Why no apology from FOX about Benghazi lies?

These three men say the report is a lie.

What? All they have to gain is fame and likes. They have such great responsibility they must know more than the repbulicans who investigated with millions of tax dollars. When all they needed was these 3 fucks and a RISK board game.

The two claims contradict one another based upon time lines. How can you reconcile that? Claiming terrorism before blaming a video and then claiming the first terrorism claim after pushing the video story. It makes no sense.

You should submit that to the Republicans who investigated it. I'm sure they'll be interested in this new ground breaking information

Their investigation has nothing to do with that.
So I'll put it to you again, an obama apologist...
The two claims contradict one another based upon time lines. How can you reconcile that? Claiming terrorism before blaming a video and then claiming the first terrorism claim after pushing the video story. It makes no sense

The two claims contradict one another based upon time lines. How can you democrat sheeple reconcile that? Claiming terrorism before blaming a video and then claiming the first terrorism claim after pushing the video story. Still waiting for an explanation. Or at least a response.

These three men say the report is a lie.

What? All they have to gain is fame and likes. They have such great responsibility they must know more than the repbulicans who investigated with millions of tax dollars. When all they needed was these 3 fucks and a RISK board game.

The two claims contradict one another based upon time lines. How can you reconcile that? Claiming terrorism before blaming a video and then claiming the first terrorism claim after pushing the video story. It makes no sense.

You should submit that to the Republicans who investigated it. I'm sure they'll be interested in this new ground breaking information

Their investigation has nothing to do with that.
So I'll put it to you again, an obama apologist...
The two claims contradict one another based upon time lines. How can you reconcile that? Claiming terrorism before blaming a video and then claiming the first terrorism claim after pushing the video story. It makes no sense

The investigation into Benghazi has nothing to do with Benghazi? Oh ok

I dont have to reconcile it...the republicans didnt find anything. This must be a cross party conspiracy now.

Rosh 10244083
The two claims contradict one another based upon time lines. How can you reconcile that? Claiming terrorism before blaming a video and then claiming the first terrorism claim after pushing the video story.

You are wrong and the reason is quite simple. The CIA impression and first assessment that there was both a spontaneous gathering related to the video outside the Consulate and - AND - and a heavily armed attack by militants/extremists are not at all contradictory. It is absurd to suggest that those two situations contradict one another. Try to explain why or how if you think they do.

The two claims contradict one another based upon time lines. How can you democrat sheeple reconcile that? Claiming terrorism before blaming a video and then claiming the first terrorism claim after pushing the video story. Still waiting for an explanation. Or at least a response.

The problem with the truth that you, and all Benghazi crazed right wingers have, is that there was no 'blaming a video' by the White House .The right wing propaganda machine took early control of the narrative about the attacks and response by the White House - and they certainly distorted it drastically to get the theme they wanted.... BLAME THE VIDEO.

The trouble with that is, Ambassador Susan Rice, as you can see in the following direct quotes, did not 'blame the movie' or 'blame a crowd' or 'blame a protest' or 'blame a video' for the attacks on Benghazi. On every show she went on she blamed "extremists'. She very clearly stated with the best information we have at the time we 'BLAME':

(a) "individual clusters of who came with heavier weapons"

(b) "extremist elements, individuals, joined in that -- in that effort with heavy weapons"

(c) "opportunistic extremist elements came to the consulate as this was unfolding. They came with heavy weapons"

(d) "and those with extremist ties joined the fray and came with heavy weapons"

RICE: We believe that folks in Benghazi, a small number of people came to the embassy to -- or to the consulate, rather, to replicate the sort of challenge that was posed in Cairo. And then as that unfolded, it seems to have been hijacked, let us say, by some individual clusters of extremists who came with heavier weapons, weapons that as you know in -- in the wake of the revolution in Libya are -- are quite common and accessible. And it then evolved from there. [ABC News, This Week with George Stephanopoulos, 9/16/12]
"it seems to have been hijacked, let us say, by some individual clusters of extremists who came with heavier weapons"

RICE: -- sparked by this hateful video. But soon after that spontaneous protest began outside of our consulate in Benghazi, we believe that it looks like extremist elements, individuals, joined in that -- in that effort with heavy weapons of the sort that are, unfortunately, readily now available in Libya post-revolution. And that it spun from there into something much, much more violent. [CBS News, Face the Nation, 9/16/12]
"it looks like extremist elements, individuals, joined in that -- in that effort with heavy weapons"

SCHIEFFER: Do you agree or disagree with him that al Qaeda had some part in this? ... SUSAN RICE: Well, we'll have to find out that out. I mean I think it's clear that there were extremist elements that joined in and escalated the violence. Whether they were al Qaeda affiliates, whether they were Libyan-based extremists or al Qaeda itself I think is one of the things we'll have to determine. [CBS News, Face the Nation, 9/16/12]
"I think it's clear that there were extremist elements that joined in and escalated the violence"

GREGORY: Well, let's talk -- talk about-- well, you talked about this as spontaneous. Can you say definitively that the attacks on-- on our consulate in Libya that killed ambassador Stevens and others there security personnel, that was spontaneous, was it a planned attack? Was there a terrorist element to it?

MS. RICE: Well, let us-- let me tell you the-- the best information we have at present. First of all, there's an FBI investigation which is ongoing. And we look to that investigation to give us the definitive word as to what transpired. But putting together the best information that we have available to us today our current assessment is that what happened in Benghazi was in fact initially a spontaneous reaction to what had just transpired hours before in Cairo, almost a copycat of-- of the demonstrations against our facility in Cairo, which were prompted, of course, by the video. What we think then transpired in Benghazi is that opportunistic extremist elements came to the consulate as this was unfolding. They came with heavy weapons which unfortunately are readily available in post revolutionary Libya. And it escalated into a much more violent episode. Obviously, that's-- that's our best judgment now. We'll await the results of the investigation. And the president has been very clear--we'll work with the Libyan authorities to bring those responsible to justice. [MSNBC, Meet the Press, 9/16/12]

"What we think then transpired in Benghazi is that opportunistic extremist elements came to the consulate as this was unfolding. They came with heavy weapons which unfortunately are readily available in post revolutionary Libya. And it escalated into a much more violent episode."

WALLACE: Let's talk about the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi this week that killed four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens.
The top Libyan official says that the attack on Tuesday was, quote, his words "preplanned". Al Qaeda says the operation was revenge for our killing a top Al Qaeda leader.
What do we know?
RICE: Well, first of all, Chris, we are obviously investigating this very closely. The FBI has a lead in this investigation. The information, the best information and the best assessment we have today is that in fact this was not a preplanned, premeditated attack. That what happened initially was that it was a spontaneous reaction to what had just transpired in Cairo as a consequence of the video. People gathered outside the embassy and then it grew very violent and those with extremist ties joined the fray and came with heavy weapons, which unfortunately are quite common in post-revolutionary Libya and that then spun out of control.
But we don't see at this point signs this was a coordinated plan, premeditated attack. Obviously, we will wait for the results of the investigation and we don't want to jump to conclusions before then. But I do think it's important for the American people to know our best current assessment. [Fox News, Fox News Sunday, 9/16/12]
"People gathered outside the embassy and then it grew very violent and those with extremist ties joined the fray and came with heavy weapons, which unfortunately are quite common in post-revolutionary Libya and that then spun out of control."

I see multiple times that Susan Rice did not blame the video or protests or anger over the video for the deaths of four Americans including an ambassador. She blamed extremists who came with heavy weapons. That early the CIA did not identify what organization these heavily armed extremists belonged to. Of course they wouldn't know that immediately.

Last edited:

The problem with the truth that you, and all Benghazi crazed right wingers have, is that there was no 'blaming a video' by the White House .The right wing propaganda machine took early control of the narrative about the attacks and response by the White House - and they certainly distorted it drastically to get the theme they wanted.... BLAME THE VIDEO.

The trouble with that is, Ambassador Susan Rice, as you can see in the following direct quotes, did not 'blame the movie' or 'blame a crowd' or 'blame a protest' or 'blame a video' for the attacks on Benghazi. On every show she went on she blamed "extremists'. She very clearly stated with the best information we have at the time we 'BLAME':

(a) "individual clusters of People gathered outside the embassy and then it grew very violent and those with extremist ties joined the fray and came with heavy weapons, which unfortunately are quite common in post-revolutionary Libya and that then spun out of control. who came with heavier weapons"

(b) "extremist elements, individuals, joined in that -- in that effort with heavy weapons"

(c) "opportunistic extremist elements came to the consulate as this was unfolding. They came with heavy weapons"

(d) "and those with extremist ties joined the fray and came with heavy weapons"

RICE: We believe that folks in Benghazi, a small number of people came to the embassy to -- or to the consulate, rather, to replicate the sort of challenge that was posed in Cairo. And then as that unfolded, it seems to have been hijacked, let us say, by some individual clusters of extremists who came with heavier weapons, weapons that as you know in -- in the wake of the revolution in Libya are -- are quite common and accessible. And it then evolved from there. [ABC News, This Week with George Stephanopoulos, 9/16/12]
"it seems to have been hijacked, let us say, by some individual clusters of extremists who came with heavier weapons"

RICE: -- sparked by this hateful video. But soon after that spontaneous protest began outside of our consulate in Benghazi, we believe that it looks like extremist elements, individuals, joined in that -- in that effort with heavy weapons of the sort that are, unfortunately, readily now available in Libya post-revolution. And that it spun from there into something much, much more violent. [CBS News, Face the Nation, 9/16/12]
"it looks like extremist elements, individuals, joined in that -- in that effort with heavy weapons"

SCHIEFFER: Do you agree or disagree with him that al Qaeda had some part in this? ... SUSAN RICE: Well, we'll have to find out that out. I mean I think it's clear that there were extremist elements that joined in and escalated the violence. Whether they were al Qaeda affiliates, whether they were Libyan-based extremists or al Qaeda itself I think is one of the things we'll have to determine. [CBS News, Face the Nation, 9/16/12]
"I think it's clear that there were extremist elements that joined in and escalated the violence"

GREGORY: Well, let's talk -- talk about-- well, you talked about this as spontaneous. Can you say definitively that the attacks on-- on our consulate in Libya that killed ambassador Stevens and others there security personnel, that was spontaneous, was it a planned attack? Was there a terrorist element to it?

MS. RICE: Well, let us-- let me tell you the-- the best information we have at present. First of all, there's an FBI investigation which is ongoing. And we look to that investigation to give us the definitive word as to what transpired. But putting together the best information that we have available to us today our current assessment is that what happened in Benghazi was in fact initially a spontaneous reaction to what had just transpired hours before in Cairo, almost a copycat of-- of the demonstrations against our facility in Cairo, which were prompted, of course, by the video. What we think then transpired in Benghazi is that opportunistic extremist elements came to the consulate as this was unfolding. They came with heavy weapons which unfortunately are readily available in post revolutionary Libya. And it escalated into a much more violent episode. Obviously, that's-- that's our best judgment now. We'll await the results of the investigation. And the president has been very clear--we'll work with the Libyan authorities to bring those responsible to justice. [MSNBC, Meet the Press, 9/16/12] "What we think then transpired in Benghazi is that opportunistic extremist elements came to the consulate as this was unfolding. They came with heavy weapons which unfortunately are readily available in post revolutionary Libya. And it escalated into a much more violent episode."

WALLACE: Let's talk about the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi this week that killed four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens.
The top Libyan official says that the attack on Tuesday was, quote, his words "preplanned". Al Qaeda says the operation was revenge for our killing a top Al Qaeda leader.
What do we know?
RICE: Well, first of all, Chris, we are obviously investigating this very closely. The FBI has a lead in this investigation. The information, the best information and the best assessment we have today is that in fact this was not a preplanned, premeditated attack. That what happened initially was that it was a spontaneous reaction to what had just transpired in Cairo as a consequence of the video. People gathered outside the embassy and then it grew very violent and those with extremist ties joined the fray and came with heavy weapons, which unfortunately are quite common in post-revolutionary Libya and that then spun out of control.
But we don't see at this point signs this was a coordinated plan, premeditated attack. Obviously, we will wait for the results of the investigation and we don't want to jump to conclusions before then. But I do think it's important for the American people to know our best current assessment. [Fox News, Fox News Sunday, 9/16/12]
" People gathered outside the embassy and then it grew very violent and those with extremist ties joined the fray and came with heavy weapons, which unfortunately are quite common in post-revolutionary Libya and that then spun out of control."

I see multiple times that Susan Rice did not blame the video or protests or anger over the video for the deaths of four Americans including an ambassador. She blamed extremists who came with heavy weapons. That early the CIA did not identify what organization these heavily armed extremists belonged to. Of course they wouldn't know that immediately.
Bull shit

Or from the clowns who bought their BS hook, line, and sinker? Perhaps because they`re so embarrassed?

you people are so small and petty. You actually think your Dear Leader or your shit doesn't stink
And you people are so easily duped. One of you wants to deflect to Zimmerman and another one is too fixated on Obama to think of anything else. How many times did FOX lie about "stand down orders"?
Benghazi Bombshell Security Team Told to Stand Down By Top CIA Officer Fox News Insider
The only contradictory evidence offered up is that they were not told to stand down is based on the claim that they were never told to " stand up" in the first place as if that is a necessary precondition for being ordered to stand down.

Regardless of the semantics they were told to stay and not leave the annex and they went anyway, to do the best they could to save lives of other Americans.

Last edited:
I always wondered if Dan Rather on CBS I believe, if he ever apologized to President Bush for using FAKE papers claiming he was AWOL from the military. And guess what the response where from the left then?

Well he didn't realize it, He didn't do it on purpose, he slipped up not his fault

and on and on and on. but I guess with Obama covering up what really happened so he could hide it from the people during his RE-ELECTION is different. so we need to send him a PLEASE forgive us for thinking, I mean for KNOWING you're a liar.

Last edited:
Rosh 10244083
The two claims contradict one another based upon time lines. How can you reconcile that? Claiming terrorism before blaming a video and then claiming the first terrorism claim after pushing the video story.

You are wrong and the reason is quite simple. The CIA impression and first assessment that there was both a spontaneous gathering related to the video outside the Consulate and - AND - and a heavily armed attack by militants/extremists are not at all contradictory. It is absurd to suggest that those two situations contradict one another. Try to explain why or how if you think they do.
The video as the reason for the attack was pushed for two weeks. After it was discovered that this was in fact a terrorist attack, obama then referred to a general, passing comment about terrorism he made the day after the attack and did so as an alleged acknowledgment that this was terrorism. If he knew it was terrorism the day after, as he suggests, then why would he push the video story for two weeks after that? The two can't reconcile. It was an obvious attempt at a coverup to cover up the failed video coverup. Plus, he did it on national TV during a debate with the aid of an alleged debate moderator/alleged journalist. And Romney failed to follow up.
And it is irrelevant to whether any stand down orders were given or not.

I always wondered if Dan Rather on CBS I believe, if he ever apologized to President Bush for using FAKE papers claiming he was AWOL from the military. And guess what the response where from the left then?

Well he didn't realize it, He didn't do it on purpose, he slipped up not his fault

and on and on and on. but I guess with Obama covering up what really happened so he could hide it from the people during his RE-ELECTION is different. so we need to send him a PLEASE forgive us not for thinking, I mean for KNOWING you're a liar.

Didnt Dan apologize? Yes

Did Fox apologize? No

See the difference...one owned up

Rosh 10244083

The video as the reason for the attack was pushed for two weeks. After it was discovered that this was in fact a terrorist attack, obama then referred to a general, passing comment about terrorism he made the day after the attack and did so as an alleged acknowledgment that this was terrorism. If he knew it was terrorism the day after, as he suggests, then why would he push the video story for two weeks after that? The two can't reconcile. It was an obvious attempt at a coverup to cover up the failed video coverup. Plus, he did it on national TV during a debate with the aid of an alleged debate moderator/alleged journalist. And Romney failed to follow up.

Then you need to call Issa and Goudy and tell them both about that, because they both released reports that say you are full of crap.

I can't see what the argument is here.
On one hand you have a committee that spent millions of taxpayers money and searched, dug, pestered, pilloried and willed for a smoking gun to be found and ultimately declared there is none.
On the other hand you have low-information haters sitting in their bedrooms with a keyboard and Google declaring that they know better.

Hmmmm!

Rosh 10244956
The video as the reason for the attack was pushed for two weeks

I have shown that 'the video as the reason for the attack' was never actually pushed by the Administration. You are confused by listening only to right wing buzzword talking points that did not quite what Ambassador Rice actually said or credit what she said as coming from the CIA's original assessment.

If he knew it was terrorism the day after, as he suggests, then why would he push the video story for two weeks after that?

Obama did not push the video story over the 'act of terror' story. Rice said what the CIA told the White House and Congress to say publicly. And that was that there was a small demonstration related to the video that was escalated by extremists that brought heavy weapons. It was the extremists that came with the intent to kill and destroy. They obviously did not come to demonstrate against the video.

Rosh 10244083

Then you need to call Issa and Goudy and tell them both about that, because they both released reports that say you are full of crap.
No, they didn't. Their investigations were about details involving any stand down or ignore orders. Nothing to do with the contradiction of obama statements attempting to coverup the failure of duty in fortifying the place ahead of time.

Forum List

Back