Why the Democrats Lost

Bush92

GHBush1992
May 23, 2014
The Democratic Party lost the mid-terms because they were "off message" with the voters. As I was watching the returns a news commentator said she had talked to a pollster and they saw a shift in Obama's popularity during late summer, early September. They felt perhaps it was lack of an ISIS policy by President Obama.Wrong answer boys and girls. I can tell you that was not what happened. People do not like politics of negativity such as "war on women", or fear mongering by passing out flyers in Georgia in an effort to inject Ferguson into the electoral process. If anything Ferguson and the Obama administrations reaction to it scared independent White voters in the suburbs. They felt Holder and the administration would rather play racial politics than look rationally at what actually went on during the Ferguson media event. Also, abortion and gay marriage are non-starters for the electorate outside college towns and Hollywood. Voters want to hear a positive message of how YOU are going to help them better themselves economically and maintain their quality of life where they live. ITS THE ECONOMY STUPID! This is why Democrats lost and also why I left them years ago.

You are about to witness the biggest attack on environmental protection in your lifetime. Stand proud you left the party of people, for the party of corporations and polluters.

People do not like politics of negativity such as "war on women", or fear mongering by passing out flyers in Georgia in an effort to

People believed 4 billion dollars of smears and attack ads. I would say that people liked the "politics of negativity" just fine. That is what made them go out and vote. Believing in smears and lies. At least on the right.

The Democrats lost because...

The Democrats were the part of...

- Obamacare
- Scandals
- Apologies for America
- NO border
- Forced Immigration Amnesty to come
- No jobs
- Weakened Military
- Foreign Policy failures
- Disengaged president

Actually, what really happened was that republicans, more than pushing an agenda, decided to screw up public perception of the government so badly, that there would be a backlash against it to the point where heads would roll.

Republicans then ran on the "small government" platform, banking on the fact that midterm voters are most likely to elect the non-incombent party.

This worked to a tee.

I myself voted mostly republican even though I knew what was up. Why? Because Republicans ran almost exclusively on fiscal issues.

Besides, second term presidents rarely get anything accomplished anyway, due to fierce opposition to their agenda.

You are about to witness the biggest attack on environmental protection in your lifetime. Stand proud you left the party of people, for the party of corporations and polluters.

I don't know about that. Some republicans are staunch supporters of environmental issues.

In Florida, back 94, Republicans helped to outlaw commercial fishing within 100 miles of the state. Very nice move that actually helped the economy.

The Democratic Party lost the mid-terms because they were "off message" with the voters. As I was watching the returns a news commentator said she had talked to a pollster and they saw a shift in Obama's popularity during late summer, early September. They felt perhaps it was lack of an ISIS policy by President Obama.Wrong answer boys and girls. I can tell you that was not what happened. People do not like politics of negativity such as "war on women", or fear mongering by passing out flyers in Georgia in an effort to inject Ferguson into the electoral process. If anything Ferguson and the Obama administrations reaction to it scared independent White voters in the suburbs. They felt Holder and the administration would rather play racial politics than look rationally at what actually went on during the Ferguson media event. Also, abortion and gay marriage are non-starters for the electorate outside college towns and Hollywood. Voters want to hear a positive message of how YOU are going to help them better themselves economically and maintain their quality of life where they live. ITS THE ECONOMY STUPID! This is why Democrats lost and also why I left them years ago.

Then why did the minimum wage pass in every state it was on the ballot?

Opposing the minimum wage is the centerpiece of GOP domestic economic policy.

I don't know about that. Some republicans are staunch supporters of environmental issues.

In Florida, back 94, Republicans helped to outlaw commercial fishing within 100 miles of the state. Very nice move that actually helped the economy.

You are right..."you don't know about that"

Good luck with that, Bfgrn is probably one of the most leftist people an the board, nothing gets through unless it's filtered through the DNCs rhetoric filter process.
Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if Bfgrn thought Mao was a neo-con. :dunno:

I actually do. You see, I'm neither a Lib or a conservative, I support Obama, but I am actually more of a fan of Ron Paul.

Republicans actually do good things! I know that pisses off my liberal friends, but they do. I call em like I see them.

I'm also a big Clinton fan, but he almost wrecked this country by helping to deregulate financial institutions.

Just sayin.

Republicans actually ran a masterful campaign. They deserve what they got.

Hope that we can cut spending and start working on issues like judicial reform and putting an end to the war on drugs.

I actually do. You see, I'm neither a Lib or a conservative, I support Obama, but I am actually more of a fan of Ron Paul.

Republicans actually do good things! I know that pisses off my liberal friends, but they do. I call em like I see them.

I'm also a big Clinton fan, but he almost wrecked this country by helping to deregulate financial institutions.

Just sayin.
You sound bi-polar.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, several of my multiple personalities are bi-polar.

The simple answer to why the dems lost is... "people hate obama and his agenda," period.

The dems lost because of OBAMA.

Not at all. Dems lost because the Republicans pulled off a masterful plan that worked, in most part, due to a manufactured mistrust of government in general.

This will not work the next time around.

Congratulations are in order, though - many dems sat home as usual and gave away this election.

The simple answer to why the dems lost is... "people hate obama and his agenda," period.

The dems lost because of OBAMA.

Not at all. Dems lost because the Republicans pulled off a masterful plan that worked, in most part, due to a manufactured mistrust of government in general.

This will not work the next time around.

Congratulations are in order, though - many dems sat home as usual and gave away this election.
Many Dems in SC turned out to elect the first black Senator from SC since Reconstruction.

He is a REPUBLICAN.

This is a good point. The parties are always in a constant state of evolutionary adaptation; my guess is that Republicans stayed out of issues that they deemed as 'unwinnable.'

Minimum wage is a state issue. It should be a lot higher in NYC and LA than it is in Sparta, WI or any small town in MI where the cost of living is much lower.

Forum List

Back