Why pence is okay with FEMA camps for immigrant kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very desperate one

That is just a guess on your part, and not a very well supported one. Mexico is a big country, and not all of it is shit.
Ok so what’s your theory? What kind of parent takes a kid on a dangerous journey?

A crap one, if not even NOT a parent, as seems to often be the case.
So the point of this question of yours is to demonize all those coming over and paint them as either traffickers or crappy people?

Have you been to the border and seen these people? Spoken to them? Seen live coverage of interviews? Anything? Where are you drawing these conclusions from?

From the knowledge that it is a dangerous and illegal trek, that no good parent would take their child on.

Thus, pointing that out, is not "demonizing" them, but judging them on their actions.
Your judging them on their actions with no experience or understanding of who they are where they come from and why they are doing what they are doing.

Republicans like to torture young children

They used to torture Muslims, now they torture young Mexicans

So, what kind of parent delivers her child to US then?

Stupid or evil?

Or are you just throwing shit like a monkey?

chimp_throwing_rock_corbis.jpg
I asked you that and you didn’t answer. What kind of parent do you think makes the trek?

I did answer that, and I also asked RW the same question. What part of that was hard for you to follow?
The part when you said you answered which you didn’t until I asked a second time.

Mmm, yeah. You know, some of us do have other shit to do, that takes us away from the computer for a time.

That is just a guess on your part, and not a very well supported one. Mexico is a big country, and not all of it is shit.
Ok so what’s your theory? What kind of parent takes a kid on a dangerous journey?

So the point of this question of yours is to demonize all those coming over and paint them as either traffickers or crappy people?

Have you been to the border and seen these people? Spoken to them? Seen live coverage of interviews? Anything? Where are you drawing these conclusions from?

From the knowledge that it is a dangerous and illegal trek, that no good parent would take their child on.

Thus, pointing that out, is not "demonizing" them, but judging them on their actions.
Your judging them on their actions with no experience or understanding of who they are where they come from and why they are doing what they are doing.

I know that there are very few "experiences" that would lead a good parent to putting their child's life in danger.

Republicans like to torture young children

They used to torture Muslims, now they torture young Mexicans

So, what kind of parent delivers her child to US then?

Stupid or evil?

Or are you just throwing shit like a monkey?

chimp_throwing_rock_corbis.jpg
I asked you that and you didn’t answer. What kind of parent do you think makes the trek?

I did answer that, and I also asked RW the same question. What part of that was hard for you to follow?
The part when you said you answered which you didn’t until I asked a second time.

Mmm, yeah. You know, some of us do have other shit to do, that takes us away from the computer for a time.
That’s fine... but don’t say you answered when you didn't and then act like I’m not following the conversation.

I know that there are very few "experiences" that would lead a good parent to putting their child's life in danger.
Well unless you do the work to try and understand what’s going on you really don’t know. You’re coming from a place of ignorance

Well unless you do the work to try and understand what’s going on you really don’t know. You’re coming from a place of ignorance

I did the work of trying to imagine situations that would lead to me taking my child on a walk though a desert where I know people sometimes die.

When I was done, I judged parents that did that, as crap.

That bit where you judged me, without knowing what you were talking about? That was you, coming from a place of ignorance.

I did the work of trying to imagine situations that would lead to me taking my child on a walk though a desert where I know people sometimes die.

That bit where you judged me, without knowing what you were talking about? That was you, coming from a place of ignorance.
Well that’s the problem. You tried to imagine what would drive YOU to do it. But these people have a very different life experience than you. It would be like me, a white male, saying that I tried to imagine what it’s like being a single black mother... and the judging her actions and motivations... no, that’s not going to work.

Well that’s the problem. You tried to imagine what would drive YOU to do it. But these people have a very different life experience than you. It would be like me, a white male, saying that I tried to imagine what it’s like being a single black mother... and the judging her actions and motivations... no, that’s not going to work.

Then what was that shit about me doing the work? Just some shit you said to have an excuse to slam me?

Also, I reject your opinion that we cannot judge other people with empathy and reason. That way lies madness.

Then what was that shit about me doing the work? Just some shit you said to have an excuse to slam me?

Also, I reject your opinion that we cannot judge other people with empathy and reason. That way lies madness.
Because if you want to understand why somebody does something then ask them! Or engage with them. Or at least watch others interviewing and engaging with them. Learn about their experience and motivations from them not from imagining what you would do. That’s what I mean by putting in the work.

Empathy is developed by listening and learning about the perspectives and challenges of others. Not just imagining what you’d do.

What kind of parent, takes a kid on a dangerous trek across a desert with dangerous criminals?

when their 'home' is even more dangerous.

Latin America is shit Third World. But it is not a war zone. Hundreds of millions of people live in peace thought the region.

Central America’s Violent Northern Triangle

Latin America Is the Murder Capital of the World

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-a-new-report-investigates-why/?noredirect=on

Why Are People Fleeing Central America? A New Breed of Gangs Is Taking Over.

when your son is forced to be part of a violent gang or gets killed if he doesn't.... or your daughter is living with the constant threat of rape... then ya - a parent just might want to flee & rightfully so.

Because if you want to understand why somebody does something then ask them! Or engage with them. Or at least watch others interviewing and engaging with them. Learn about their experience and motivations from them not from imagining what you would do. That’s what I mean by putting in the work.

None of that would change the fact that I don't have their "life experience".

YOUR STANDARD.

So, if in your world, it is impossible for me to understand their motivations,

is it equally impossible for them to understand mine? Or is that different?

A very desperate one

you're nuts & i'm doubting you have children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back