why mental health checks for guns can't pass muster....

Not true, even there. Hitler liked guns, repealed gun control laws, for all but his enemies of course. Do you want your enemies well-armed, yes or no? Gee, Hitler had the same answer...
I do know that I don't want anyone, I don't care what purpose in life, to have something I am not allowed. I'm kinda funny that way, so if someone can have a gun, so can I. A human is a human, power equals distrust, and with the distrust is the presence of death. And, we have that and losing that isn't ever going to happen without some kind of struggle. So, we'll see right? Your way or our way. Who do you think will win?

BTW, evil is most often in the minds of leaders.
No one has guns, you have no guns. Welcome to equal.

BTW, they have drones, bombers, tanks, guns you can only dream of, and nuclear weapons. Fear is what makes you who you are. Grow up and let fear go. It's childish.
no one is equal, see that's your mental illness. No such thing. a three hundred pound man is not equal to a 75 pound woman. It's too bad you allow stupid to take over your body.
Putting a gun in their hands doesn't make them equal either.

Sure does......do some research twit.
None is required. He could take a dozen hits, she won't make it to two.

I don't care as long as i have resources. hmmmm, thought I made that claim already. I want and equal chance against them and today I have that available to me and I'll fight you and yours harder to maintain that. Again, you don't have the numbers.
It's a yes or no question, that an honest man can answer. Be a man, for once.
Or women...

quote-as-the-saying-goes-god-made-man-and-woman-colonel-colt-made-them-equal-ann-coulter-36-8-0847.jpg
So you want ISIS and criminals to be well-armed, therefore equal. Got it.
again, dude it's so far over your head even a jetliner flying between Boston and San Fran is too low.
I'll make it easy for ya. Do you want criminals and ISIS well-armed, yes or no?
asked and answered.

And that kept guns out of the hands of the terrorists...right....how did that work out?
How is allowing them have guns working out? Oh, not so well you say. Imagine that...

isis...we aren't allowing them to have guns...they are getting them despite what we want...just like criminals.....
So, using your logic again, we should have no laws and nothing banned, criminals will do whatever they please regardless. Again, gonna run with that, yes or no?
Banning allows the criminals the only ones to have whatever. Dumbass
And I'm perfectly fine with when having a gun makes you a criminal. Off to prison you go. In countries with very strict gun control, that is how it works.
Federal government has to have a gun to make a person go to prison. There you go again deflecting

I do know that I don't want anyone, I don't care what purpose in life, to have something I am not allowed. I'm kinda funny that way, so if someone can have a gun, so can I. A human is a human, power equals distrust, and with the distrust is the presence of death. And, we have that and losing that isn't ever going to happen without some kind of struggle. So, we'll see right? Your way or our way. Who do you think will win?

BTW, they have drones, bombers, tanks, guns you can only dream of, and nuclear weapons. Fear is what makes you who you are. Grow up and let fear go. It's childish.
no one is equal, see that's your mental illness. No such thing. a three hundred pound man is not equal to a 75 pound woman. It's too bad you allow stupid to take over your body.

Wrong...a police woman took a bullet to the heart...drew her weapon and killed the criminal., when she recovered she returned to duty.....guns are not death rays twit......

Do you always think like a 12 year old or do you just pretend to be 12 years old when you post?

66262321.jpg

It's a yes or no question, that an honest man can answer. Be a man, for once.
Or women...

quote-as-the-saying-goes-god-made-man-and-woman-colonel-colt-made-them-equal-ann-coulter-36-8-0847.jpg
So you want ISIS and criminals to be well-armed, therefore equal. Got it.
again, dude it's so far over your head even a jetliner flying between Boston and San Fran is too low.
I'll make it easy for ya. Do you want criminals and ISIS well-armed, yes or no?
asked and answered.
Nope. Yes or no? It's a simple question, with an obvious answer, gun-control freak...

Not true, even there. Hitler liked guns, repealed gun control laws, for all but his enemies of course. Do you want your enemies well-armed, yes or no? Gee, Hitler had the same answer...

sure it does. the woman could be ten times the marksman.

Wrong...a police woman took a bullet to the heart...drew her weapon and killed the criminal., when she recovered she returned to duty.....guns are not death rays twit......

Do you always think like a 12 year old or do you just pretend to be 12 years old when you post?
I'm not the one thinking that a 75 pound woman and a 300 pound man can be made equal...

Easy fix, no guns.

You guys had the same solution to free blacks....no votes. that wasn't acceptable either.
The Founders wrote All Men Were Created Equal, an obvious lie. I'm much more honest.
They also wrote the second amendment
If you want to change it there is a process so you'd better get started
Just a matter of time, especially with you dicks shooting up cops and schools...
I never shot anyone, Asshole

Why don't you post how well the repeal efforts are going?

Oh yeah you can't because there aren't any. Just like you typical control freaks you like to whine but you never follow up

Here you go...someone who actually knows what they are talking about..

Massad Ayoob: Gunfighting Fact vs. Fiction

Even severe wounds may not seriously disable a committed combatant. I have had the privilege of meeting many hero cops who have survived hellacious gunfight injuries and gone on to prevail.

One is Stacy Lim of the LAPD. She was shot in the heart with a .357 Mag revolver at the opening of her encounter.

She returned fire with her Beretta 9mm, killing her antagonist with four solid hits out of the four she fired.

She recovered to return to full duty, and today is one of the nation’s most respected police firearms instructors.

Another is Officer Jared Reston of Jacksonville, Florida. He was shot in the face at point-blank range by a gunman armed with a .45 ACP who then fired six more bullets into Reston when he fell. Jared returned fire from the ground with his Glock .40. He killed the assailant and recovered to return to patrol and SWAT duty.

These were the good guys and gals. But the bad guys can be just as resilient, and we would all do well to remember that it took Stacy four dead-on hits to drop her opponent, and Jared had to shoot his would-be murderer seven times before the guy stopped trying to kill him.

This is one reason mental health checks for gun purchases can't pass muster.......they take too long. and the number of normal people buying guns vs. the criminals and crazies make it an undue burden on the Rights of law abiding citizens......which is why anti gun leadership is pushing for them......and their minions are following their lead...

As the article points out...this same tactic was used to disarm blacks after Republicans freed them.......the democrats kept blacks from getting guns through techniques like this.......

"Klan Compromise" Forces Sheriff To Break Gun Laws In NC

North Carolina’s relatively new (December 1, 2015) requirement to have mental health background checks on handgun purchasers hasn’t saved any lives, but it sure has created a mess as antiquated record-keeping systems run headlong into legal requirements for a timely search compounded by the demands of the North Carolina Sheriff’s Association to keep a Jim Crow-era pistol permitting system in place last year.

It may soon take as long to get a handgun as it does to get a machine gun. This is entirely absurd.

To get a gun permit in Mecklenburg County, there is a wait.

“It takes 10 days in California, six to seven weeks in Mecklenburg and now were hearing it might be six months,” said Larry Hyatt, gun store owner. “It’s totally unacceptable.”

Hyatt runs one of the busiest gun stores in the country. But there is nothing busy about a shelf in his store.
“These are handguns on hold while people are waiting for their permits,” Hyatt said while pointing at guns. “And this is just the G’s and H’s. There is almost 500 handguns waiting for permits.”

The number of permit requests flowing through the clerk’s office has been consistent, averaging 130 per month. But then in December, the number exploded to more than 2,000. And last month it was more than 2,500.

Part of that compromise gave sheriffs only 14 days to approve or deny permits. The problem is the mental health checks have been taking far longer than two weeks.

“So it kind of puts us in a dilemma,” said Sheriff Irwin Carmichael, Mecklenburg County. “So we go ahead and issue permits and let everyone know in 14 days or wait till we get all of this medical information back? I’m always going to err on the side of safety.”

Translation: the new law is forcing the sheriff to break the law to keep the public safe.

So rather than speed up the mental health background checks.....you insist that we have none?

Same with criminal background checks I suppose?

And do you even bother with locks on your doors? Even bother to lock the doors on your car? Because you know those can be circumvented.

The mental health industry is too subjective to hang out rights on it.

I'm not the one thinking that a 75 pound woman and a 300 pound man can be made equal...

That is because you don't think....you have the reasoning ability of a 3 year old........

This is one reason mental health checks for gun purchases can't pass muster.......they take too long. and the number of normal people buying guns vs. the criminals and crazies make it an undue burden on the Rights of law abiding citizens......which is why anti gun leadership is pushing for them......and their minions are following their lead...

As the article points out...this same tactic was used to disarm blacks after Republicans freed them.......the democrats kept blacks from getting guns through techniques like this.......

North Carolina’s relatively new (December 1, 2015) requirement to have mental health background checks on handgun purchasers hasn’t saved any lives, but it sure has created a mess as antiquated record-keeping systems run headlong into legal requirements for a timely search compounded by the demands of the North Carolina Sheriff’s Association to keep a Jim Crow-era pistol permitting system in place last year.

It may soon take as long to get a handgun as it does to get a machine gun. This is entirely absurd.

“It takes 10 days in California, six to seven weeks in Mecklenburg and now were hearing it might be six months,” said Larry Hyatt, gun store owner. “It’s totally unacceptable.”

Hyatt runs one of the busiest gun stores in the country. But there is nothing busy about a shelf in his store.
“These are handguns on hold while people are waiting for their permits,” Hyatt said while pointing at guns. “And this is just the G’s and H’s. There is almost 500 handguns waiting for permits.”

The number of permit requests flowing through the clerk’s office has been consistent, averaging 130 per month. But then in December, the number exploded to more than 2,000. And last month it was more than 2,500.

Part of that compromise gave sheriffs only 14 days to approve or deny permits. The problem is the mental health checks have been taking far longer than two weeks.

“So it kind of puts us in a dilemma,” said Sheriff Irwin Carmichael, Mecklenburg County. “So we go ahead and issue permits and let everyone know in 14 days or wait till we get all of this medical information back? I’m always going to err on the side of safety.”

Translation: the new law is forcing the sheriff to break the law to keep the public safe.

So rather than speed up the mental health background checks.....you insist that we have none?

And do you even bother with locks on your doors? Even bother to lock the doors on your car? Because you know those can be circumvented.

Yep.....and it is already a tool of the anti gun activists.....

Yep.....and it is already a tool of the anti gun activists.....

That's exactly right.

Don't need to, I live in north western South Dakota. I don't even know if I have a key to my home doors haven't locked them in years...

That's great, S. Dakota residents don't need guns if what you say is true. Sadly, S. Dakota isn't NY or CA or any other state in our nation. Thus, let's toss out Heller and allow we the people in each state and each city / county to decide on who can and who cannot own, possess or have in their custody and control a gun, how it must be stored and the type of firearm legally possessed.

And like the old South you would have been one of the guys determining how blacks should be allowed to vote...how much they paid in Poll Taxes and what kind of Literacy test they had to take...then people like you would determine where on a bus a black could sit...

We know how you nuts feel about basic human Rights and that is why they had to spell them out for you in the Bill of Rights.......twit.

What does any of your babble have to do with just checking to see if someone is a criminal or mentally ill.

This is the part I don't get. No one wants either group with access to fire arms. A majority of NRA members support background checks. The public overwhelming supports them.

And yet the gun fanatics oppose even this. Just checking to see if someone is legally allowed to buy a gun is an 'undue burden' to them. That's how ludicriously skewed they've become.

Merely *checking* if the person trying to buy a gun is violent felon.....is too much to ask of them.

Merely *checking* if the person trying to buy a gun is violent felon.....is too much to ask of them

Yeah...that isn't what you guys want......that is how you lie about background checks...you want registration of all guns and owners and background checks is how you will do it......since they changed background checks for all "Sales" to background checks for all "transfers".....and therefore you will need to register all guns to achieve that....

Laughing......says who? Who says that not what I want? Can you quote me saying otherwise?

Of course not.

You're offering us a conspiracy theory, ignoring the actual laws being proposed and imagining laws that aren't.

And given that you oppose ANY background check....criminal or for mental health, your entire argument is disingenuous. And also utterly out of step with the overwhelming majority of Americans.

As no one wants violent felons of the mentally ill to have guns. And all that is being proposed...is to check if a gun purchaser is to check. And you oppose even that. You're simply an unreasonable, conspiracy addled fanatic on this issue. And unreasonable, conspiracy addled fanaticism shouldn't be the basis of sound law or regulation.
we have history.

As no one wants violent felons of the mentally ill to have guns.
it is already illegal for felons and people adjudicated as mentally infirm to have guns.
You plan to make it more illegal?

I plan to check if they're violent felons BEFORE selling them the guns.You know, like the law says.

And its our resident gun fanatics who oppose even this cartoon simple, utterly common sense measure. A measure that's supported by upward of 80% of the US electorate and even a majority of NRA members.

We already have background checks for felons and those adjudicated as mentally infirm.
So...?

So....read the OP and the subsequent posts. Our resident gun fanatics are arguing against BOTH criminal background checks AND mental health background checks.

I support both. If mental health background checks take too long.....then speed them up.

No...wrong again...the purpose of the gun is to save the life of the user. And many times it is never even fired to save the life....
Just drop that lie, it's nonsense.
it's spot on.
It's total nonsense, to try and deny why the gun, a weapon of war, was invented.
no..............it's spot on and dude you can post your shit over and over and I'll just hit reply. so?
It's total nonsense, to try and deny why the gun, a weapon of war, was invented.
to equal the playing field against land/ property take overs by governments and kings with their armies.

As no one wants violent felons of the mentally ill to have guns.
it is already illegal for felons and people adjudicated as mentally infirm to have guns.
You plan to make it more illegal?
I plan to check if they're violent felons BEFORE selling them the guns.You know, like the law says.
We already have background checks for felons and those adjudicated as mentally infirm.
So...?

Here you go...someone who actually knows what they are talking about..

Massad Ayoob: Gunfighting Fact vs. Fiction

Even severe wounds may not seriously disable a committed combatant. I have had the privilege of meeting many hero cops who have survived hellacious gunfight injuries and gone on to prevail.

One is Stacy Lim of the LAPD. She was shot in the heart with a .357 Mag revolver at the opening of her encounter.

She returned fire with her Beretta 9mm, killing her antagonist with four solid hits out of the four she fired.

She recovered to return to full duty, and today is one of the nation’s most respected police firearms instructors.

Another is Officer Jared Reston of Jacksonville, Florida. He was shot in the face at point-blank range by a gunman armed with a .45 ACP who then fired six more bullets into Reston when he fell. Jared returned fire from the ground with his Glock .40. He killed the assailant and recovered to return to patrol and SWAT duty.

These were the good guys and gals. But the bad guys can be just as resilient, and we would all do well to remember that it took Stacy four dead-on hits to drop her opponent, and Jared had to shoot his would-be murderer seven times before the guy stopped trying to kill him.
Help for you, she was a trained officer, and the bullet "nicked" her heart or she'd be dead as stone.

Forum List

Back