Why it's important to have guns at home

Statistically, having a gun in the home make you more likely to be a victim of a gun crime and/or shot with your own gun.

Here's to hoping you have a firearm.

Anyone who lives his life "statistically" doesn't know how to think for himself.

How true, and the anti gun zealots sure love those statistics as long as they support their own agenda. However, when they are confronted by statistics showing the opposite they conclude the study was flawed or backed by the NRA.:cuckoo: As M-14 says they can really only base their arguments on emotion.

90% of statistical studies are completely wrong...According to some shit I just made up.

Emotion?

Gun deaths to surpass traffic fatalities by 2015, data indicate | Nation & World | The Seattle Times

ATLANTA — By 2015, firearm fatalities probably will exceed traffic fatalities for the first time, based on data compiled by Bloomberg. While motor-vehicle deaths dropped 22 percent from 2005 to 2010, gun fatalities are rising again after a low point in 2000, according to the Atlanta-based Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Shooting deaths in 2015 probably will rise to almost 33,000, and those related to autos will decline to about 32,000, based on the 10-year average trend.

The fall in traffic deaths resulted from safer vehicles, restricted privileges for young drivers and seat-belt and other laws, said Garen Wintemute, director of the Violence Prevention Research Program at the University of California, Davis.

By contrast, “we’ve made policy decisions that have had the impact of making the widest array of firearms available to the widest array of people under the widest array of conditions.” While fewer households have guns, people who own guns are buying more of them, he said.

Emotion?

Gun deaths to surpass traffic fatalities by 2015, data indicate | Nation & World | The Seattle Times

ATLANTA — By 2015, firearm fatalities probably will exceed traffic fatalities for the first time, based on data compiled by Bloomberg. While motor-vehicle deaths dropped 22 percent from 2005 to 2010, gun fatalities are rising again after a low point in 2000, according to the Atlanta-based Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Shooting deaths in 2015 probably will rise to almost 33,000, and those related to autos will decline to about 32,000, based on the 10-year average trend.

The fall in traffic deaths resulted from safer vehicles, restricted privileges for young drivers and seat-belt and other laws, said Garen Wintemute, director of the Violence Prevention Research Program at the University of California, Davis.

By contrast, “we’ve made policy decisions that have had the impact of making the widest array of firearms available to the widest array of people under the widest array of conditions.” While fewer households have guns, people who own guns are buying more of them, he said.
One of these days, you will post something substantive and meaningful.
Today is not that day.
Thank you for helping prove that anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and.or dishonesty.

Yep...if guns keep you safe, we should have the safest nation on earth. Instead, we have one of the most murderous.

Somehow the gun nuts are immune from looking at easily accessible statistics.

I watched it. It is very frustrating to see her caught unprepared like that. First, Mike, if she wasn't comfortable with a gun, this would have done the job:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dazzler_(weapon)

Second, there are alarm systems available for as little as 99 dollars to install it and a monthly fee of under a hundred dollars I believe - and it automatically brings the police to your home - there is also video surveillance you can wire and mount camouflaged on your property - especially if it is large - they won't even know where the cameras are to disable them - there is also an inexpension alarm system ( they have more elaborate ones also ) that wire your ground so that when someone drives onto your property, driveway or walks on it - bells will go off inside your house - you will know well in advance that someone is coming for a visit. I've got it and it's great.

3rd - How much is the protection of you and your family worth? That is something everyone needs to consider and then do what is necessary to ensure the woman in the video does not become you.

4th - if you are not going to own a gun or a weapon that can knock them out at least buy a dog and have him trained for defense. Bounty Hunters use dogs and can probably point people in the right direction for best training, etc.

5th - There are excellent self defense courses ( best one out there is done by an Israeli outfit ) available to women and men. It isn't an option not to know how to defend yourself these days. You owe it to your family to be prepared.

- Jeri

I think a dog gives security as well (number 4 on your list) especially a Pit Bull, German Shepard, Doberman, etc.

Plus they give great companionship.

We have dog on the first floor who make great alarm systems.

We also have firearms

I thnk we have a good mult layer defensive system.

I'm sure a German Shepard would have made him choose a different house. Most protective dogs I've ever known. Sometimes too protective.

Yep...if guns keep you safe, we should have the safest nation on earth. Instead, we have one of the most murderous.
Somehow the gun nuts are immune from looking at easily accessible statistics.
More proof that anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

Forum List

Back