Why labor unions can't win

The things that the unions fought for in the past are now required by law. Unions today serve no purpose but to collect money for the democrat party.

That's exactly right. And the workers have no say in how their dues are spent. The dues are high and it helps liberal candidates more than workers. Unions have bragged in the past about how much they spent to run campaign ads for liberals.

This isn't true in most cases, the membership has the vote thus a say in union expenditures (theoretically anyways), in right to work states workers have the choice whether they pay union dues at all which has led to some unions to reform themselves to the point where they can demonstrate enough value add to workers as to entice said workers to voluntarily pay dues (i.e. join the unions), which is really the way it should be.

Those unions that have got with the program of viewing their members as CUSTOMERS instead of sheep to be sheared will (I believe) thrive, those unions that still rely on government to force workers to join and thus have no incentive to provide value equal to what the members pay in dues will continue to wither.

I have no problem with unions and unionism.

1. Covered by freedom of assembly in the Constitution

2. They serve as part of the checks and balances necessary in a market economy

3. If any object to public employee unions, take it up with the corrupt politicians who sign away the public fisc.

All of the things that the unions fought for in the past are now required by law.

No they are not.

Couldn't keep a job.
Good companies cultivate employees, knowing that new hires are expensive and uncertain. Of course employees top out in their skills at some point. A machinist can only be so productive, etc.
But libs look on businesses as some kind of charity and hiring as some kind of hand out. The truth is it is a 2 way street, the employee trading his time and labor for wages and benefits. If it doesnt work for either party, then the relationship should end.
And when the companies send all the jobs to China to avoid paying a living wage to employees? What then?

Then it proves the employees were being over paid.
Next?
Wow...

I agree. Unions today create lazy workers. The rights are built into the laws (In part thanks to unions of the past), but today it allows for subpar work to be aced panel and if they lose their job? So what? They can sit on welfare on our taxpayer money for as long as they can scam it. Hence the quality of American made products declining exponentially. And then there's outsourcing.. But that's a whole different subject.

~ Gina 😉

I agree. Unions today create lazy workers. The rights are built into the laws (In part thanks to unions of the past), but today it allows for subpar work to be aced panel and if they lose their job? So what? They can sit on welfare on our taxpayer money for as long as they can scam it. Hence the quality of American made products declining exponentially. And then there's outsourcing.. But that's a whole different subject.

~ Gina 😉

You should come do my job. Ill show you lazy non union workers. Union doesnt own the lazy worker.

A good worker uses his skills as leverage against his employee. It is an adversarial relationship in many aspects. Its what capitalism is founded upon. A worker is always always always on the lookout for better employment and leaves the second he can locate it without 2 weeks notice mind you. A worker management relationship is one in which neither side owes the other any loyalty whatsoever. Loyalty is a fault, not a strength. In my heart of hearts I truly believe this. I admire those workers who constantly strive to make it up.

A good worker uses his skills as leverage against his employee. It is an adversarial relationship in many aspects. Its what capitalism is founded upon. A worker is always always always on the lookout for better employment and leaves the second he can locate it without 2 weeks notice mind you. A worker management relationship is one in which neither side owes the other any loyalty whatsoever. Loyalty is a fault, not a strength. In my heart of hearts I truly believe this. I admire those workers who constantly strive to make it up.

Probably because you've always been a worker. Not a particularly valued one either, I'd guess.
Some companies value workers and loyalty. Others don't. No way to generalize there. But one thing it isn't is a charitable relationship.

~ Gina 😉

You should come do my job. Ill show you lazy non union workers. Union doesnt own the lazy worker.

Then fire them!

Or are you one of them?

I've seen many union workers that do work hard, you are right in that I shouldn't generalize, buy being from a state that has allowed unionized workers to demand and get with no output, I am frustrated

~ Gina 😉

Then fire them!

Or are you one of them?
who do you think carries them?
That would be stupid. We can barely keep anyone past 4 months doing the work i do. The area is also bad with drugs and such. Sadly a lot of people fail them and thus we cant higher them.

A Basic Union is a good thing. Things like scheduled breaks and federal holidays off paid would be nice. I currently do not get those things. Pay raises based on performance and attendance as well would be good. This would force greedy owners to not be so greedy. Also Sick days and or personal days would be a nice thing.

Im not asking the world here.

I'm not union. But many of my family are and have lost jobs due to the "lazy ones" who didn't pull their weight for their pay scale. Allowing all of their jobs to be outsourced. Sad...

[MENTION=12394]PoliticalChic[/MENTION]

If unions did what they were designed to do, I would have nothing wrong with them either. But given that they are hellbent on destroying those who don't simply give them what they want, I see no reason for unionism to exist.

[MENTION=12394]PoliticalChic[/MENTION]

If unions did what they were designed to do, I would have nothing wrong with them either. But given that they are hellbent on destroying those who don't simply give them what they want, I see no reason for unionism to exist.

The labor movement allows your lazy ass,on SS or welfare, to sit at home and espouse your venom against those who actually have a job.

Forum List

Back