🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

why mental health checks for guns can't pass muster....

I do know that I don't want anyone, I don't care what purpose in life, to have something I am not allowed. I'm kinda funny that way, so if someone can have a gun, so can I. A human is a human, power equals distrust, and with the distrust is the presence of death. And, we have that and losing that isn't ever going to happen without some kind of struggle. So, we'll see right? Your way or our way. Who do you think will win?

BTW, evil is most often in the minds of leaders.
No one has guns, you have no guns. Welcome to equal.

BTW, they have drones, bombers, tanks, guns you can only dream of, and nuclear weapons. Fear is what makes you who you are. Grow up and let fear go. It's childish.
no one is equal, see that's your mental illness. No such thing. a three hundred pound man is not equal to a 75 pound woman. It's too bad you allow stupid to take over your body.
Putting a gun in their hands doesn't make them equal either.

Sure does......do some research twit.
None is required. He could take a dozen hits, she won't make it to two.
I don't think you know what damage a bullet does to the brain, but one shot in the head and the dude is down. :banana:

As no one wants violent felons of the mentally ill to have guns.
it is already illegal for felons and people adjudicated as mentally infirm to have guns.
You plan to make it more illegal?

I plan to check if they're violent felons BEFORE selling them the guns.You know, like the law says.

And its our resident gun fanatics who oppose even this cartoon simple, utterly common sense measure. A measure that's supported by upward of 80% of the US electorate and even a majority of NRA members.

We already have background checks for felons and those adjudicated as mentally infirm.
So...?

So....read the OP and the subsequent posts. Our resident gun fanatics are arguing against BOTH criminal background checks AND mental health background checks.

I support both. If mental health background checks take too long.....then speed them up.

Nope....you are wrong...

We support background checks that are immediate, that run the background and give a pass/fail with no permanent record of the gun owner.

We are not arguing against mental health background checks...as M14 pointed out.....it needs to be based on involuntary committment and it needs to be implemented carefully to keep people like you from using them against normal, law abiding gun owners......

Twit.

See...when guys like you were denying the Right to vote to blacks...you used these same arguments....just different methods...poll taxes and literacy tests...today it is universal background checks for all gun transfers....to get registration...and mental health checks to grab the guns of people with insomnia.......

Just drop that lie, it's nonsense.
it's spot on.
It's total nonsense, to try and deny why the gun, a weapon of war, was invented.
no..............it's spot on and dude you can post your shit over and over and I'll just hit reply. so?
It's total nonsense, to try and deny why the gun, a weapon of war, was invented.
to equal the playing field against land/ property take overs by governments and kings with their armies.
Total nonsense. Lying about why guns were invented is just stupid, like you.

no one is equal, see that's your mental illness. No such thing. a three hundred pound man is not equal to a 75 pound woman. It's too bad you allow stupid to take over your body.

Here you go...someone who actually knows what they are talking about..

Massad Ayoob: Gunfighting Fact vs. Fiction

Even severe wounds may not seriously disable a committed combatant. I have had the privilege of meeting many hero cops who have survived hellacious gunfight injuries and gone on to prevail.

One is Stacy Lim of the LAPD. She was shot in the heart with a .357 Mag revolver at the opening of her encounter.

She returned fire with her Beretta 9mm, killing her antagonist with four solid hits out of the four she fired.

She recovered to return to full duty, and today is one of the nation’s most respected police firearms instructors.

Another is Officer Jared Reston of Jacksonville, Florida. He was shot in the face at point-blank range by a gunman armed with a .45 ACP who then fired six more bullets into Reston when he fell. Jared returned fire from the ground with his Glock .40. He killed the assailant and recovered to return to patrol and SWAT duty.

These were the good guys and gals. But the bad guys can be just as resilient, and we would all do well to remember that it took Stacy four dead-on hits to drop her opponent, and Jared had to shoot his would-be murderer seven times before the guy stopped trying to kill him.
Help for you, she was a trained officer, and the bullet "nicked" her heart or she'd be dead as stone.

Yes...they train police to get shot in the heart.....you really are a 3 year old....

No one has guns, you have no guns. Welcome to equal.

BTW, they have drones, bombers, tanks, guns you can only dream of, and nuclear weapons. Fear is what makes you who you are. Grow up and let fear go. It's childish.

I don't think you know what damage a bullet does to the brain, but one shot in the head and the dude is down. :banana:
It doesn't matter, they aren't equal, ever.

The Supreme Court is currently hearing the case of two men denied ownership of guns because of domestic violence misdemeanors. One of the men, who was convicted over 10 years ago for the DV, has gone on to be arrested for various things, including probation violations, DUI, and illegally possessing five guns. Their argument is that a misdemeanor isn't serious enough to take away a person's 2nd amendment rights.
Do you agree that a man as obviously impulsive and willing to break the law should be given his guns back?

it is already illegal for felons and people adjudicated as mentally infirm to have guns.
I plan to check if they're violent felons BEFORE selling them the guns.You know, like the law says.
We already have background checks for felons and those adjudicated as mentally infirm.
So...?

And our local gun headjobs are arguing *against* both.

I'm arguing for both.

And?

Here you go...someone who actually knows what they are talking about..

Massad Ayoob: Gunfighting Fact vs. Fiction

Even severe wounds may not seriously disable a committed combatant. I have had the privilege of meeting many hero cops who have survived hellacious gunfight injuries and gone on to prevail.

One is Stacy Lim of the LAPD. She was shot in the heart with a .357 Mag revolver at the opening of her encounter.

She returned fire with her Beretta 9mm, killing her antagonist with four solid hits out of the four she fired.

She recovered to return to full duty, and today is one of the nation’s most respected police firearms instructors.

Another is Officer Jared Reston of Jacksonville, Florida. He was shot in the face at point-blank range by a gunman armed with a .45 ACP who then fired six more bullets into Reston when he fell. Jared returned fire from the ground with his Glock .40. He killed the assailant and recovered to return to patrol and SWAT duty.

These were the good guys and gals. But the bad guys can be just as resilient, and we would all do well to remember that it took Stacy four dead-on hits to drop her opponent, and Jared had to shoot his would-be murderer seven times before the guy stopped trying to kill him.
Help for you, she was a trained officer, and the bullet "nicked" her heart or she'd be dead as stone.

Yes...they train police to get shot in the heart.....you really are a 3 year old....
They train the police how to kill when necessary. And she wasn't shot in the heart, that would have killed her dead. Just nicking her heart made it stop, shortly afterwards.

Washington.jpg
Another lie: Spurious Quotations
Na, not really.
Sorry, another, and doesn't sound like him, as usual.
8978825_f520.jpg
Great, even more lies. Do you think the Founders were big fans of a heavily armed British Army?

How is allowing them have guns working out? Oh, not so well you say. Imagine that...

isis...we aren't allowing them to have guns...they are getting them despite what we want...just like criminals.....
So, using your logic again, we should have no laws and nothing banned, criminals will do whatever they please regardless. Again, gonna run with that, yes or no?
Banning allows the criminals the only ones to have whatever. Dumbass
And I'm perfectly fine with when having a gun makes you a criminal. Off to prison you go. In countries with very strict gun control, that is how it works.
Federal government has to have a gun to make a person go to prison. There you go again deflecting
That's fine. They need guns, you don't, more than likely.

So...?
And our local gun headjobs are arguing *against* both.
That's not what I read.

"We support background checks that are immediate, that run the background and give a pass/fail with no permanent record of the gun owner. We are not arguing against mental health background checks...as M14 pointed out.....it needs to be based on involuntary committment and it needs to be implemented carefully to keep people like you from using them against normal, law abiding gun owners......"

Not sure how you can soundly argue against any of that.

And its our resident gun fanatics who oppose even this cartoon simple, utterly common sense measure. A measure that's supported by upward of 80% of the US electorate and even a majority of NRA members.

So...?

So....read the OP and the subsequent posts. Our resident gun fanatics are arguing against BOTH criminal background checks AND mental health background checks.

I support both. If mental health background checks take too long.....then speed them up.
don't they already do that? What will be so special about yours?

The Supreme Court is currently hearing the case of two men denied ownership of guns because of domestic violence misdemeanors. One of the men, who was convicted over 10 years ago for the DV, has gone on to be arrested for various things, including probation violations, DUI, and illegally possessing five guns. Their argument is that a misdemeanor isn't serious enough to take away a person's 2nd amendment rights.
Do you agree that a man as obviously impulsive and willing to break the law should be given his guns back?
What does the law say?
Since I know you don't know, I'll give you plenty of time to look it up.

Great, even more lies. Do you think the Founders were big fans of a heavily armed British Army?
no, they didn't, but they knew they needed at least as much firepower and smarts to win. And looky looky who won!!!! Wow, the underdog. The 75 pounder against the 300 pounder.

And those without guns actually spied on the British and that is what turned the fight to victory, so it wasn't so much the gun as it was the smarts. Made them leave.

Wrong...a police woman took a bullet to the heart...drew her weapon and killed the criminal., when she recovered she returned to duty.....guns are not death rays twit......

Do you always think like a 12 year old or do you just pretend to be 12 years old when you post?
I'm not the one thinking that a 75 pound woman and a 300 pound man can be made equal...

That is because you don't think....you have the reasoning ability of a 3 year old........
He's a consultant

So...?

We already have background checks dumbass

Forum List

Back