

Thought about buying a little house there.

One house and one cabin in this country is good enough for me. lol

Forum List

Back