Why labor unions can't win

Unions accomplished a lot for auto workers over history. When foreign auto manufacturers came into the US to set up shop, they went to places like Tennessee, South Carolina, Alabama. Japanese, German, automakers alike chose the heart of the South over Detroit.

Record corporate profits still aren't trickling down, so Teabaggers blame union workers.

"Lemme guess. You never worked for a company. Amiright?"

Yes I did. Then I started my own.

Couldn't keep a job.
Good companies cultivate employees, knowing that new hires are expensive and uncertain. Of course employees top out in their skills at some point. A machinist can only be so productive, etc.
But libs look on businesses as some kind of charity and hiring as some kind of hand out. The truth is it is a 2 way street, the employee trading his time and labor for wages and benefits. If it doesnt work for either party, then the relationship should end.

Couldn't keep a job.
Good companies cultivate employees, knowing that new hires are expensive and uncertain. Of course employees top out in their skills at some point. A machinist can only be so productive, etc.
But libs look on businesses as some kind of charity and hiring as some kind of hand out. The truth is it is a 2 way street, the employee trading his time and labor for wages and benefits. If it doesnt work for either party, then the relationship should end.
And when the companies send all the jobs to China to avoid paying a living wage to employees? What then?

Workers realize the unions only support Democraps with union dues.

Union leaders throw lavish parties for themselves with those union dues.

Unions many times shut down work for the workers over new contracts costing the workers paychecks in the end.

Unions are nothing but carpetbagger leaches that go from company to company stealing from the company and the workers.

Initforme, higher wages equal higher prod. You can't be serious. I guess that really worked good for us auto companies.

So many here fall into the trap that money is the only consideration in everyone's life. Doesn't everyone here know someone who works for less because they like their job and are happy. How many keep a job because they have a boss who is flexible about hours.

Liberals want to bleach the humanity out of every persons life, turning them into lockstep unions or mindless pawns of victimization and class warfare.

I have no problem with unions and unionism.

1. Covered by freedom of assembly in the Constitution

2. They serve as part of the checks and balances necessary in a market economy

3. If any object to public employee unions, take it up with the corrupt politicians who sign away the public fisc.

Private sector unions are fine if the workers want them. Public sector unions should be illegal.

Unions fuck up every industry they touch driving up costs within that industry to maintain their leach lifeline.

Now unions are making a move at unionizing college football and basketball players to be "paid" as if getting a $40,000-$200,000 college education for 4 years, medical coverage, food, housing, etc isn't getting paid to play a sport on campus many couldn't get into if not an athlete.

The unions want a piece of these "male" athletes' paychecks to line their own pockets, but in the end if this is approved by some liberal piece of shit judge....the entire college football and basketball system will collapse because universities using football and basketball revenue to run their athletic department for men and WOMEN sports can't afford millions funneled to a bunch of male jocks playing football and basketball.

The unions don't give a shit about the women's soccer team....

Couldn't keep a job.
And when the companies send all the jobs to China to avoid paying a living wage to employees? What then?

Then it proves the employees were being over paid.
Next?

I have no problem with unions and unionism.

1. Covered by freedom of assembly in the Constitution

2. They serve as part of the checks and balances necessary in a market economy

3. If any object to public employee unions, take it up with the corrupt politicians who sign away the public fisc.

Private sector unions are fine if the workers want them. Public sector unions should be illegal.

Excerpt of a letter sent to Luther C. Steward, President of the National Federation of Federal Employees, of August 16, 1937.

My dear Mr. Steward:

As I am unable to accept your kind invitation to be present on the occasion of the Twentieth Jubilee Convention of the National Federation of Federal Employees, I am taking this method of sending greetings and a message.
Reading your letter of July 14, 1937, I was especially interested in the timeliness of your remark that the manner in which the activities of your organization have been carried on during the past two decades "has been in complete consonance with the best traditions of public employee relationships." Organizations of Government employees have a logical place in Government affairs.

The desire of Government employees for fair and adequate pay, reasonable hours of work, safe and suitable working conditions, development of opportunities for advancement, facilities for fair and impartial consideration and review of grievances, and other objectives of a proper employee relations policy, is basically no different from that of employees in private industry. Organization on their part to present their views on such matters is both natural and logical, but meticulous attention should be paid to the special relationships and obligations of public servants to the public itself and to the Government.

All Government employees should realize that the process of collective bargaining, as usually understood, cannot be transplanted into the public service. It has its distinct and insurmountable limitations when applied to public personnel management. The very nature and purposes of Government make it impossible for administrative officials to represent fully or to bind the employer in mutual discussions with Government employee organizations. The employer is the whole people, who speak by means of laws enacted by their representatives in Congress. Accordingly, administrative officials and employees alike are governed and guided, and in many instances restricted, by laws which establish policies, procedures, or rules in personnel matters.

Particularly, I want to emphasize my conviction that militant tactics have no place in the functions of any organization of Government employees. Upon employees in the Federal service rests the obligation to serve the whole people, whose interests and welfare require orderliness and continuity in the conduct of Government activities. This obligation is paramount. Since their own services have to do with the functioning of the Government, a strike of public employees manifests nothing less than an intent on their part to prevent or obstruct the operations of Government until their demands are satisfied. Such action, looking toward the paralysis of Government by those who have sworn to support it, is unthinkable and intolerable. It is, therefore, with a feeling of gratification that I have noted in the constitution of the National Federation of Federal Employees the provision that "under no circumstances shall this Federation engage in or support strikes against the United States Government."

Agreed.

LINK

Couldn't keep a job.
Are you one of these people that thinks companies exist just to dole out jobs?

Liberals believe companies exist for them and should be told what they are allowed to do or not do. The company isn't some privately owned entity operating in the public space, it is only allowed to exist if it does what they want.

The person or people that own that company are supposed obey the orders of their liberal handlers. Nevermind it is their money and their life on the line with success or failure of the company, liberals want in some of the action just like with unions.

Liberals believe companies exist for them and should be told what they are allowed to do or not do. The company isn't some privately owned entity operating in the public space, it is only allowed to exist if it does what they want.

The person or people that own that company are supposed obey the orders of their liberal handlers. Nevermind it is their money and their life on the line with success or failure of the company, liberals want in some of the action just like with unions.

One word: CONTROL. No other way to define it.

If companies keep raising wages periodically for their workers, the workers increase production. It most always works out this way. You work as hard you are paid for. Higher wages most always equals higher production.

That is not true, and has never been true. Workers labor for many reasons, and pay and benefits is only one of those motivating factors. There are books written on the things that motivate workers. Pick one up sometime.

The basic motivating factor is survival. People will work hard to ensure their survival and the survival of their families. Once survival is ensured, pride, status, and self actualization come into play.

The Democrap Congressman Waxman has been identified by numerous business leaders for shaking them down for ca$h donations for decades when he would use his power and position in DC to threaten their business and/or their personal lives with regulation and oversight....if they didn't fund his campaigns.
Liberals are just criminals.

The things that the unions fought for in the past are now required by law. Unions today serve no purpose but to collect money for the democrat party.

That's exactly right. And the workers have no say in how their dues are spent. The dues are high and it helps liberal candidates more than workers. Unions have bragged in the past about how much they spent to run campaign ads for liberals.

lissen to yerselves

are you for the workers or labor or businesses

are you for the voters or the politicians and the parties

lissen to yer whinin'

Capitalism is founded upon the struggle of management versus those that they have hired. Management has won a huge battle now that unions are becoming a thing of the past. It is now up to the worker to constantly strive to find better employment. Workers have no other options than to get up and walk away as soon as they can.

Shouldn't you always be striving to find better employment rather than languishing at one job for your entire life?

I always thought that was how one got ahead in the world.

If companies keep raising wages periodically for their workers, the workers increase production. It most always works out this way. You work as hard you are paid for. Higher wages most always equals higher production.

That is like saying that the Sun has risen because the rooster has crowed.

A company pay its employees a higher wage if there is higher production.

In other words, if the company can afford it.

Forum List

Back