Why is union greed bad, but CEO greed is OK?

Well by God this has been fun, but my CEO (me) is telling the worker (me) that it is time to get off my lazy ass, quit wasting time and go to work.

And me and the CEO make exactly the same amount and get along great.

Later ya'll.

$%28KGrHqMOKpYFG-CGJbR+BR1LkZKzqg~~60_35.JPG

so ... You're saying that people who work for a living are all Russians?

Or, just what is it you're trying to say?

He's being funny.

You made one of those dogmatic posts about how all wealth generates from the laborers and everybody with wealth owes it to the proletariat, because those guys pulling levers are the ones who -really- create it (LOL!)

Mac responded by finding a silly way of calling you a commie.

Nothing to do with Russians, just the fact that you're spouting Marxist foolishness.

What does that have to do with crony capitalism?

You can just admit defeat

Your the one who went off topic. Your naive if you think there aren't people who could do the job for much less.

Why is making the rich richer more important to you than smaller government?

If they only wanted to hire people who would do the job for less they'd hire a high school dropout. Hiring a dropout as CEO....yeah that'll work

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

Your the one who went off topic. Your naive if you think there aren't people who could do the job for much less.

If they only wanted to hire people who would do the job for less they'd hire a high school dropout. Hiring a dropout as CEO....yeah that'll work

So you are naive.

So you are naive.

So what is it you're getting at? Are these companies intentionally paying CEO's more than they're worth just as an excuse to give less money to the middle class?

Seems to me that most businesses are in business to profit. If the owner(s) of a business felt they could get the same quality of performance out of someone who demands less compensation, wouldn't those greedy profiteering business owner fat-cat robber barons (if I missed any fuck-the-rich adjectives, feel free to insert them for yourselves) LEAP at the opportunity to underpay yet another of their underlings?

Or is giving extra money to incompetent managers some new religious movement among billionaires?

I don't mind you believing someone to be evil, but holy shit at least try to assume they've got realistic motives.

Last edited:

So you are naive.

So what is it you're getting at? Are these companies intentionally paying CEO's more than they're worth just as an excuse to give less money to the middle class?

Seems to me that most businesses are in business to profit. If the owner(s) of a business felt they could get the same quality of performance out of someone who demands less compensation, wouldn't those greedy profiteering business owner fat-cat robber barons (if I missed any fuck-the-rich adjectives, feel free to insert them for yourselves) LEAP at the opportunity to underpay yet another of their underlings?

Or is giving extra money to incompetent managers some new religious movement among billionaires?

I don't mind you believing someone to be evil, but holy shit at least try to assume they've got realistic motives.

That is what they should do, that is how you know it is rigged. Who is this owner for public companies? CEO is the owner for many private companies. Or relative of owner.

Most if not all CEO are over paid I think most would agree as for why the right vilifies the union but not the CEO the answer is the same for the question why does the left vilify the CEO but not the union political ideology.

Its the workers who run the country. They're the ones who support the 1%. The workers must do very hard work, work long hours and often must live in poverty. Women and children especially live below the poverty line even though the mother works a full time job.

Without the workers, there would be no wealthy to be greedy for the money the workers earn for them.

You must be describing Venezuela or something because that sure isn't America. That's a Marxist's view of America written by someone who never met a worker in his life.

Thomas Sowell discusses this somewhere. What he says is interesting. If you look at closely held corporations--Hobby Lobby might be an example, where they hire an outside CEO, those CEOs make MORE money than CEOs of large publicly traded companies. It isnt they couldnt find someone to do the job for less. It's that the superior ability of someone who commands a higher salary is worth it for the profits they bring the company.

Thomas Sowell discusses this somewhere. What he says is interesting. If you look at closely held corporations--Hobby Lobby might be an example, where they hire an outside CEO, those CEOs make MORE money than CEOs of large publicly traded companies. It isnt they couldnt find someone to do the job for less. It's that the superior ability of someone who commands a higher salary is worth it for the profits they bring the company.

The founder of hobby lobby is the ceo.

So you are naive.

It's not evil at all, only naturalistic. Your admission of class warfare (rich v poor, management v labor, etc) is a fact of life.

You really, truly don't understand?

Or are you just being obtuse?

And I'm fascinated by this "people who work for a living" thing. Part of the ignorance and/or naivete of people who think this way, I guess, is that people who have worked hard and sacrificed to become "successful" (whatever that may be) don't actually "work for a living". Whatever makes you folks "feel" better, I guess.

:rolleyes:

Yes, thanks Capt obvious.

We hired a guy with no experience as CEO of the USA look at how that worked out

Yes, thanks Capt obvious.

Yes and that makes everything you wrote quite pointless.

Cant help but ask. We are seeing a LOT of companies moving to the South, due to our vast right to work labor practices. So, yes, we see those jobs coming, and they are paying a fair bit less than they would if located in union states. And that's fine.

What I don't get is how those same companies make the move to a right to work state, and they do better financially- that's true. BUT, does that result in lower prices for the consumer? Nope. It results in higher pay for the CEO and board member types.

So, its bad for union members to be greedy and want more pay. And the right demonizes them. Fair enough. Greed is a deadly sin.

Then why doesn't the right also crucify all the greedy CEO's of the world who shrewdly try to drain every dollar they can out of their employer, just like unions?

Seems greed is greed....regardless of one's place on the totem pole.

Worse, the people in the right to work states are doing a crappy job, at least for Boeing and then Boeing up here has to fix the problems they made. Meanwhile, the CEOs blame the cost overruns on the unions. Doesn't matter how often the unions point out that if the jobs were done here, they'd have been done right the first time, the cost overruns are because they had to go looking for work outside of the unions as the union charges too much for labor.

You really, truly don't understand?

Or are you just being obtuse?

And I'm fascinated by this "people who work for a living" thing. Part of the ignorance and/or naivete of people who think this way, I guess, is that people who have worked hard and sacrificed to become "successful" (whatever that may be) don't actually "work for a living". Whatever makes you folks "feel" better, I guess.

:rolleyes:

What some just don't get is those that become successful, mord often than not, have risked everything and lost more than once before the winning formula was found. Henry Ford lost everything 5 times. Dyson Vacuum? Ittook hi m 4000 tries bfore he succeeded. Honda? Turned down for a job with Toyota. Started working out of his family's garage, spurred on by friends and neighbors. Michael Jordan? Cut from his high school basketball team. They all have something in common: they never gave up. They allowed themselves to come back stronger after their failures and learned from them. To say that those that make it to the top didn't work to get ther or that it doesn't take skill a d bard work to stay there? They have no idea. They also will never succeeded above what someone else allows them, such as a union, because they won't stand on their own two feet and take the risks it demands to do it on their own. KFC, Sanders? His recipe was rejected 1009 times!

Forum List

Back