Why Scott Walker's Views On Evolution Are Totally Relevant

Sure, a college biology professor tried and three students stood up and told him to stop right then and there, or they would walk out and go straight to the department chair. East Texas State University at Commerce back in the mid 1990s. Look it up.

I am sure there are plenty of examples.

And I know that ID and Creationism are part of comparative religion classes.

What's your point?
A college biology professor.

Last time I looked, College was not a requirement.

Biology deals with the nature of the living organism. Not how that organism came to be. The professor was an idiot.

But then, you have Professors who preach liberal politics about healthcare in business management classes....

I think you missed the point I was making...

So, tell Me when a high school or elementary school incorporated creationism into a biology class.

By incorporating, I mean that it is part of the lesson plan drawn up at the beginning of the school year.

And the same with militant atheism: it is subject worthy of ridicule.

Yes, questioning fairy tales from the Bronze Age and logically fallacies in the bible... why that's just ridiculous.

We should totally accept a book that includes talking snakes, talking donkeys, every animal in teh world being fit into small boat, and a thousand other ridiculous things because... um... respecting other people's beliefs. Yeah.
Actually, guy . . . those are your silly words.

You can no more prove God does not exist than someone can prove that God does.

It is impossible to prove non-existence.
Immaterial.

Sure, a college biology professor tried and three students stood up and told him to stop right then and there, or they would walk out and go straight to the department chair. East Texas State University at Commerce back in the mid 1990s. Look it up.

I am sure there are plenty of examples.

And I know that ID and Creationism are part of comparative religion classes.

What's your point?
A college biology professor.

Last time I looked, College was not a requirement.

Biology deals with the nature of the living organism. Not how that organism came to be. The professor was an idiot.

But then, you have Professors who preach liberal politics about healthcare in business management classes....

I think you missed the point I was making...

So, tell Me when a high school or elementary school incorporated creationism into a biology class.

By incorporating, I mean that it is part of the lesson plan drawn up at the beginning of the school year.

Now you want to change the question?

And you want to answer the changed question?

Not how it works, Einstein.

Creationism should be taught in comparative religion or a liberal arts class if it is taught.

What are Walker's views on evolution? Post sources.
Shouldn't he be responsible enough to clarify his own position? if you are firmly on one side or the other, why say 'punt'? Unless you want to later pander to the anti-knowledge cadre of Conservatives.
What are Walker's views on evolution? Why is it even important to know? What are Obama's views on broccoli?

The next questions are do you believe in science do you think non christians are going to hell do you think america is a christian nation do you think a woman should have the right to choose do you believe in stem cell.

It matters very much what his answer is.

Obama doesn't like broccoli.

No, it doesn't matter except to people who fear opinions other than their own.
Fear? We want to know if we agree with the retard before we vote for him.

Why did it matter if Obama was a Muslim to you guys?
Why should it matter to you? You wouldn't consider voting for him, even if he ran against the corpse of Democrat George Wallace. He has an "R" after his name. You just want ammo to pound him with in the press because you know there is no Democrat candidate with his record of success.

Ernie S, all candidates in the parties get vetted, for good or bad.

Walker, much to my surprise, has impressed me somewhat.

Still I would like to know where he stands on science.

Walkers views on evolution and religion are only relevant when and if they affect his decisions as Governor. Do you believe atheist should be subject to scrutiny and ridicule for their beliefs when they are in a position of power?

Silly beliefs don't become LESS silly because you dress them up in vestments and call them "Religion".

latest
Can't answer the question? OK Joey. Have a cookie and shut up.

I thought I answered the question pretty well. I'm sorry, that as usual, it went ovver your head, Cleetus.
What you claim to be thought is what I do after eating 3 bowls of stewed prunes.

Please don't think any more without turning on the exhaust fans, OK?

So your morality compels you to attack and ridicule the beliefs of others?

How reasonable and logical. Have another cookie, little one.

Absolutely right. Because they are deserving of ridicule, and because they've done so much harm.

The best way to render religion harmless is to make it a subject of ridicule.
I suppose you may be right, Joe. You have been pretty much rendered harmless during your tenure here at USMB.

So no far left drone can post where Walker has tried to change the law so that evolution would be replaced with creationism.

Come on not one far left drone can prove their propaganda?

So no far left drone can post where Walker has tried to change the law so that evolution would be replaced with creationism.

Actually, Walker may believe in evolution - but he won't confirm or deny.

Actually, Walker may believe in evolution - but he won't confirm or deny.
That is of course the fact that it can ruin him in the Iowa caucuses as some sort of "liberal" nut.

Of course they can't. and just last week they had republicans wanting to ban abortion again. this week it's back to shutting down the government, cutting food out the mouth of children, cutting monies for education, homosexuals is back as if that is top priority on the minds of the people in this country and blaaa blaaa blaaa

how they can be led so easily by others is scary. but that's how we got some frikken junior Senator community agatating thug in as President.

It was our party's silly billies like you, Stephanie, that we ended up with Obama twice.

purposely vague answers to perfectly phrased questions.
Irrelevant questions deserve no answers.
The truth is you couldnt give a shit about his views. You're just hoping for something so you can stick a label like "anti science whacko" on him. If some woman comes forward and claims that Walker pinched her ass in junior highschool you'd claim he was unfit for the presidency.
I disagree. the question is relevant and legitimate. We voters deserve to know the positions candidates take on the issues. Because you are frightened by the answers, you shout "Irrelevant". declare victory and clear the field.

Some might be looking for dirt to use against a candidate, but not me specifically. Are you suggesting that finding dirt on a candidate is something no respectable Conservative voter would do? Where's your birth certificate?

How is evolution an "issue"?
If Creationism was about to be taught in a science class in your schools by state mandate, would you be concerned about the quality of education offered there? While Conservatives whine and rail about perceived 'indoctrination' at institutions of higher learning, they have no objections to science cirriculae that does not teach science. Modern people want contemporary science taught. Not alchemy, not sorcery and certainly not mythology.
If creationism was taught, I would point out that the school is doing the correct thing in teaching young minds to think critically about everything, and not lock their minds into their own preconceived notions of reality.

Forbidding any subject in a school designed to open the mind of students based solely upon hatred is not what I would call a quality education.

I simply don't understand the unreasonable hatred shown by a tiny sect of this country against religion. What does it matter to anyone what others believe.
To be fair, I have ALWAYS said that teaching Creationism in public schools by mandate is fine, if it is taught in a Philosophy class, but never in a Science class. Science is science and Creatuonism is mythology. We have been able to see the difference since the Enlightenment.

I bear no hatred toward Creationism. Notice I capitalize it out of respect.

But Science is science and Creationism is mythology. We have been seeing the difference since the Enlightenment. The argument is not about forbidding teaching anything. God knows we crave and deserve to think as broadly and as critically as humanly possible.

But Creationism does not rise to the threshold of science and the scientific method. A method that has brought all the wonders of the man made environment we share on this glorious planet. And a method that has given mankind a quantifiable and qualifiable way of understanding this planet with all its wonders.

Creationism is one of many scriptural myths among every culture. Isn't teaching the Judeo-Christian myth as science, while relegating the creation myths of other cultures to their appropriate place in Philosophy, a way of the state establishing a religion, and therefore unconstitional?

The truth is you couldnt give a shit about his views. You're just hoping for something so you can stick a label like "anti science whacko" on him. If some woman comes forward and claims that Walker pinched her ass in junior highschool you'd claim he was unfit for the presidency.
I disagree. the question is relevant and legitimate. We voters deserve to know the positions candidates take on the issues. Because you are frightened by the answers, you shout "Irrelevant". declare victory and clear the field.

Some might be looking for dirt to use against a candidate, but not me specifically. Are you suggesting that finding dirt on a candidate is something no respectable Conservative voter would do? Where's your birth certificate?

If Creationism was about to be taught in a science class in your schools by state mandate, would you be concerned about the quality of education offered there? While Conservatives whine and rail about perceived 'indoctrination' at institutions of higher learning, they have no objections to science cirriculae that does not teach science. Modern people want contemporary science taught. Not alchemy, not sorcery and certainly not mythology.
If creationism was taught, I would point out that the school is doing the correct thing in teaching young minds to think critically about everything, and not lock their minds into their own preconceived notions of reality.

Forbidding any subject in a school designed to open the mind of students based solely upon hatred is not what I would call a quality education.

I simply don't understand the unreasonable hatred shown by a tiny sect of this country against religion. What does it matter to anyone what others believe.
To be fair, I have ALWAYS said that teaching Creationism in public schools by mandate is fine, if it is taught in a Philosophy class, but never in a Science class. Science is science and Creatuonism is mythology. We have been able to see the difference since the Enlightenment.

But Science is science and Creationism is mythology. We have been seeing the difference since the Enlightenment. The argument is not about forbidding teaching anything. God knows we crave and deserve to think as broadly and as critically as humanly possible.

But Creationism does not rise to the threshold of science and the scientific method. A method that has brought all the wonders of the man made environment we share on this glorious planet. And a method that has given mankind a quantifiable and qualifiable way of understanding this planet with all its wonders.

Creationism is one of many scriptural myths among every culture. Isn't teaching the Judeo-Christian myth as science, while relegating the creation myths of other cultures to their appropriate place in Philosophy, a way of the state establishing a religion, and therefore unconstitional?

Who said he did or would make such a change?

Are you using "God knows" as just an expression, or do you beleive that God really knows.......?

Now the far left tries to deny their own propaganda..

See how dangerous the far left religion truly is...

Now the far left tries to deny their own propaganda..

See how dangerous the far left religion truly is...
the are so out of ideas. we go through this crap with evolution every frikken Presidential election. I think the the people want to know about jobs and how they are going to feed their families in this gawdawful economy under Obama. and they will also be looking for someone who will repeal all the NEW TAXES he has laid on their backs. they didn't kick Democrats out of Congress just for SHIT'S AND GRINS. they are PISSED

Forum List

Back