Why should the Government pay for contraception?

Why because they advocate a program that would save you money? Poor you.
Spending my money isn't saving it.

Does your house have insulation? Why? Because it saves money during the winter. By spending pennies for it now, you don't spend dollars in heating costs later on.

You're welcome.
I'm not expecting the government to pay for my insulation.

Jeez, progressives are both cheapskates and dense. :lol:

You should feel like a thief.

Why is that, I don't take any thing from the government that I didn't pay for with my taxes in aggregate (roads, bridges, clean water, police protection, fire prevention, CPB, etc...)?

If you feel like a victim...that's your problem but you're not alone; it's hard to find a conservative these days not playing the role of the victim.

The "victim" is the person you want everyone else to pay for, thief. Just look at the exploitive language you use to get cash for them! "Pay me now, or pay me later. But pay me."

I'm aware of no program that gives women or men money to buy contraceptives. I am aware of Title X which provides the contraceptives. You're factually incorrect which is par for the course.

At one time, not that long ago, conservatives were super pragmatic. Far more pragmatic than Democrats. When the conservatives and Republican party were infiltrated by the religious right, which eventually disguised itself and morphed itself into the Tea Party, pragmatism left and the Democrats became the party of pragmatist.

The government benifits immensley from the distribution of birth control. Unwanted births are reduced which correlates to lower welfare costs, medicaid cost, etc. In addition some of it lowers the spread of STD's which lowers medical cost for persons on medicaid.

Strangely, it lowers the abortion rates, yet many from the anti-abortion community object to birth control and/or government involvement in abortion prevention programs such as making free birth control available to low income women.

Pragmatism would be spending a small amount of money to prevent having to spend a huge amount of money. The initial cost of the birth of a child probably covers a lifetime supply of birth control to the mother. The hundreds of thousands of dollars that the government will spend on the child after it is born and until it reachs adulthood is what the tax payer will pay for failing to provide the mom with some free pills or condoms.
Pragmatism would be you paying your own way and to quit mooching off of everyone else.
Pay me now...or pay me later
Flawed presumption, cheapskate.

Why because they advocate a program that would save you money? Poor you.

Does your house have insulation? Why? Because it saves money during the winter. By spending pennies for it now, you don't spend dollars in heating costs later on.

You're welcome.

Please explain why the person whose birth control I am paying for cannot pay for it themselves the way I pay for my own insulation and my own birth control.

You're welcome.

Please explain why the person whose birth control I am paying for cannot pay for it themselves the way I pay for my own insulation and my own birth control.

Because progressives are cheapskates. :lol:

Why is that, I don't take any thing from the government that I didn't pay for with my taxes in aggregate (roads, bridges, clean water, police protection, fire prevention, CPB, etc...)?

If you feel like a victim...that's your problem but you're not alone; it's hard to find a conservative these days not playing the role of the victim.

The "victim" is the person you want everyone else to pay for, thief. Just look at the exploitive language you use to get cash for them! "Pay me now, or pay me later. But pay me."

I'm aware of no program that gives women or men money to buy contraceptives. I am aware of Title X which provides the contraceptives. You're factually incorrect which is par for the course.

Irony!

Planned Parenthood receives federal dollars. ObamaCare also provides free birth control.

Shoulda coulda woulda but didn't...

In the end you can take some perceived moral high ground that leads to worse results or actually pull your head out from your rear and make decisions based on their effectiveness to achieve the goals you have.

No, this isn't about moral high ground. This is about being responsible and accountable. There is nothing responsible about govt using my taxes to pay for others to get their fornication on.

So you want to place the emphasis on people living up to the moral standard of "being responsible and accountable" even if it means higher costs to the tax payer and generally worse results by everyone's standards.

I am not sure you know what "moral high ground" means so I won't bother emphasizing that going forward. The problem with your world view is that it is self defeating and strategically blind to reality.

Please dont bother. You couldnt possibly comprehend it.

Which types of birth control are free?
Birth control methods that are covered by the Affordable Care Act include:
Birth control patch
Birth control pills
Birth control ring (NuvaRing)
Birth control shot (Depo-Provera)
Cervical cap
Contraceptive implant
Diaphragm
IUD
Permanent contraception methods, such as tubal ligation, often called "getting your tubes tied"

Birth Control Coverage and Health Care Reform: FAQ

At one time, not that long ago, conservatives were super pragmatic. Far more pragmatic than Democrats. When the conservatives and Republican party were infiltrated by the religious right, which eventually disguised itself and morphed itself into the Tea Party, pragmatism left and the Democrats became the party of pragmatist.

The government benifits immensley from the distribution of birth control. Unwanted births are reduced which correlates to lower welfare costs, medicaid cost, etc. In addition some of it lowers the spread of STD's which lowers medical cost for persons on medicaid.

Strangely, it lowers the abortion rates, yet many from the anti-abortion community object to birth control and/or government involvement in abortion prevention programs such as making free birth control available to low income women.

Pragmatism would be spending a small amount of money to prevent having to spend a huge amount of money. The initial cost of the birth of a child probably covers a lifetime supply of birth control to the mother. The hundreds of thousands of dollars that the government will spend on the child after it is born and until it reachs adulthood is what the tax payer will pay for failing to provide the mom with some free pills or condoms.
Pragmatism would be you paying your own way and to quit mooching off of everyone else.

No it isn't. A pragmatist is a realist. They put pragmatism in front of wishful thinking and fantasy. They are, I repeat, realist. Reality is that there will always be irrisponsible people who will produce children they did not plan for and/or can not afford. There are people out there with low IQ's, mentally challanged, ignorant, irrisponsible and plenty that just don't give a crap. Men will knock up girls so they will have a hold on them and girls will do the same thing to get a hold on a man. Men will manipulate women and women will manipulate men and babies will be born. Reality is that we are not going to let babies of poor people be born in the streets. They will be born in hospitals and we will pay for it. And we will not let them go without all the stuff we currently provide them with because we don't want to see dead kids who died because we didn't provide food, medicine and shelter. And if we don't educate them and try to turn them into productive citizens we will pay for the next generation of babies or the cost of incarceration and/or both. That is reality.

Last edited:
So you want to place the emphasis on people living up to the moral standard of "being responsible and accountable" even if it means higher costs to the tax payer and generally worse results by everyone's standards.

How is it moral in any way to take money from people to pay for other people's bad choices? How is it moral to encourage those bad choices by softening the consequences of them?

One third of the involuntarily uninsured are high school dropouts, and now everyone else has to carry them for the rest of their lives. The out of wedlock birth rate has been skyrocketing, most especially in the black community. Clearly, your "moral" programs have been a catastrophic failure.

Last edited:

No it isn't. A pragmatist is a realist. They put pragmatism in front of wishful thinking and fantasy. They are, I repeat, realist. Reality is that there will always be irrisponsible people who will produce children they did not plan for and/or can not afford. Their are people out there with low IQ's, mentally challanged, ignorant, irrisponsible and plenty that just don't give a crap. Men will knock up girls so they will have a hold on them and girls will do the same thing to get a hold on a man. Men will manipulate women and women will manipulate men and babies will be born. Reality is that we are not going to let babies of poor people be born in the streets. They will be born in hospitals and we will pay for it. And we will not let them go without all the stuff we currently provide them with because we don't want to see dead kids who died because we didn't provide food, medicine and shelter. And if we don't educate them and try to turn them into productive citizens we will pay for the next generation of babies or the cost of incarceration and/or both. That is reality.
The realist understands a false dichotomy being employed, to try and paper over that you are a cheapskate.

Last edited:
Pay me pennies now, or we will crank out millions of babies and make you pay for all of them. Because we sure as shit have no intention of making those responsible suffer the consequences of their actions.

Extortion.

Last edited:
Shoulda coulda woulda but didn't...

In the end you can take some perceived moral high ground that leads to worse results or actually pull your head out from your rear and make decisions based on their effectiveness to achieve the goals you have.

No, this isn't about moral high ground. This is about being responsible and accountable. There is nothing responsible about govt using my taxes to pay for others to get their fornication on.

I am not sure you know what "moral high ground" means so I won't bother emphasizing that going forward. The problem with your world view is that it is self defeating and strategically blind to reality.

I'll just refer you to g5000' rebuttal. I dont accept your victimhood approach and never will.

Forum List

Back