🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why is this Muslim Woman not charged with wearing and mocking the American Flag?

Ahmed was invited on Megyn Kelly’s nightly show to go toe-to-toe with Katrina Pierson, a spokeswoman for Donald Trump, about Trump's comments that he would consider shuttering mosques in the U.S. to combat radical extremism.

Who Is Saba Ahmed? Muslim Republican Wearing American Flag Hijab Spars With Trump Spokesperson On Fox News

Is there a law that says that you cannot do that? And, if there is, what about all those idiots that are flying torn and dirty American Flags from their pickups?

There is a right wing hero on TV that wears a flag as a sweat band on his head. The show is called Duckwads or something like that. They have beards like Talibanies or ISIStarians and live in Alasippisasiana or somewhere like that.

Ahmed was invited on Megyn Kelly’s nightly show to go toe-to-toe with Katrina Pierson, a spokeswoman for Donald Trump, about Trump's comments that he would consider shuttering mosques in the U.S. to combat radical extremism.

Who Is Saba Ahmed? Muslim Republican Wearing American Flag Hijab Spars With Trump Spokesperson On Fox News

Is there a law that says that you cannot do that? And, if there is, what about all those idiots that are flying torn and dirty American Flags from their pickups?

Are we only allowed to be offended by people who are breaking a specific law?

That's an interesting take...

There is a right wing hero on TV that wears a flag as a sweat band on his head. The show is called Duckwads or something like that. They have beards like Talibanies or ISIStarians and live in Alasippisasiana or somewhere like that.
however he isn't Taliban, and doesn't wear the symbol specifically to disrespect it.

however he isn't Taliban, and doesn't wear the symbol specifically to disrespect it.

LOL.. it is called Duck Dynasty..and it is a scarf around his his, with the symbol of the flag on it, not a flag itself..Like the flags that cover our soldiers dead bodies after they are killed in combat for our freedom.

Yes, I find that rude as well, wearing the symbol is fine just not the flag itself.
Not sure if your around my age but growing up and learning how to take it down at night and fold it was teaching respect..Not for a piece of cloth but what our past and present people died for .

There is no law against wearing or mocking or even shitting on the American Flag for that matter. Freedom of speech in the Country that invented freedom of speech trumps outrage over desecration of the Flag. Freedom of speech, however, authorizes other citizens to ridicule the idiots who desecrate the Flag and ostracize them from society.

This started in the 1960's by the same fuck heads who spit on the men coming home from fighting in the Vietnam war.

Intent? So you approve of hate crime laws then.

There is no law against wearing or mocking or even shitting on the American Flag for that matter. Freedom of speech in the Country that invented freedom of speech trumps outrage over desecration of the Flag. Freedom of speech, however, authorizes other citizens to ridicule the idiots who desecrate the Flag and ostracize them from society.

This started in the 1960's by the same fuck heads who spit on the men coming home from fighting in the Vietnam war.
Can you name some of them?

Can you name some of them?

Chicago's welcome home to Vietnam veterans

Podlaski is one of the lucky soldiers who made it out. He was finally able to take a deep breath and return to the country he served.

But he returned to protests and flag burning, aimed not just at the government for its involvement in the war, but at him too.

~~~~

Here is a page on google book talking about it.
On the Scent of a Mandarin Moon

~~~~~

Federal Flag Desecration Law (1968):

In 1968, Congress passed the Federal Flag Desecration Law in response to a Central Park event in which peace activists burned American flags in protest against the Vietnam War.

The law banned any display of "contempt" directed against the flag, but did not address the other issues dealt with by state flag desecration laws.

Supreme Court Rules That Verbal Disparagement of Flag is Protected Speech (1969):

Civil rights activist Sydney Street, who had burned a flag at a New York intersection in protest against the shooting of civil rights activist James Meredith, was prosecuted under New York's desecration law for "defy(ing)" the flag.

Supreme Court Rules Against Laws Banning "Contempt" of Flag (1972):

After a Massachusetts teenager was arrested for wearing a flag patch on the seat of his pants, the Supreme Court ruled that laws vaguely banning "contempt" of the flag are unconstitutionally vague and violate the First Amendment's free speech protections.

The History of Anti-Flag Burning Laws In the U.S.

~~~~

Born on the Fourth of July is a 1989 film about Ron Kovic, who after being paralyzed in the Vietnam war and feeling betrayed by the country he fought for, becomes an anti-war and pro-human rights political activist.

Born on the Fourth of July (film) - Wikiquote

There are jerks burning flags in Oliver Stones movie.

First amendment?

you know these republicans don't believe in the first amendment... its and illusion to them... didn't you know, there's only one amendment the second amendment ...

Haaa , I am a democrat who watched men coming home from Vietnam spit on, and with the change of the law where shitheads like you think its ok to burn our flags.
Again , I am just talking about a flag itself where it covered millions of soldiers who came home dead in their caskets so you can burn it.

Many things are ok by law now a days.. It is called Morals and Ethics.......to not disrespect all of those who lost their life's for our freedom.

Last edited:
Let's see now...disrespect for flag, or freedom of speech?

Politicians have often coopted the flag, and used it to further their agenda, especially in Vietnam, where LBJ and Nixon managed to kill 47,000 Americans of my generation, for no particular reason other than their not wanting to go down in history has having lost our first war. The "hardhats" decided that THEY owned the flag, and so did the government that prosecuted this senseless war.

I have never disrespected the flag. In fact, I respect it more than they veteran across the street, who leaves it flying all night, without a spotlight, in violation of the flag code. However, the flag is, in itself, nothing but a patch of cloth. The Constitution, and Bill of Rights, however, is the foundation of America. If this country were to repeal freedom of speech, including freedom to say and do unpopular things, then this country is on the road to tyranny. Under those circumstances, I could see myself with a Bic lighter.

Oh, and as for the spitting on returning vets, that has never been documented by any independent sources, other than individuals. It was never photographed, or even witnessed by the press on a first person basis. If it happened, it was probably in San Francisco. I never saw it, and never met anyone who saw it. And, Eaglewings, in spite of your post saying that you saw it, I flat out don't believe it.

Spitting on returning Vietnam vets - snopes.com

Politicians have often coopted the flag, and used it to further their agenda, especially in Vietnam, where LBJ and Nixon managed to kill 47,000 Americans of my generation, for no particular reason other than their not wanting to go down in history has having lost our first war. The "hardhats" decided that THEY owned the flag, and so did the government that prosecuted this senseless war.

I have never disrespected the flag. In fact, I respect it more than they veteran across the street, who leaves it flying all night, without a spotlight, in violation of the flag code. However, the flag is, in itself, nothing but a patch of cloth. The Constitution, and Bill of Rights, however, is the foundation of America. If this country were to repeal freedom of speech, including freedom to say and do unpopular things, then this country is on the road to tyranny. Under those circumstances, I could see myself with a Bic lighter.

Oh, and as for the spitting on returning vets, that has never been documented by any independent sources, other than individuals. It was never photographed, or even witnessed by the press on a first person basis. If it happened, it was probably in San Francisco. I never saw it, and never met anyone who saw it. And, Eaglewings, in spite of your post saying that you saw it, I flat out don't believe it.

Lol.

True to your anti-American pig roots to the end.

Lol.

Sorry, KG. I know that you and the rest of the Right sincerely want to run the constitution through the shredder, but even Trump can't do that.

Lol.

Sorry, KG. I know that you and the rest of the Right sincerely want to run the constitution through the shredder, but even Trump can't do that.
Fuck off, traitor.

Are we only allowed to be offended by people who are breaking a specific law?

What y'all are doing here is being offended by a specific group of people who aren't breaking any law and ignoring or even idolizing other groups that do the same thing.

Why is that?

Forum List

Back