Why Obamacare is failing.

Cut the bullshit, the prime reason ACA market is sputtering right now is due to huge uncertainties.

How can carriers possibly plan to open new plans while nobody knows what will happen with the law and (market it creates) tomorrow

Holy shit that's a candidate for whopper lie of the year. Health insurance companies have been bailing out of Obamacare for a couple of years now you lying leftwit.

Why? Because they are losing money on Obamacare. Every health insurance company that has pulled out says the same thing, too many mooching sick people sign up vs too few healthy people = massive losses.

So stop lying libs stop lying out your big fat lying mouths and take responsibility for Obamacare, you own it now eat it.

Cut the bullshit, the prime reason ACA market is sputtering right now is due to huge uncertainties.

How can carriers possibly plan to open new plans while nobody knows what will happen with the law and (market it creates) tomorrow

Pfui. Insurers have been pulling out for years. That fact alone demolishes your argument.

One after another different insurance companies have withdrawn from the ACA marketplace. Those shopping on the website saw choices dwindle and options vanish.

There was only one way the ACA would work, and that one way was the one they decided to avoid hoping for a true socialized medicine program sometime in the future.

Well here is one:

151124_United-Health-Expansion_v3.png

Gee, if exchanges were so financially ruinous why does this one keep expanding?

Um you know United Healthcare was pulling out this year don't you?

Aetna Joins Other Major Insurers In Pulling Back From Obamacare

UnitedHealth Group said in April it planned to pull out of ACA marketplaces in most states, and just last month Humana, which covers about 800,000 people, said it will cut back its offerings to just a handful of counties

You were saying?

No, I didn't know that, however:

Original claim

"Pfui. Insurers have been pulling out for years. " is still false.

There was an expansion of offered plans and participants after exchanges launched, there was some contraction after that, but certainly nothing catastrophic that could not be addressed...but now that it became impossible to plan anything a leak is fast becoming a full out sink.

Here is where you whether knowingly or not moved from the original topic to what you're claiming now. I don't get distracted and I don't fall for deflections. I will however give you the benefit if the doubt that unknowingly attempted to change the direction for whatever reason.

Holy shit that's a candidate for whopper lie of the year. Health insurance companies have been bailing out of Obamacare for a couple of years now you lying leftwit.

Why? Because they are losing money on Obamacare. Every health insurance company that has pulled out says the same thing, too many mooching sick people sign up vs too few healthy people = massive losses.

So stop lying libs stop lying out your big fat lying mouths and take responsibility for Obamacare, you own it now eat it.

True believers can never be dissuaded no matter what facts you show them.

I will repeat to you my simple question:

How can carriers possibly plan to open new plans while nobody knows what will happen with the law and (market it creates) tomorrow?

The answer is THEY CAN'T. DUH. And THAT is currently problem #1 with individual healthcare market.

Last edited:

How can carriers possibly plan to open new plans while nobody knows what will happen with the law and (market it creates) tomorrow?

The answer is THEY CAN'T. DUH.

Meaning you know I am right about the direction the conversation took.
Now as to your question, said Carriers are PULLING out, they aren't interested in any "New Plans", they can't even cover the cost of the claims they are incurring, let alone their over head.

Now as to your question, said Carriers are PULLING out, they aren't interested in any "New Plans", they can't even cover the cost of the claims they are incurring, let alone their over head.

Lol and exactly how the fuck would you know what carriers would have done in absence of current huge market uncertainty Republicans are causing?

The biggest health insurers are freaking out about the uncertainty surrounding Obamacare's repeal

"We have no intention of being in the market for 2018," Aetna CEO Mark Bertolini said during his company's earnings call on Tuesday. "Currently, where we stand, we'd have to have markets worked up ... prices worked up for April 2017 to apply, and there is no possible way that we'll be able to do that given the unclear nature [of where] that regulation is headed."

Again, the coverages are standardized and are designated by an assigned Metal designation.
Platinum.
Gold.
Silver'
Bronze.

All have the same basic ten requirements, the differences revolve around the deductibles.

Again, the coverages are standardized and are designated by an assigned Metal designation.
Platinum.
Gold.
Silver'
Bronze.

All have the same basic ten requirements, the differences revolve around the deductibles.

Again, nobody knows what the fuck is your point.

"We have no intention of being in the market for 2018," Aetna CEO Mark Bertolini said during his company's earnings call on Tuesday. "Currently, where we stand, we'd have to have markets worked up ... prices worked up for April 2017 to apply, and there is no possible way that we'll be able to do that given the unclear nature [of where] that regulation is headed."

The biggest health insurers are freaking out about the uncertainty surrounding Obamacare's repeal

Lol and exactly how the fuck would you know what carriers would have done in absence of current huge market uncertainty Republicans are causing?

Son, they are pulling OUT of the market and the exchanges. They cannot make any money with it's current structure.
They were promised loss reimbursements through the "risk corridors", to date they have received less than 12% of the promised money. Some States now have only ONE Carrier participating. All of the major companies except Kaiser have pulled out of some States. BCBS, UHC/Golden Rule, Coventry/Aetna and recently Humana announced it is pulling out of Florida.

BULLSHIT^

Mario Molina, CEO of Molina Healthcare, told Politico's Victoria Colliver that despite being successful on the exchanges, his company may not stick with the ACA if its future is unclear.

"People keep asking me, 'Are you going to stay in?'" Molina told Politico. "I don't know. It's kind of like asking whether you're going to buy a car in 2018. I'm not going to commit to something when I don't know what the product looks like."

Platinum.
Gold.
Silver'
Bronze.

Again, nobody knows what the fuck is your point.

This I all over your head son. You just posted a source proving MY contentions.

They were promised loss reimbursements through the "risk corridors", to date they have received less than 12% of the promised money. S

BECAUSE REPUBLICANS FUCKED THEM OVER:

GOP seeks to block ObamaCare settlements with insurers

Just another example of punching holes while talking about a sinking shit.

BULLSHIT^

Mario Molina, CEO of Molina Healthcare, told Politico's Victoria Colliver that despite being successful on the exchanges, his company may not stick with the ACA if its future is unclear.

"People keep asking me, 'Are you going to stay in?'" Molina told Politico. "I don't know. It's kind of like asking whether you're going to buy a car in 2018. I'm not going to commit to something when I don't know what the product looks like."

Again, this is all over your head son, sorry.

BULLSHIT^

No it isn't dumabass - I gave a clear example of an insurance company that was profitable yet cannot commit to anything for 2018 enrollment due to current market uncertainty.

They were promised loss reimbursements through the "risk corridors", to date they have received less than 12% of the promised money. S

Good lord. The Republican's had nothing to do with the Risk Corridors. The money was supposed to be provided through Premiums and the Penalties collected for non-compliance of consumers. Your article is from last October, the losses have been accruing since 2013. The Gov never collected enough money to pay them.

BULLSHIT^

No it isn't dumabass - I gave a clear example of an insurance company that was profitable yet cannot commit to anything for 2018 enrollment due to current market uncertainty.

Sure kid, one company versus the dozens that have already pulled completely out well before Trump came in. This is all over your head son.

Good lord. The Republican's had nothing to do with the Risk Corridors. The money was supposed to be provided through Premiums and the Penalties collected for non-compliance of consumers. Your article is from last October, the losses have been accruing since 2013. The Gov never collected enough money to pay them.

Again bullshit

Conservatives have condemned the use of the judgment fund as an attempt to get around Congress, which passed legislation in a funding bill in 2014 to limit the administration’s ability to pay out money to insurers under the risk corridor program.

All they had to do was agree with Obama admin to cover the risk corridor re-imbursement promised by the ACA and insurance companies wouldn't be left holding the entire bag.

The answer is THEY CAN'T. DUH. And THAT is currently problem #1 with individual healthcare market.

You libs its like talking to a brick, too many sick people, too few healthy people = failure. You people live in a fantasy world.

BULLSHIT^

Sure kid, one company versus the dozens that have already pulled completely out well before Trump came in. This is all over your head son.

Number of companies is not the point. The point is that currently past profitability is not the issue. NO ONE can offer any new plans, individual market is in state of paralysis of Republican making.

Forum List

Back