Why is union greed bad, but CEO greed is OK?

American free enterprise made us the world's number one economy. You got something that's better than Number One we'd love to hear it.

If you're offering Failed Redistribution and collective economics, know that it comes with a 100% Guaranteed Fail

Moreover, why should anyone listen to the mindless econiomic rantings from people who don't even know what a CEO does?

Hey Frank, what does what you wrote have to do with CEO's making less and the worker making more? You know, like it used to be when we REALLY were the number one economy in the world both in production and consumption.

We don't need a "new" system. But we do need to realign the current system more to the side of the worker. What would be wrong with that?

Cant help but ask. We are seeing a LOT of companies moving to the South, due to our vast right to work labor practices. So, yes, we see those jobs coming, and they are paying a fair bit less than they would if located in union states. And that's fine.

What I don't get is how those same companies make the move to a right to work state, and they do better financially- that's true. BUT, does that result in lower prices for the consumer? Nope. It results in higher pay for the CEO and board member types.

So, its bad for union members to be greedy and want more pay. And the right demonizes them. Fair enough. Greed is a deadly sin.

Then why doesn't the right also crucify all the greedy CEO's of the world who shrewdly try to drain every dollar they can out of their employer, just like unions?

Seems greed is greed....regardless of one's place on the totem pole.

Greed is bad, but at least union greed benefits many. CEO greed benefits one.

American free enterprise made us the world's number one economy. You got something that's better than Number One we'd love to hear it.

If you're offering Failed Redistribution and collective economics, know that it comes with a 100% Guaranteed Fail

Moreover, why should anyone listen to the mindless econiomic rantings from people who don't even know what a CEO does?

Hey Frank, what does what you wrote have to do with CEO's making less and the worker making more? You know, like it used to be when we REALLY were the number one economy in the world both in production and consumption.

We don't need a "new" system. But we do need to realign the current system more to the side of the worker. What would be wrong with that?

It's amazing how CEO pay went from 20X the average worker in the 60's to over 300X the average worker now. And they are doing the same job. Meanwhile wages are stagnant for the middle class and our economy is weak.

Cant help but ask. We are seeing a LOT of companies moving to the South, due to our vast right to work labor practices. So, yes, we see those jobs coming, and they are paying a fair bit less than they would if located in union states. And that's fine.

What I don't get is how those same companies make the move to a right to work state, and they do better financially- that's true. BUT, does that result in lower prices for the consumer? Nope. It results in higher pay for the CEO and board member types.

So, its bad for union members to be greedy and want more pay. And the right demonizes them. Fair enough. Greed is a deadly sin.

Then why doesn't the right also crucify all the greedy CEO's of the world who shrewdly try to drain every dollar they can out of their employer, just like unions?

Bucs, that is such an easy question I can't believe that one of the ignorant fucked up right wingers on here didn't give you a real answer.

Our factory labor force is primarily middle class people who only deserve what their betters will dole out to them. ( I learned that on here)

You might ask who their "betters" are. Well that would be those CEO types.

And we know how these fucked up right wingers on here are. They LOVE them some CEO types. Cause they have more money than the fucked up right wingers on here.

And these fucked up right wingers on here WORSHIP people with a lot more money than them.

And that is why unions are bad and Boards of Directors filled with the friends of the CEO's are good. Cause it gets the CEO more and without a union, the workers take what they can get without having any "friends" to help with the "negotiations".

This is along the lines of the oil fight. Drill baby drill has been happening (we produce a lot of oil) but somehow that additional production just doesn't do a damn thing to lower gas prices. And the fucked up right wingers go drill baby drill. Just so them oil companies can make more more more.

Typical right winger bull shit. Kiss the ass of the people who have more money than them. And spit on the people who have less. And fuck the people who are in the middle.

The Leftist Mindless Collective are the ones who feel trapped and can never do better for themselves. They only get the ideas the masters feed into the collective, how can they do better on their own? Education? Training? Inspiration? Genius? all dead and alien concepts to the Prog Drone

They rail against the World Number One economic System not because they can do better, but because that's their marching orders

Our last true conservative government was in the 1920's and they were the Roaring 20's for a good reason. They started off worse that the FDR Depression and at the end of Coolidge's Second term you could not find an unemployed person in the entire USA. That's what worked and that what works. Conservatism, lettign the economy work gives us the greatest prosperity; Liberalism gives us Detroit

Frank, are you a CEO of a substantial corporation? No, I didn't think so. So why you rooting against yourself. Or don't you even have a job? Ever had a job? But I would bet my good money that you have never ever in your life been a rich CEO. Never ever.

But you got hope eh? And envy?

When a BOD is negotiating with a CEO over compensation they are playing with their own money.

That is almost universally false for public corporations in America. Very few large shareholders are on boards of publicly traded companies in this country. The people on boards own very little stock. And the stock they own is often granted as options when they join the board.

Sallow is correct. Often, the directors are nominated to the board at the behest of the CEO.

The OP is a fair question. Though it's gotten better in recent years, corporate governance in this country is not good. Corporations are legal constructs with articles of incorporation and bylaws proscribed by state and national law. Likewise, unions are legal constructs with collective bargaining rights proscribed by state and national law.

It's amazing how CEO pay went from 20X the average worker in the 60's to over 300X
the average worker now. And they are doing the same job. Meanwhile wages are stagnant for the middle class and our economy is weak.

No, what is AMAZING is how us middle class people have stood by and let this happen.
Amazing that the Republicans continue to preach how rising CEO pay good, stagnant middle class pay what we deserve. Amazing that a certain portion of the middle class believe that bullshit.

But you are correct. Lots of amazement to be had out there.

I would love for some of you to fill in for a CEO for about a month and see how "easy" it is.

It's really sad many cannot feel confident enough, as well as reasonable enough to be able to negotiate for themselves. If you add value to a company they will pay you that value. Did you also realize that a person making $15 an hr, that employer is paying an additional 30%, and more, depending on whether they include a 401k, etc., per hour?

A CEO's compensation package is determined by the Board of Directors, and is based on their perceived value to the company.

If they don't like it, they can explore other options.

That goes for pretty much anyone else.

More often than not, that "board of directors" was placed there by the CEO.

Additionally?

In the companies I have worked for, most CEOs don't add much value.

I will say that possibly Dick Grasso was an exception to that rule, in retrospect.

You're right. Most CEO's are uppity pricks who wouldn't have a clue to actually produce the company's product. They're paper pushers who are good with numbers
In many cases?

They aren't even that.

The CEO/worker concept is Failed Marxist thought. CEOs make what the Board thinks they should make and unlike in your Marxist Nations "Workers" are not trapped and helpless little drones who HAVE to do whatever the State Demands

I feel sorry for you. You're going to have a crappy, little life if you keep listening to the Progs

Last edited:
I would love for some of you to fill in for a CEO for about a month and see how "easy" it is.

It's really sad many cannot feel confident enough, as well as reasonable enough to be able to negotiate for themselves. If you add value to a company they will pay you that value. Did you also realize that a person making $15 an hr, that employer is paying an additional 30%, and more, depending on whether they include a 401k, etc., per hour?

Sure.

But circumstance keeps me from that.

I wasn't born wealthy. I didn't get into the "Old Boys" clubs. And I am not ruthless.

It's amazing how CEO pay went from 20X the average worker in the 60's to over 300X
the average worker now. And they are doing the same job. Meanwhile wages are stagnant for the middle class and our economy is weak.

No, what is AMAZING is how us middle class people have stood by and let this happen.
Amazing that the Republicans continue to preach how rising CEO pay good, stagnant middle class pay what we deserve. Amazing that a certain portion of the middle class believe that bullshit.

And so many of these large corporations with high paid CEO's are paying so little that employees are collecting welfare. This is increasing the size of government that the right claims to be against. But they still cheerlead for these CEO's any chance they can get. They just love corporate welfare.

The CEO/worker concept is Failed Marxist thought. CEOs make what the Board thinks they should make and unlike in your Marxist Nations "Workers" are not trapped and helpless littel drones who HAVE to do whatever the State Demands

I feel sorry for you. You're going to have a crappy, little life of you keep listening to the Progs

They sure aren't paying CEO's based on what they could get somebody to do the job for. I've worked with a lot of competent, educated, and qualified people who would run these companies for far less. Yet the board pays them grossly high wages. Seems the game is rigged.

You're talking to people who don't know what a CEO does.

Note how the servants rush in to defend their MASTERS?

One wonders if these people ever had to work for a living or if their defence of these selfish pricks IS their jobs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bucs, that is such an easy question I can't believe that one of the ignorant fucked up right wingers on here didn't give you a real answer.

Our factory labor force is primarily middle class people who only deserve what their betters will dole out to them. ( I learned that on here)

You might ask who their "betters" are. Well that would be those CEO types.

And we know how these fucked up right wingers on here are. They LOVE them some CEO types. Cause they have more money than the fucked up right wingers on here.

And these fucked up right wingers on here WORSHIP people with a lot more money than them.

And that is why unions are bad and Boards of Directors filled with the friends of the CEO's are good. Cause it gets the CEO more and without a union, the workers take what they can get without having any "friends" to help with the "negotiations".

This is along the lines of the oil fight. Drill baby drill has been happening (we produce a lot of oil) but somehow that additional production just doesn't do a damn thing to lower gas prices. And the fucked up right wingers go drill baby drill. Just so them oil companies can make more more more.

Typical right winger bull shit. Kiss the ass of the people who have more money than them. And spit on the people who have less. And fuck the people who are in the middle.

The Leftist Mindless Collective are the ones who feel trapped and can never do better for themselves. They only get the ideas the masters feed into the collective, how can they do better on their own? Education? Training? Inspiration? Genius? all dead and alien concepts to the Prog Drone

They rail against the World Number One economic System not because they can do better, but because that's their marching orders

Our last true conservative government was in the 1920's and they were the Roaring 20's for a good reason. They started off worse that the FDR Depression and at the end of Coolidge's Second term you could not find an unemployed person in the entire USA. That's what worked and that what works. Conservatism, lettign the economy work gives us the greatest prosperity; Liberalism gives us Detroit

Frank, are you a CEO of a substantial corporation? No, I didn't think so. So why you rooting against yourself. Or don't you even have a job? Ever had a job? But I would bet my good money that you have never ever in your life been a rich CEO. Never ever.

But you got hope eh? And envy?

You'd lose, that's one of the stupidest bets ever.

I don't want to be a CEO. You have a very strange "CEO or Worker Drone" idea about our world and I'm not even sure where it came from.

I worked for one of the greatest CEO's on the planet from 1980-1992. I was the first analyst he hired. He started with an idea borrowed $50K and he's been on Forbes 400 list the for at least the past 10 years. His partner in Florida was on the list and he might be there again.

Seriously, stop listening to losers like Bucs90, it won't do you any good

The CEO/worker concept is Failed Marxist thought. CEOs make what the Board thinks they should make and unlike in your Marxist Nations "Workers" are not trapped and helpless littel drones who HAVE to do whatever the State Demands

I feel sorry for you. You're going to have a crappy, little life of you keep listening to the Progs

They sure aren't paying CEO's based on what they could get somebody to do the job for. I've worked with a lot of competent, educated, and qualified people who would run these companies for far less. Yet the board pays them grossly high wages. Seems the game is rigged.

Right, only the Government should determine what people should make. That system has such a glorious track record.

Right, only the Government should determine what people should make. That system has such a glorious track record.

I didn't suggest the government should determine it. I suggested that in the private sector there are many people who could and would do it for much cheaper. The game is rigged.

Last edited:

I didn't suggest the government should determine it. I suggested that in the private sector there are many people would could and would do it for much cheaper. The game is rigged.

Why are you so helpless? Who is forcing you to take any job?

Who is it that says stagnant middle class economic conditions are "what we deserve?" That's the part I'm lost on.

Here I thought the Republicans were claiming to have a better solution to get everybody making more money, not a stated desire to fuck the little guy.

Why is it that we can't concede that, generally, both sides want what they believe is best for everyone? Why do we have to pretend the other side has ill intentions to validate our own arguments? Is our entire culture -that- fucking intellectually insecure?

Your theory about the economics of automobile production is pure horseshit. The reason Unionized auto plants are being shut down is the fact that they can't produce a car that will compete in terms of price and quality of automobiles produced in non-unionized plants.

The reason unions are bad is the fact that a union is little more than a gang of thugs. Unions obtain their extraordinary wages and benefits by using force. CEO pay is the result of a purely voluntary transaction.

Liberal propagandists want people to look only at surface appearances and ignore the underlying fundamental realities. That's the only way they con put their fascist agenda over on the public.

Forum List

Back