Why Right Wing Is Petrified of Letting Voters, Not Electoral College, Pick Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you trying to be a lawyer? Do you really think the courts will look at a deliberate agreement, written into the laws in the states that are participating in this fiasco, that it will not happen until enough states agree, and that each state must report its vote total to the other states, and not conclude that is a compact?

no, i'd never try to be a lawyer; i lack the fundamental amorality.

having not read the proposed legislation, i won't comment on the specifics, but i would say that a compact, as referred to in the constitution, would require a signed agreement between 2 or more states.

Del for President! :):):)

lol

i think the electoral college is just fine the way it is, btw.

Oh we have a name for people that cook like that.....shoemakers. Their food tastes like the soles of shoes. Shoe soles are more tender than the meat they cooked. You get the point.
My late father was a butcher, and if the meat was as tough as shoe leather then it was probably a bad cut of meat to begin with.

As a child I had no trouble mastering making the delicate flaky shells for cannolis, for example, cooking meat was a lot easier.

080713WEB-LS-CoconutTaste02_t607.jpg

sooo you're still working mastering that first cannoli?

this thread is starting to make me hungry

I trust my observations more than your bullshit fantasy.

Uh huh.....so you are suggesting that universities are not dominated by liberal instructors, liberal administrators, and a liberal agenda? I assume you got your GED and left it at that.
No university I attended was dominated by Libs, and as a Physicist, I suspect I'm much better educated than you could ever hope to be.

:rolleyes:.....well you do play to type, gotta give you that. You may be a physicist but it hasn't stopped you from getting your ass handed to you any number of times on a range of topics, by a college drop out no less.....go figure. :lol:

if you were really a quarter smart as you think you are, you would have realized how ridiculous your statement is and never had made it.

no, i'd never try to be a lawyer; i lack the fundamental amorality.

having not read the proposed legislation, i won't comment on the specifics, but i would say that a compact, as referred to in the constitution, would require a signed agreement between 2 or more states.

Del for President! :):):)

lol

i think the electoral college is just fine the way it is, btw.
New Rule. :lol:
No complaining then how a President can lose the popular vote and still win the Election.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I live in a Big City, and I generally Vote Conservative. I am not alone, a Minority here, true, but not alone. Consider that. When we learn to limit what Government can do in playing favorites, and bribing people for support, that effect will be reduced. Remember the Millions who don't even vote anymore because of disillusionment. That has big potential.

That will never happen. Democracy is a machine that only goes in one direction: bigger government and more spending. It will continue in that direction until it implodes.

Expecting the bottom 51% of the electorate to make good decisions is a fool's errand, and they are the people who run a country under democracy.

My late father was a butcher, and if the meat was as tough as shoe leather then it was probably a bad cut of meat to begin with.

As a child I had no trouble mastering making the delicate flaky shells for cannolis, for example, cooking meat was a lot easier.

080713WEB-LS-CoconutTaste02_t607.jpg

sooo you're still working mastering that first cannoli?

this thread is starting to make me hungry

I am having pastry right now, quite good, the filling is boffo.........Cambodian (yup Cambodian) guy, opened a doughnut shop here in Berkeley 10 years ago, Dream Fluff Doughnuts...hes at it by 300 am every morning opens at 400 am..... hes added 5 lbs to my weight since I started here.....fucker...:lol:

I live in a Big City, and I generally Vote Conservative. I am not alone, a Minority here, true, but not alone. Consider that. When we learn to limit what Government can do in playing favorites, and bribing people for support, that effect will be reduced. Remember the Millions who don't even vote anymore because of disillusionment. That has big potential.

That will never happen. Democracy is a machine that only goes in one direction: bigger government and more spending. It will continue in that direction until it implodes.

Expecting the bottom 51% of the electorate to make good decisions is a fool's errand, and they are the people who run a country under democracy.

quite right, your lordship

:cuckoo:

Letting voters pick presidents makes sense to me.

Do some research on why we have a bicameral Legislative Branch of government Lakhota. I don't think Rhode Island, Wyoming, Alaska, New Hampshire, Connecticut, etc really feel like being bullied to death by what is in New York and California's best interests.

Ah so..minority representation in the Senate which gives a good amount of weight to small states isn't enough?

I find it amazing that the very people who insist that most Americans are conservatives shudder at the thought of a popular vote replacing the electoral college.

:lol:

There's an abundance of empirical evidence to support my position.

Sallow is on a quest to bless every fire hydrant in Brooklyn, and then Queens. :D

There's an abundance of empirical evidence to support my position.

most definitely, your grace

<tugs forelock>

Ah so..minority representation in the Senate which gives a good amount of weight to small states isn't enough?

That doesn't matter. This proposition is not in the interests of small states, so they aren't going to approve it.

Apparently, the GOP still considers the population to be too uneducated and stupid to choose a President.... which WAS THE REASON for the Electoral College to begin with. Most people couldn't even read back then.

I consider the average American to be too uneducated and stupid to understand politics and therefore be too ignorant to cast an educated vote and I am a college professor. Most American's don't even understand enough about their own system of government to know what branch of government has what authorities. If you asked 100 random people on the street what Solyndra, Fast and Furious, and Cap and Trade refers to I would bet that 5% could explain all of them, 10% could explain two of them, and 20% could explain one of them.
The uneducated have issues that must be heard, understood and acted upon by leaders just like the well educated. Discrimination in voting is one of the major causes of upheavals in the world. Although the educated may make the better decision in the voting booth, it is for naught if the rest of the country does not support that decision.

Letting voters pick presidents makes sense to me.
A popular-vote means the Majority rules....obviously.

You (actually) trust the Majority-opinion, in this Country....consistently?

You (actually) believe the "bullshit" (from Corporate America....attempting to sway voters) would be less deep, if a popular-vote was enacted....seriously?

Think about it, this way.....A lynch-mob is a majority.

Why would anyone want the people of NYC, Chicago & LA to pick the President every 4 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back