Why should an independent vote for the democrat nominee?

Independents can agree with several issues from both parties, regardless of how the other party tries to distort them.

At the same time, an Independent might be repulsed by the Identity Politics & PC of the Democrats, or the general ugliness of Trumpism.

So, and this only seems to be getting worse, an Independent is stuck voting for the lesser of two evils, whichever way they lean, or an alternative.

This country is in desperate need of a strong and viable third party.

But what good would another party do, when nothing is stopping either side right now from supporting more moderate candidates.
The base in each party is becoming more and more rabid, more purist. There is little room for dissenting opinion in either party.

A strong third party would not only provide a more moderate option, it also might serve to keep the other two from going too far into crazy land.

You cannot support those claims.

Trump is mean vs communism. While saying both sides suck is absolutely true, I think we do need to be careful when we imply equivalency. I'm not sure you can just say pick a lesser of two evils and be accurate. I have no problems with a third party, and I wish voters had more control over what our representatives do, but please don't equate apples to land mines.
First you say that "both sides suck", then you point the finger.

Maybe, just maybe, you should stop worrying about the OTHER side and START holding your OWN side accountable. For change.

Just kidding. I know you're not allowed to do that. I know you don't WANT to do that.

My problems with the republicans have been threefold. Nation Building, Deficit Spending, and allowing their corporate masters to dabble in disastrous globalism. Trump has dealt with two of those big three. So on one side we have a guy who spends too much, and on the other we have a party telling people the world is about to end, poop and needles, and openly encouraging people to harass and attack people who do not agree with them. Does that sound like apples to apples?
That wasn't exactly an accurate or objective question, so I have no way of knowing if it's even serious.

The two ends are very different on the issues, and can be very similar in their behaviors.

Clean your own house first.

For now, we are cleaning our house. It never lasts, but every once in a while we get some wins. Your house however is quite a mess. Straight off the deep end. It is odd that you see no difference. I'd love for a great chamber of shared ideas and common sense collaboration. We agree on that. It is just strange that all republicans are considered wingers. Are their any republicans you do not consider to be wingers, or are we all guilty.
Another lie. I'm used to it from you now.

Being a winger is not an ideological belief system. It's a behavior. It exists in abundance on both ends of the spectrum.

What is the lie? In your mind is it possible to be a republican and not a winger?

First you say that "both sides suck", then you point the finger.

Maybe, just maybe, you should stop worrying about the OTHER side and START holding your OWN side accountable. For change.

Just kidding. I know you're not allowed to do that. I know you don't WANT to do that.

My problems with the republicans have been threefold. Nation Building, Deficit Spending, and allowing their corporate masters to dabble in disastrous globalism. Trump has dealt with two of those big three. So on one side we have a guy who spends too much, and on the other we have a party telling people the world is about to end, poop and needles, and openly encouraging people to harass and attack people who do not agree with them. Does that sound like apples to apples?
That wasn't exactly an accurate or objective question, so I have no way of knowing if it's even serious.

The two ends are very different on the issues, and can be very similar in their behaviors.

For now, we are cleaning our house. It never lasts, but every once in a while we get some wins. Your house however is quite a mess. Straight off the deep end. It is odd that you see no difference. I'd love for a great chamber of shared ideas and common sense collaboration. We agree on that. It is just strange that all republicans are considered wingers. Are their any republicans you do not consider to be wingers, or are we all guilty.

Being a winger is not an ideological belief system. It's a behavior. It exists in abundance on both ends of the spectrum.

What is the lie? In your mind is it possible to be a republican and not a winger?
The lie is that I see no difference. I have already pointed out that the two ends are very different on the issues.

And yes, it's possible to be a Republican or a Democrat and not be a winger.

If you don’t ask for rank choice voting while clamoring for a “viable third party” you are displaying tremendous lack of intelligence.

A third party introduced to a two party system ( yes that is what we have ) is a recipe for chaos and the likelihood that a nutbag like Trump could actually win legitimately....with less than 40% support.

Not desirable.

The lie is that I see no difference. I have already pointed out that the two ends are very different on the issues.

I'm glad you clarified that. Does this mean you will stop using the term Trumpians. A vast number of republicans support Donald Trump, and you just said it is possible for republicans to not be wingers.

I'm glad you clarified that. Does this mean you will stop using the term Trumpians. A vast number of republicans support Donald Trump, and you just said it is possible for republicans to not be wingers.
I'll continue to use the word "Trumpsters", sorry.

I'll continue to use the word "Trumpsters", sorry.

It's fine. I'll just remember that whenever you lecture Trump supporters about our 'behavior.'

Forum List

Back