Why Most White People Don't Speak Out Against Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't a real red neck, this is only an actor portraying one I believe.

I've checked out the metrics on that channel, it is targeted for content and ads.

Though I have no problem with the message, don't be a dupe. Google and the establishment are playing you.
OH SNAP!!!!

1470447011090.gif

I'm white so I don't suffer from imaginary racism like other races do.

That's because you're the one practicing it.

USMB is full of these examples.

Now let's watch the show brothers.

th

I disagree with your premise. Most 'white' people are against racism. Many speak out against it; more live a life free of racism. Most rely on their leaders to speak out against it.

Your premise reminds me of when Westerners say Muslims don't speak out against terrorism. Most Muslims are against terroism Many do speak out about it, and more live a life that is free of terrorism or support of terrorism. Most rely on their leaders to speak out against it. If you google it, you will find pages and pages of Muslim leaders speaking out against terrorism.

I imagine the same is true for white leaders speaking out against racism.

Esmerelda YOU speak out against racism here, but look at how many here outnumber you who don't. Yes there are white leaders who speak out against racism but if they were so many white racism would no longer exist. Here at USMB, you, jillian, jqpublic, tyroneslopthrop Delores, most of the time sealybobo and a couple of others speak out against racism. And you are outnumbered by huge margins. This is not like Muslims and terrorism that might not be the best comparison. A better one might be Muslims and religious superiority. There at Muslims who see the universal nature of religion just like some christians but in both cases they are outnumbered by those who see heir religion as the only path to god.

The speaker in the video was not me. He was a white person who stated that a lot of whites don't speak out against racism. 60 million people voted for Trump he got almost 60 percent of all white votes. There has been an increase in the formation of white supremacist groups.

Most Americans Oppose White Supremacists, But Many Share Their Views:

A new poll in the wake of the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, finds that while Americans widely say they oppose racism and white nationalism, many still appear to hold far-right, white supremacist views.

The Ipsos poll, for Thomson Reuters and the University of Virginia Center for Politics, was conducted online from Aug. 21 to Sept. 5 ― in the weeks following the deadly white supremacist rally on the University of Virginia campus. It sampled around 5,360 American adults, asking questions about race that respondents could agree or disagree with to varying degrees.

“While there is relatively little national endorsement of neo-Nazis and white supremacists,” according to the release describing the poll’s findings, “there are troubling levels of support for certain racially-charged ideas and attitudes frequently expressed by extremist groups.”

www.yahoo.com/news/most-americans-oppose-white-supremacists-195150184.html

This is what we as non whites see. I don't want to get into an argument with you because you're not a racist and your view here is honest. But what must happen is that whites must stop being defensive about things when racism is mentioned. We know not all whites are racists, but we know that enough are racist to put a racist in the presidents chair and in majorities is Washington and many state houses in this country.

th

Because speaking out against the discrimination they face gets them marginalized as being "Racist" themselves.

You don't face any discrimination.

I've repeatedly posted hard data demonstrating that you are lying.

You only defense was to pretend to not understand proportions.

YOu are a liar and a poor one at that.

No you haven't and we both know it.

th

I disagree with your premise. Most 'white' people are against racism. Many speak out against it; more live a life free of racism. Most rely on their leaders to speak out against it.

Your premise reminds me of when Westerners say Muslims don't speak out against terrorism. Most Muslims are against terrorism Many do speak out about it, and more live a life that is free of terrorism or support of terrorism. Most rely on their leaders to speak out against it. If you google it, you will find pages and pages of Muslim leaders speaking out against terrorism.

how do you know that " MOST LIVE A LIFE FREE OF RACISM " ? <<< that is a very broad statement.
I live in the USA. I grew up in a largely WASP town. I noticed lots of racism if racism is defined
broadly. In my town I witnessed theological DISPUTES (flavored with rancor) between six year old
protestants and catholics. It seems to me that most people cannot get thru life with a life "free of racism"
In the USA we are facing a dilemma over the CIVIL WAR MEMORIALS------just because some of the
war memorials involve people who are considered by SOME people to be racist because they fought on
the REBEL side making them OBVIOUS SUPPORTERS OF SLAVERY OF BLACK PERSONS.
If you have lived in the USA and if you have read lots during your life-time and interacted with ALL KINDS
of people-------you will know of the existence of all kinds of that which is called "racism" from muslim leaders
over the past 100 years and by muslims for many decades----for me make that 55 years. Of course, racism
is not confined to muslims

If you saw protests against confederate symbols is because these statues were put up long after the war ended and were put there to state white supremacy. These people are not considered to be racist, they were racists. They fought for the confederacy in order to be able to continue owning slaves. There is no brad definition of racism. Racism is the belief in the superiority of your race. Not complaining about racism directed at you by people in the race that thinks they are superior, not the angry response to the built in disrespect of a persons humanity by people in the race that thinks they are superior either. Not the animosity built up on those who have been the ones disrespected by people in the race that thinks they are superior. A lot of whites don't seem to understand what white racism has done and then want to quickly call racism the angry reaction, responses and animosity created by white racism

th

Your premise reminds me of when Westerners say Muslims don't speak out against terrorism. Most Muslims are against terrorism Many do speak out about it, and more live a life that is free of terrorism or support of terrorism. Most rely on their leaders to speak out against it. If you google it, you will find pages and pages of Muslim leaders speaking out against terrorism.

how do you know that " MOST LIVE A LIFE FREE OF RACISM " ? <<< that is a very broad statement.
I live in the USA. I grew up in a largely WASP town. I noticed lots of racism if racism is defined
broadly. In my town I witnessed theological DISPUTES (flavored with rancor) between six year old
protestants and catholics. It seems to me that most people cannot get thru life with a life "free of racism"
In the USA we are facing a dilemma over the CIVIL WAR MEMORIALS------just because some of the
war memorials involve people who are considered by SOME people to be racist because they fought on
If you have lived in the USA and if you have read lots during your life-time and interacted with ALL KINDS
of people-------you will know of the existence of all kinds of that which is called "racism" from muslim leaders
over the past 100 years and by muslims for many decades----for me make that 55 years. Of course, racism

If you saw protests against confederate symbols is because these statues were put up long after the war ended and were put there to state white supremacy. These people are not considered to be racist, they were racists. They fought for the confederacy in order to be able to continue owning slaves. There is no brad definition of racism. Racism is the belief in the superiority of your race. Not complaining about racism directed at you by people in the race that thinks they are superior, not the angry response to the built in disrespect of a persons humanity by people in the race that thinks they are superior either. Not the animosity built up on those who have been the ones disrespected by people in the race that thinks they are superior. A lot of whites don't seem to understand what white racism has done and then want to quickly call racism the angry reaction, responses and animosity created by white racism

I agree with you that the shitty flag of Saudi Arabia should be outlawed in the USA along with ALL flags featuring a crescent and star symbol and all flags featuring a "cross" symbol. ALL are associated
with slavery and oppression.

I'm practicing imaginary racism? Ummm... ok.

You're a racist. You practice the racism. You think your racism is normal, therefore you believe you are not a racist.

th

I agree with you that the shitty flag of Saudi Arabia should be outlawed in the USA along with ALL flags featuring a crescent and star symbol and all flags featuring a "cross" symbol. ALL are associated

Try making sense.

You're a racist. You practice the racism. You think your racism is normal, therefore you believe you are not a racist.
Too late, you already said that my racism was imaginary. :biggrin:

YOU harbor Marxist theories of "RACISM" Marxists describe all of human history as an ECONOMIC
STRUGGLE between the victim workers and the evil bosses Adherents of MARXIST RACISM theory describe all of human history as a struggle between victim blacks and evil whites. I read both accounts during the sixties when that crap was very popular. You think that your view of human history is "NORMAL"
try to grow up, flower child.

th

Try making sense.

My answer made a bit more sense than did your statement. You still have a problem
defining "race" and "racist" ---------has the concept---LIKE "COLOR" become a matter
of simple personal choice?

Take a look in the mirror and you'll have your answer.

Nah, I don't have to do that. I have helped organize marches and activities where suburban whites and inner city blacks who were never been able to get along participated in together. That's why I was requested by whites to work with them on a committee at this point in my life wo are working o create a way to stop police harassment of blacks. I'm not the problem. But you might be since you claim to be Asian and you enable white racists to continue discriminating against other Asians by your beliefs and support of theirs.

Try making sense.

My answer made a bit more sense than did your statement. You still have a problem
defining "race" and "racist" ---------has the concept---LIKE "COLOR" become a matter
of simple personal choice?

No I don't have any such problem and you just made another comment that made no sense..

Racism is normal, therefor you are unrealistic to think things will ever get any better than this, so you should be fighting for a separate Black homeland.

Take a look in the mirror and you'll have your answer.

Nah, I don't have to do that. I have helped organize marches and activities where suburban whites and inner city blacks who were never been able to get along participated in together. That's why I was requested by whites to work with them on a committee at this point in my life wo are working o create a way to stop police harassment of blacks. I'm not the problem. But you might be since you claim to be Asian and you enable white racists to continue discriminating against other Asians by your beliefs and support of theirs.

huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back