Why so much hate for the Confederacy.? It can't be about slavery.

Ad hominem much?

I prefer supported facts. When do you plan on posting some?
Dude, you don't even know the meaning and usage of 'ad hominem'. Like 'strawman' it is a term you throw around when bereft of argument.

Project much?

If you knew what it means you would be posting the definition. You didn't.

Back on topic.

MYTH - The Confederate Battle Flag represents racism today.

FACT - The Confederate Battle Flag today finds itself in the center of much controversy and hoopla going on in several states. The cry to take this flag down is unjustified. It is very important to keep in mind that the Confederate Battle Flag was simply just that. A battle flag. It was never even a National flag, so how could it have flown over a slave nation or represented slavery or racism? This myth is continued by lack of education and ignorance. Those that villify the Confederate Battle Flag are very confused about history and have jumped upon a bandwagon with loose wheels.

Argh, enough of rightard revision and evasion.

Ok, I get it. You like to project and make excuses.

MYTH - The United States Flag represented freedom.

FACT - No chance. The US flag flew over a slave nation for over 85 years! The North tolerated slavery and acknowledged it as a Division Of Labor. The North made a vast fortune on slavery and it's commodities. It wasn't until the South decided to leave the Union that the North objected. The North knew it could not survive without the Southern money. That is the true definition of hypocrisy.

Oh this is a funny one. Unable to face the fact that I am right and have the sources to back it up, you simply discount my post because you claim it isn't on a "reasonable source".
And you still don't post a link to the source of Lincoln's alleged statement because you can't find one that doesn't come from 'lost cause' sites.

Still with the excuses, huh?

Re-Post:
Know what I get when I yahooed....Lincoln was asked, "Why not let the South go in peace?" To which he replied, "I can't let them go. Who would pay for the government?"?

Answer: 69,200 results.

Find the website you like the best...then read it and weep from that website.

MYTH - Abraham Lincoln was the Great Emancipator.

FACT - While Lincoln has went down in history as the Great Emancipator, many would not care to hear his real thoughts on people of color. Martyred President Abraham Lincoln was fervently making plans to send all freed slaves to the jungles of Central America once the war was over. Knowing that African society would never allow the slaves to return back to Africa, Lincoln also did not want the slaves in the US. He thought the jungles of Central America would be the best solution and conducive to the freed slaves best interest. The only thing that kept this from happening, was his assassination.

But still no link. The traditional Confederate white flag of surrender.

Are you not able to look up things online for yourself? Does the free 0bama Iphone you use for shilling online not have a search engine?

MYTH - The South revered slavery.

FACT - A very interesting fact on slavery is that at the time the War of 1861 -1865 officially commenced, the Southern States were actually in the process of freeing all slaves in the South. Russia had freed it's servants in 1859, and the South took great note of this. Had military intervention not been forced upon the South, a very different America would have been realized then as well as now.

Are you not able to look up things online for yourself? Does the free 0bama Iphone you use for shilling online not have a search engine?

MYTH - The South revered slavery.

FACT - A very interesting fact on slavery is that at the time the War of 1861 -1865 officially commenced, the Southern States were actually in the process of freeing all slaves in the South. Russia had freed it's servants in 1859, and the South took great note of this. Had military intervention not been forced upon the South, a very different America would have been realized then as well as now.
You must have had a few too many last night. :laugh:

The south went to war over slavery. Why would they be in the process of freeing their slaves if they were going to expand into mexico and south america if they had of won the war?

MYTH - The War of 1861 - 1865 was fought over slavery.

FACT - Terribly untrue. The North fought the war over money. Plain and simple. When the South started Secession, Lincoln was asked, "Why not let the South go in peace?" To which he replied, "I can't let them go. Who would pay for the government?" Sensing total financial ruin for the North, Lincoln waged war on the South. The South fought the War to repel Northern aggression and invasion.

The south definitely fought the war over slavery. They even said so in numerous speeches and articles of secession.

Easy to claim. If that were true you would have posted links proving your claim. You didn't.

MYTH - Only Southerners owned slaves.

FACT - Entirely untrue. Many Northern civilians owned slaves. Prior to, during and even after the War Of Northern Aggression.

Surprisingly, to many history impaired individuals, most Union Generals and staff had slaves to serve them! William T. Sherman had many slaves that served him until well after the war was over and did not free them until late in 1865.

U.S. Grant also had several slaves, who were only freed after the 13th amendment in December of 1865. When asked why he didn't free his slaves earlier, Grant stated "Good help is so hard to come by these days."

Contrarily, Confederate General Robert E. Lee freed his slaves (which he never purchased - they were inherited) in 1862!!! Lee freed his slaves several years before the war was over, and considerably earlier than his Northern counterparts. And during the fierce early days of the war when the South was obliterating the Yankee armies!

Lastly, and most importantly, why did NORTHERN States outlaw slavery only AFTER the war was over? The so-called "Emancipation Proclamation" of Lincoln only gave freedom to slaves in the SOUTH! NOT in the North! This pecksniffery even went so far as to find the state of Delaware rejecting the 13th Amendment in December of 1865 and did not ratify it (13th Amendment / free the slaves) until 1901!

Easy to claim. If that were true you would have posted links proving your claim. You didn't.

The fact that you don't know that shows clearly why you are ill equipped to discuss this reasonably.

From the declaration of secession from the state of Mississippi.

"Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin. That we do not overstate the dangers to our institution, a reference to a few facts will sufficiently prove."

The Declaration of Causes of Seceding States

"The great truth, I repeat, upon which our system rests, is the inferiority of the African. The enemies of our institutions ignore this truth. They set out with the assumption that the races are equal; that the negro is equal to the white man. If their premises were correct, their conclusions would be legitimate. But their premises being false, their conclusions are false also."
-Alexander Stephens April 23 1861 before the Virginia Secession Convention

"The great truth, I repeat, upon which our system rests, is the inferiority of the African. The enemies of our institutions ignore this truth. They set out with the assumption that the races are equal; that the negro is equal to the white man. If their premises were correct, their conclusions would be legitimate. But their premises being false, their conclusions are false also."

And no one, even you, disputes that blacks are inferior. That's why africa is stuck in the stone age and why blacks always come in last in standardized tests and why, despite 45 years of affirmative action, blacks have made no progress in america.

The evidence for black mental inferiority is overwhelming. THINK

And no one, even you, disputes that blacks are inferior. That's why africa is stuck in the stone age and why blacks always come in last in standardized tests and why, despite 45 years of affirmative action, blacks have made no progress in america.

Why would I waste my time disputing something only pathetic, insecure white males believe to be true? :laugh:

Why would I waste my time disputing something only pathetic, insecure white males believe to be true? :laugh:

SPEAKING of pathetic, insecure white males, are you black or are you jewish pretending to be black?

Well, your mental inferiority is certainly apparent.

I don't understand why, in every thread like this, some chucklehead quotes a racist from 1861 as "proof" the South was racists and the war was about slavery because racists liked slavery.

Stephens view of African inferiority was virtually unchallenged in 1861, even by the abolitionists. Here is a snippet from Lincoln's third debate with Douglas:

I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, [applause]---that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will for ever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything. I do not understand that because I do not want a negro woman for a slave I must necessarily want her for a wife. [Cheers and laughter.] My understanding is that I can just let her alone. I am now in my fiftieth year, and I certainly never have had a black woman for either a slave or a wife. So it seems to me quite possible for us to get along without making either slaves or wives of negroes. I will add to this that I have never seen to my knowledge a man, woman or child who was in favor of producing a perfect equality, social and political, between negroes and white men.

Now... How is what Lincoln saying about the inferiority of the negro any different than what Stephens said? Both men clearly feel that whites are superior and blacks are inferior. Not only that, but Lincoln says he's never met anyone who was in favor of producing a truly equal society. Lincoln met a lot of people.

I don't understand why, in every thread like this, some chucklehead quotes a racist from 1861 as "proof" the South was racists and the war was about slavery because racists liked slavery.

Stephens view of African inferiority was virtually unchallenged in 1861, even by the abolitionists. Here is a snippet from Lincoln's third debate with Douglas:

I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, [applause]---that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will for ever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything. I do not understand that because I do not want a negro woman for a slave I must necessarily want her for a wife. [Cheers and laughter.] My understanding is that I can just let her alone. I am now in my fiftieth year, and I certainly never have had a black woman for either a slave or a wife. So it seems to me quite possible for us to get along without making either slaves or wives of negroes. I will add to this that I have never seen to my knowledge a man, woman or child who was in favor of producing a perfect equality, social and political, between negroes and white men.

Now... How is what Lincoln saying about the inferiority of the negro any different than what Stephens said? Both men clearly feel that whites are superior and blacks are inferior. Not only that, but Lincoln says he's never met anyone who was in favor of producing a truly equal society. Lincoln met a lot of people.
Lincoln evolved....and yourself?

Maybe you dont understand because you cant read or something? I dont know why you think its odd that someone who says that slavery is the basis for their way of life then would turn around and fight a war over that belief.

Claiming Lincoln felt the same way is false and has nothing to do with the point. If Lincoln felt the same way he would have had no problem with slavery expanding. See the big difference is that Stephens and the rest of the losers went to war to keep and expand slavery. Lincoln took away slavery specifically to punish the people that were the losers and traitors.

Maybe you dont understand because you cant read or something? I dont know why you think its odd that someone who says that slavery is the basis for their way of life then would turn around and fight a war over that belief.

Claiming Lincoln felt the same way is false and has nothing to do with the point. If Lincoln felt the same way he would have had no problem with slavery expanding. See the big difference is that Stephens and the rest of the losers went to war to keep and expand slavery. Lincoln took away slavery specifically to punish the people that were the losers and traitors.

Ahh.. so now emancipation wasn't about freeing blacks, it was about punishing losers?

Spoken like a TRUE closet racist.

Lincoln evolved....and yourself?

No, Lincoln didn't "evolve" from the time he debated Douglas. No one else evolved either. That's why it took another century for blacks to gain equality under the law. What happened is, some closet racists and bigoted white folks decided to blame the South in order to deny their true viewpoint... like you're doing now.

Ahh.. so now emancipation wasn't about freeing blacks, it was about punishing losers?

Spoken like a TRUE closet racist.
Of course the emancipation was about punishing the losers. Lincolns only worry was if the union would stay together. If he could have kept the union together without freeing the slaves he would have done just that.

"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or destroy Slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave, I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves, I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone, I would also do that. "
-Good Ole Abe Lincoln

Forum List

Back