Zone1 Why Protestants annoy me (and other Catholics)

If that is the only church, then who are all those churches Christ talks to in Revelation? And why isn't the Catholic church one of them?

When things were normal in the Catholic world, ie Catholics had the Vatican,

obviously, there were more Churches in the world than just the ones @ the Vatican.

And all Catholic churches are different insome way or another. But they all USED to (until 1958) teach thesame things:

you have to be baptized
infants are also
7 Sacraments
must die in state of grace, no unrepented of mortal sins or you end up in Hell

etc... etc..

Today, who knows what you get w/ any given Catholic Church, unless you attend Mass at a Sedevacantist Church. Then you get the real deal.

The Douay Rheims is the best (most faithful to the original languages Jesus spoke: Hebrew/Aramaic)

There is a lot of Catholicism there in both Old and New T (though that word is obviously not there)...

undoubtedly, that is why many protestants don't like that version
That's an OPINION. If you have the Spirit and you read, you'll glean the truth. That version hasn't helped in your case. You seem unable to learn

When things were normal in the Catholic world, ie Catholics had the Vatican,

obviously, there were more Churches in the world than just the ones @ the Vatican.

And all Catholic churches are different insome way or another. But they all USED to (until 1958) teach thesame things:

you have to be baptized
infants are also
7 Sacraments
must die in state of grace, no unrepented of mortal sins or you end up in Hell

etc... etc..

Today, who knows what you get w/ any given Catholic Church, unless you attend Mass at a Sedevacantist Church. Then you get the real deal.
That doesn't answer my question. The 7 churches in Revelation are refered to as the 7 candlesticks. Jesus points out their good and bad qualities. The Catholic Church doesn't even get an honorable mention...

well, you show your ignorance, Irish Ram

Why don't you study what Catholicism really is b4 running your mouth about it?

sheez...

It would take me weeks of nothing but typing to explain where I am at.. that is FAR from where protestants are at... and even some Catholics...

you see, I'm the kind of person who investigates things.. exhaustively, until I get it... really get it

That doesn't answer my question. The 7 churches in Revelation are refered to as the 7 candlesticks. Jesus points out their good and bad qualities. The Catholic Church doesn't even get an honorable mention...
Could it be that way because the Catholic Church has had a long standing hand in work in genetics, the foundation of the evolution of man, and that the official position of the Catholic Church supports evolution.

The Douay Rheims is the best (most faithful to the original languages Jesus spoke: Hebrew/Aramaic)

There is a lot of Catholicism there in both Old and New T (though that word is obviously not there)...

undoubtedly, that is why many protestants don't like that version
Here is the problem. If you can’t get the entire community of Christian’s to agree on Very important concepts relative to your god, it’s no different than the disagreement you have Judaism or Hindus or anyother version of god.

Here is the problem. If you can’t get the entire community of Christian’s to agree on Very important concepts relative to your god, it’s no different than the disagreement you have Judaism or Hindus or anyother version of god.
one cannot focus on what humans are doing

you will go bat**** crazy

“ Hell” was derived to control the behavior of the masses when there was no central govt to do so.
no, it exists. God has given me a personal revelation... and no, I'm not going to share it here bc I learned a long time ago that all people do is scoff and laugh and ridicule and argue w/... most of what I say... not in the mood

one cannot focus on what humans are doing

you will go bat**** crazy
Pretty much keeping up with any religion will drive you bat ****crazy. At least those who have gone through some kind of a reformation are much less offensive.

like I said, I don't feel like going through the same old BS I've been through b4 when I've ..

"shared"
I was under the impression that communications with a god was not only pleasant, but Devine, revealing worth looking forward to. Maybe I’ve been watching too many movies.

Pretty much keeping up with any religion will drive you bat ****crazy. At least those who have gone through some kind of a reformation are much less offensive.
not sure I get this.. I was talking about focusing on PEOPLE, not religion.

no religion can drive you nuts if you don't let it

People.. my goodness.. one cannot escape them entirely... love them, don't alwayss like them...

I was under the impression that communications with a god was not only pleasant, but Devine, revealing worth looking forward to. Maybe I’ve been watching too many movies.
who said anything about communicating with "a god"?

sheez... you're sounding like some of the ... words fail.. but some of the more annoying posters here

There is one huge reason. Jesus Christ was dead. Then He came back to prove He is who He said He is.
And this essentially happened during a time when less then 1% of the population could read or write and we were left to their interpretation along with word of mouth “ evidence “. I’m not disagreeing with what happened, I’m only saying that a god of that stature and capability should be able to reveal himself using better means to literally, everyone.
Every religion including Christianity has little evidentiary backing. All without exception require a high degree of “ faith”.

Really, we go through our entire lives, literally dozens of times a day only doing things that has evidentiary support….
Why do you look askance at anyone who questions your assertions. It‘s natural. We give up smoking, drinking and driving too fast based upon evidence and not the idea that we live or die based on the whim of a god. You are no exception. You need to question every aspect of any religion…

Forum List

Back