Why the Democrats Lost

The simple answer to why the dems lost is... "people hate obama and his agenda," period.

The dems lost because of OBAMA.

Not at all. Dems lost because the Republicans pulled off a masterful plan that worked, in most part, due to a manufactured mistrust of government in general.

This will not work the next time around.

Congratulations are in order, though - many dems sat home as usual and gave away this election.
Many Dems in SC turned out to elect the first black Senator from SC since Reconstruction.

He is a REPUBLICAN.

No disrespect to anyone here, but blacks are notorious for voting for other blacks.

You are about to witness the biggest attack on environmental protection in your lifetime. Stand proud you left the party of people, for the party of corporations and polluters.

I don't know about that. Some republicans are staunch supporters of environmental issues.

In Florida, back 94, Republicans helped to outlaw commercial fishing within 100 miles of the state. Very nice move that actually helped the economy.
Good luck with that, Bfgrn is probably one of the most leftist people an the board, nothing gets through unless it's filtered through the DNCs rhetoric filter process.
Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if Bfgrn thought Mao was a neo-con. :dunno:

I am probably the most pragmatic poster on the board. Protecting our environment used to be a non partisan issue. Not anymore. If protecting the environment is now considered extreme, then what is the position of trashing it? Is THAT what being a conservative now means???

What is truly alarming is today's GOP and last centuries Soviet Politburo have the SAME agenda.

The simple answer to why the dems lost is... "people hate obama and his agenda," period.

Not at all. Dems lost because the Republicans pulled off a masterful plan that worked, in most part, due to a manufactured mistrust of government in general.

Congratulations are in order, though - many dems sat home as usual and gave away this election.
"Manufactured distrust of government"

I bet Saul Alinsky is chuckling in his grave, and going, "You go, girl"!!!

Absolutely; from the unfounded, paralyzing fear of "Obamacare" turning us all into minions of Karl Marx, to mass hysteria of how no one is safe from the "Obamanator" and his indiscriminate urge to splatter political enemies all over the pavement.

Yes, you're fucking kidding, right??? You don't see it?

We can't even trust the depart of Labor and their bogus statistics that Obama himself "makes up" on whim to suit his needs!!!

Oh, so much more! So much that you could not stuff the garbage made up about 'da gubment' into the known universe!

Interesting that you invoke Alinsky, I am reminded of the Alinsky propaganda, chain-email floating around a few years ago and how Republicans could not bare to admit that it was a hoax!

snopes.com Saul Alinsky How to Create a Social State

Oh, forgot, we can't trust Snopes, either! Ah, the rampant paranoia of the whacked-out right!

Last edited:
You are about to witness the biggest attack on environmental protection in your lifetime. Stand proud you left the party of people, for the party of corporations and polluters.
You missed it. More crying.

Actually, what really happened was that republicans, more than pushing an agenda, decided to screw up public perception of the government so badly, that there would be a backlash against it to the point where heads would roll.

Republicans then ran on the "small government" platform, banking on the fact that midterm voters are most likely to elect the non-incombent party.

This worked to a tee.

I myself voted mostly republican even though I knew what was up. Why? Because Republicans ran almost exclusively on fiscal issues.

Besides, second term presidents rarely get anything accomplished anyway, due to fierce opposition to their agenda.
Your making excuses.

You missed it again.

Ya the idea that the election was about throwing out the incumbent IGNORES the fact that all the republican Senators and Congressman up for reelection WON.

Many liberals in the news media and on this board are showing the same narcissism and disdain for the public that lost them the election. According to liberals people are stupid...unless you agree with them. They cannot accept the fact that comment by Debbie Wassermann Schultz got Scott Walker re-elected. Liberals are hopeless excuse makers.

The Democratic Party lost the mid-terms because they were "off message" with the voters. As I was watching the returns a news commentator said she had talked to a pollster and they saw a shift in Obama's popularity during late summer, early September. They felt perhaps it was lack of an ISIS policy by President Obama.Wrong answer boys and girls. I can tell you that was not what happened. People do not like politics of negativity such as "war on women", or fear mongering by passing out flyers in Georgia in an effort to inject Ferguson into the electoral process. If anything Ferguson and the Obama administrations reaction to it scared independent White voters in the suburbs. They felt Holder and the administration would rather play racial politics than look rationally at what actually went on during the Ferguson media event. Also, abortion and gay marriage are non-starters for the electorate outside college towns and Hollywood. Voters want to hear a positive message of how YOU are going to help them better themselves economically and maintain their quality of life where they live. ITS THE ECONOMY STUPID! This is why Democrats lost and also why I left them years ago.

democrats lost because

a) the party of the president always loses the midterms during the second term....and

b) turn out is traditionally low for dems during mid-terms... and

c) democrats were wusses and didn't stand up for being democrats... leaving them looking apologetic. and if they couldn't defend their ideas, then no one was going to run out and get enthused about a party that didn't defend itself and thereby allowed the president to suffer....

wusses...

and c is probably the most significant reason.

The Democratic Party lost the mid-terms because they were "off message" with the voters. As I was watching the returns a news commentator said she had talked to a pollster and they saw a shift in Obama's popularity during late summer, early September. They felt perhaps it was lack of an ISIS policy by President Obama.Wrong answer boys and girls. I can tell you that was not what happened. People do not like politics of negativity such as "war on women", or fear mongering by passing out flyers in Georgia in an effort to inject Ferguson into the electoral process. If anything Ferguson and the Obama administrations reaction to it scared independent White voters in the suburbs. They felt Holder and the administration would rather play racial politics than look rationally at what actually went on during the Ferguson media event. Also, abortion and gay marriage are non-starters for the electorate outside college towns and Hollywood. Voters want to hear a positive message of how YOU are going to help them better themselves economically and maintain their quality of life where they live. ITS THE ECONOMY STUPID! This is why Democrats lost and also why I left them years ago.

Then why did the minimum wage pass in every state it was on the ballot?

Opposing the minimum wage is the centerpiece of GOP domestic economic policy.

minimum wage is something people vote for when it's on the ballot... but it's not something that affects me or the people I know. it's just something I think is the right thing.

the message needed to be ...

we pulled your butts out of the fire.

we'd be doing it more quickly if you get the loons out of our way.

end of story.

Actually, what really happened was that republicans, more than pushing an agenda, decided to screw up public perception of the government so badly, that there would be a backlash against it to the point where heads would roll.

Republicans then ran on the "small government" platform, banking on the fact that midterm voters are most likely to elect the non-incombent party.

This worked to a tee.

I myself voted mostly republican even though I knew what was up. Why? Because Republicans ran almost exclusively on fiscal issues.

Besides, second term presidents rarely get anything accomplished anyway, due to fierce opposition to their agenda.

which begs the question.... why would you believe them on fiscal matters when they keep breaking the economy (except for the top 1%)

Ya the idea that the election was about throwing out the incumbent IGNORES the fact that all the republican Senators and Congressman up for reelection WON.

Not what I said.

:eusa_think:

This worked to a tee.

which begs the question.... why would you believe them on fiscal matters when they keep breaking the economy (except for the top 1%)

Oye, I'm getting hammered from BOTH sides!

Why do I believe them?

I don't know, why do I love my gf?

I just do.

This worked to a tee.

Why do I believe them?

I just do.

riiiiiiight... the ole "are you going to believe what you see or what I tell you" thing.

hint: they send the economy into recession whenever they take over.

good luck with that.

This worked to a tee.

Why do I believe them?

I just do.

riiiiiiight... the ole "are you going to believe what you see or what I tell you" thing.

good luck with that.
So from 94 to 2000 did the republicans send the economy into recession?

This worked to a tee.

Why do I believe them?

I just do.

good luck with that.

Incorrect, me lady; I present for your examination, the 1994 Republican congress who successfully balanced the budget and gave us the Roaring Ninety's.

Forum List

Back