Why Obamacare is failing.

You can't completely distort markets and then expect something this complicated to work based on a functioning market. Jesus.

Come on. I have little respect for politicians, but I would think they'd at LEAST know THAT.

If they really wanted Single Payer, that's what they should have gone for, and passed it with the same number of votes.

This is a fucking mess, and they should have known. A lot of people did.

That's not the way it works. Below is the strategy:

"The Hegelian Dialectic

The technique is as old as politics itself. It is the Hegelian Dialectic of bringing about change in a three-step process: Thesis, Antithesis and Synthesis.

The first step (thesis) is to create a problem. The second step (antithesis) is to generate opposition to the problem (fear, panic and hysteria). The third step (synthesis) is to offer the solution to the problem created by step one: A change which would have been impossible to impose upon the people without the proper psychological conditioning achieved in stages one and two."

Cut the bullshit, the prime reason ACA market is sputtering right now is due to huge uncertainties.

How can carriers possibly plan to open new plans while nobody knows what will happen with the law and (market it creates) tomorrow

LOL, it's been "failing" from day 1.

Thank you for supporting my point.

It was never designed to work son, never.

Fucktard idiocy.

I know somewhere in your head throwing out your baseless assertions makes sense, but they actually mean squat to those not already agreeing with you.

There was a HUGE effort to pass and implement Obamacare, you have to be totally ignorant fool to suggest that it was done as some sort of front for a big bad conspiracy many decades in the making. I got news for you, Democrats ain't nearly as smart or organized for any of that to be even a remote possibility.

Last edited:
Cut the bullshit, the prime reason ACA market is sputtering right now is due to huge uncertainties.

How can carriers possibly plan to open new plans while nobody knows what will happen with the law and (market it creates) tomorrow

Pfui. Insurers have been pulling out for years. That fact alone demolishes your argument.

One after another different insurance companies have withdrawn from the ACA marketplace. Those shopping on the website saw choices dwindle and options vanish.

There was only one way the ACA would work, and that one way was the one they decided to avoid hoping for a true socialized medicine program sometime in the future.

Well here is one:

151124_United-Health-Expansion_v3.png

Gee, if exchanges were so financially ruinous why does this one keep expanding?

Um you know United Healthcare was pulling out this year don't you?

Aetna Joins Other Major Insurers In Pulling Back From Obamacare

UnitedHealth Group said in April it planned to pull out of ACA marketplaces in most states, and just last month Humana, which covers about 800,000 people, said it will cut back its offerings to just a handful of counties

You were saying?

Fucktard idiocy.

So you are involved in then insurance industry? Or are you just one more liberal who depends on the Gov to change their diapers?

Poor kid.

Pfui. Insurers have been pulling out for years. That fact alone demolishes your argument.

One after another different insurance companies have withdrawn from the ACA marketplace. Those shopping on the website saw choices dwindle and options vanish.

There was only one way the ACA would work, and that one way was the one they decided to avoid hoping for a true socialized medicine program sometime in the future.

Well here is one:

151124_United-Health-Expansion_v3.png

Gee, if exchanges were so financially ruinous why does this one keep expanding?

Um you know United Healthcare was pulling out this year don't you?

Aetna Joins Other Major Insurers In Pulling Back From Obamacare

UnitedHealth Group said in April it planned to pull out of ACA marketplaces in most states, and just last month Humana, which covers about 800,000 people, said it will cut back its offerings to just a handful of counties

You were saying?

No, I didn't know that, however:

Original claim

"Pfui. Insurers have been pulling out for years. " is still false.

There was an expansion of offered plans and participants after exchanges launched, there was some contraction after that, but certainly nothing catastrophic that could not be addressed...but now that it became impossible to plan anything a leak is fast becoming a full out sink.

Fucktard idiocy.

So you are involved in then insurance industry? Or are you just one more liberal who depends on the Gov to change their diapers?

Poor kid.

Obama is a PRAGMATIST. He also didn't like personal mandate and wanted a public option, but when rubber met the road ACA in the current form, was the only workable framework from practical and political perspectives, so he gave it a full support and effort.

After Trump won Obama came out many times and challenged Republicans:

If you can in fact put a plan together that is demonstrably better than what Obamacare is doing, I will publicly support repealing Obamacare and replacing it with your plan.

Last edited:

Fucktard idiocy.

Poor kid.

Obama is a PRAGMATIST. He also didn't like personal mandate and wanted a public option, but when rubber met the road ACA in the current form, was the only workable framework from practical and political perspectives, so he gave it a full support and effort.

If you can in fact put a plan together that is demonstrably better than what Obamacare is doing, I will publicly support repealing Obamacare and replacing it with your plan.

LOL. I've proven you incorrect and showed you what his goal was/is. I've written thousands of these plans and watched the industry steadily slide. Many States now only have one insurer doing business the State and the Exchanges are steadily closing. The Companies are pulling out of the market because they cannot make any money, the promised dollars coming back to them through the "Risk Corridors" have not materialized, they have received less than 12% of the dollars promised.

The ACA was the vehicle and stepping stone used to facilitate the eventual outcome he wanted.

You are dismissed as you know nothing about the topic.

Fucktard idiocy.

Poor kid.

I've written thousands of these plans and watched the industry steadily slide.

Are you drunk?

When Obama says "plan" he is talking about the plan to replace ACA law - you have certainly not written "thousands of these plans" so wtf are you talking about?

Fucktard idiocy.

Poor kid.

The ACA was (again) the vehicle he /they (including Repubs) used/are using to take down the system.

Are you drunk?

When Obama says "plan" he is talking about the plan to replace ACA law - you have certainly not written "thousands of these plans" so wtf are you talking about?

LOL, yes, I have written "thousands" of these plans. The ACA was/is the vehicle being used by the Gov to bring down the industry so that they/he could/can step in with the Government "solution", in my opinion a Medicare for all type plan. Exchanges are indeed shutting down across the country and Insurers are indeed pulling out of the Individual Health Care business. If anyone is "drunk" son it's you, you have no idea as to what you are talking about, you have no idea how any of it works.

Fucktard idiocy.

Poor kid.

The ACA was (again) the vehicle he /they (including Repubs) used/are using to take down the system.

Are you drunk?

LOL, yes, I have written "thousands" of these plans. The ACA was/is the vehicle being used by the Gov to bring down the industry so that they/he could/can step in with the Government "solution", in my opinion a Medicare for all type plan. Exchanges are indeed shutting down across the country and Insurers are indeed pulling out of the Individual Health Care business. If anyone is "drunk" son it's you, you have no idea as to what you are talking about, you have no idea how any of it works.

What the...? Ok crazy, give me an example of ONE plan that you wrote that is a credible alternative to ACA. :rolleyes:

Poor kid.

Are you drunk?

What the...? Ok crazy, give me an example of ONE plan that you wrote that is a credible alternative to ACA. :rolleyes:

Why are you trying to change the subject? The ACA is failing (as designed), when I first arrived here and in the first ACA thread I participated in I made it clear that the realities on the ground were going to slap Trump upside his head and that they would NOT be able to simply repeal and replace it. That ship has sailed. I actually foresee a Medicare for all type plan administered by select major companies, probably BSBC, AETNA/COVENTRY, UHC. This is why we have seen a consolidation of competition instead of an increase in competition as promised.

The industries fate was sealed the moment the 80/20 rule was imposed upon the insurers meaning that 80% of al premium dollars are MANDATED to be spent on claims.

Are you drunk?

Why are you trying to change the subject?

Fucking idiot, you just said that you wrote 1000s plans to replace Obamacare, I'm asking for ONE example and you reply that I'm diverting something?

Is anyone home at all? Or is this some sort of random sentence generating machine I'm dealing with.

Are you drunk?

Fucking idiot, you just said that you wrote 1000s plans to replace Obamacare, I'm asking for ONE example and you reply that I'm diverting something?

Is anyone home at all? What is your malfunction?

Show where I said that there was anything but perhaps a Medicare Style plan coming. I'll wait for you to quote it.

Are you drunk?

Show where I said that there was anything but perhaps a Medicare Style plan coming. I'll wait for you to quote it.

Are you drunk?

LOL, yes, I have written "thousands" of these plans.

Insurance companies are pulling out because they can't make enough money in this system. They want a system where they can make MORE money.

Where do suppose that 'more' money has to come from?

Are you drunk?

Are you drunk?

Good lord....

"Fucking idiot, you just said that you wrote 1000s plans to replace Obamacare, I'm asking for ONE example and you reply that I'm diverting something?

Is anyone home at all? What is your malfunction?"

I said I've written thousands of plans and the context of that was the ACA, seriously, you are ill prepared for this. I have written thousands of plans since the 2013 inception of the ACA, you are a dense one, aren't you. Nowhere did I say I've written anything that "replaced" the ACA. Try and follow the conversation son. If you insist on this , show where I said anything about writing "replacement" plans , there AREN'T any yet. Insureds can indeed purchase Temp plans, but by doing so they incur the penalty because they are not compliant.

Are you drunk?

Are you drunk?

Good lord....

"Fucking idiot, you just said that you wrote 1000s plans to replace Obamacare, I'm asking for ONE example and you reply that I'm diverting something?

I said I've written thousands of plans and the context of that was the ACA, seriously, you are ill prepared for this. I have written thousands of plans since the 2013 inception of the ACA, you are a dense one, aren't you. Nowhere did I say I've written anything that "replaced" the ACA. Try and follow the conversation son. If you insist on this , show where I said anything about writing "replacement" plans , there AREN'T any yet. Insureds can indeed purchase Temp plans, but by doing so they incur the penalty because they are not compliant.

NOOOO, the context of it are PLANS TO REPLACE OBAMACARE.

Are you drunk?

Are you drunk?

Good lord....

NOOOO, the context of it are PLANS TO REPLACE OBAMACARE.

Here's where I came in kid, I suggest you go back and read our exchanges in their entirety. What you'll find is that the ONLY replacement I've talked about is the "Medicare For All" probability. Seriously, keep up.

Forum List

Back