'Why Study Philosophy'

Cooking your brain with acid doesn't "assist" anything.

Cooking?
Have you tried it?
It definitely is an experience that changes your awareness, and in so doing, provides other perspectives.
Having said that, I am not advocating continual usage of LSD. I myself can count on one hand my usage.

Cooking?
Have you tried it?
It definitely is an experience that changes your awareness, and in so doing, provides other perspectives.
Having said that, I am not advocating continual usage of LSD. I myself can count on one hand my usage.

If you want to talk about being a burnout, go do it somewhere else. That is not what this topic is about.

Cooking?
Have you tried it?

If you want to talk about being a burnout, go do it somewhere else. That is not what this topic is about.

Looks like you cannot answer a question.
Burnout? You are showing your ignorance.
This topic is about psychological awareness, and LSD is definitely a part of that.

Cooking?
Have you tried it?

Burnout? ...

Burnout. Get off the drugs and go study some actual Philosophy, kid.

Cooking?
Have you tried it?

Burnout? ...

Burnout. Get off the drugs and go study some actual Philosophy, kid.

Looks like you are closed-minded and prefer ignorance. Not the philosophical type. Prefer dogma?

[ Not the philosophical type.

I have a degree in Philosophy. How about you, junky?

Name calling shows your immaturity. Wow, you have a degree in Philosophy ... from a mail order "university"?
How about providing some substance to whatever claim you're trying to justify? Most people with degrees are not that bright. I don't advertise my doctoral education at an ivy league school to win debates. Although my specialty is developmental psychology, philosophy of science is a secondary interest.

[ Not the philosophical type.

Most people with degrees are not that bright.

And now we know something about you, dropout.

I am not a dropout, for the record.
So you have nothing of substance to contribute to my comments?

Yes, get off the drugs and actually study philosophy.

And how does that erroneous statement contribute to any kind of philosophical understanding?

And how does that erroneous statement contribute to any kind of philosophical understanding?

You brought it up, junkie.

I reviewed all your posts in this 2-yr-old thread and have not read ANYTHING responsive & intelligent from you about the topic "Why Study Philosophy"!
Your only responsive opinion was to agree with Vikrant's post (8/12/2014).

Was your alleged degree in Philosophy a waste? No intelligent opinion of your own?

Looks like you're a hypocrite too. In your 3/3/2013 post, YOU wrote:
"I asked you a question. That you are unwilling to answer is just one more piece of evidence that you do not understand what learning really is."

I've asked you a Q too; whether you experienced LSD, but you were unwilling to answer -- just one more piece of evidence that YOU do not understand what learning really is.

I reviewed all your posts in this 2-yr-old thread and have not read ANYTHING responsive & intelligent from you about the topic "Why Study Philosophy"!....

"Responsive and intelligent" like expounding upon the virtues of dropping acid? Grow the fuck up, kid.

I've asked you a Q too; whether you experienced LSD....

Based on my comments thus far, what do you think, junkie? How fucking stupid are you, burnout?

So, you are incapable of providing a simple yes/no answer to a simple question? Temperamental issues, and resorting to derision?
What's more revealing is your lack of intelligent thought about the thread's topic.
A philosopher you're not.
Your comments, or lack of, reflect a pretender among our midst, one that may not even have a HS degree.
Grow up. First get a handle on your emotional intelligence, then focus on constructive criticism ... if you have relevant intellect to contribute.

I've asked you a Q too; whether you experienced LSD....

Based on my comments thus far, what do you think, junkie? How fucking stupid are you, burnout?

A philosopher you're not.
Your comments, or lack of, reflect a pretender among our midst, one that may not even have a HS degree.

Sorry junior, your inferiority complex is well-founded. One of my degrees is in fact a BA in Philosophy. You shouldn't have dropped out.

My oldest is getting his PhD in philosophy. His goal is a tenure track teaching position out of school, but that's tough to pull off. But the odds have been against him all along and he knocks down every barrier in his way, so I'm not too worried. Even if that doesn't pan out, he'll be prepared for any number of professional jobs out of school. He's a pretty good framing carpenter too. :)

It is a good thing he knows carpentry.

A liberal arts degree does not prepare one for a realistic job, and it may alienate one from one's co-workers. The liberal arts graduate will want to talk about Plato or Homer. His co-workers will be talking about last night's ball game or what happened on a sit com.

What an idiot.

My oldest is getting his PhD in philosophy. His goal is a tenure track teaching position out of school, but that's tough to pull off. But the odds have been against him all along and he knocks down every barrier in his way, so I'm not too worried. Even if that doesn't pan out, he'll be prepared for any number of professional jobs out of school. He's a pretty good framing carpenter too. :)

It is a good thing he knows carpentry.

A liberal arts degree does not prepare one for a realistic job, and it may alienate one from one's co-workers. The liberal arts graduate will want to talk about Plato or Homer. His co-workers will be talking about last night's ball game or what happened on a sit com.

What an idiot.
There's an element of truth to it. Still, I'm glad he assumed a little higher.

Forum List

Back