Why the Democrats Lost

You are about to witness the biggest attack on environmental protection in your lifetime. Stand proud you left the party of people, for the party of corporations and polluters.

I don't know about that. Some republicans are staunch supporters of environmental issues.

In Florida, back 94, Republicans helped to outlaw commercial fishing within 100 miles of the state. Very nice move that actually helped the economy.
Good luck with that, Bfgrn is probably one of the most leftist people an the board, nothing gets through unless it's filtered through the DNCs rhetoric filter process.
Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if Bfgrn thought Mao was a neo-con. :dunno:

I am probably the most pragmatic poster on the board. Protecting our environment used to be a non partisan issue. Not anymore. If protecting the environment is now considered extreme, then what is the position of trashing it? Is THAT what being a conservative now means???

What is truly alarming is today's GOP and last centuries Soviet Politburo have the SAME agenda.
You should read this over, perhaps your doom and gloom opinions will be introduced to reality.

Where do the Dems and GOP stand on energy and the environment

Here is the reality Lumpy...

The Anti-Environment Record of the U.S.House of Representatives 112th Congress, 1st Session

The House of Representatives averaged more than one anti-environmental vote for every day the House was in session in 2011. Of the 770 legislative roll call votes taken in the House this year, 22% – more than one out of every five – were votes to undermine environmental protection. During these roll calls, 94% of Republican members voted for the anti-environment position, while 86% of Democratic members voted for the pro-environment position.

The Environmental Protection Agency was the most popular target of House Republicans. Of the 191 anti-environment votes, 114 targeted EPA; 35 targeted the Department of the Interior; and 31 targeted the Department of Energy.

This analysis, prepared at the request of ranking members Henry A. Waxman, Edward J. Markey, and Howard L. Berman, provides a summary of the 191 times that House Republicans have voted to weaken environmental protections in 2011. Among these votes are:

27 votes to block action to address climate change, including votes to overturn EPA’s scientific findings that climate change endangers human health and welfare; to block EPA from regulating carbon pollution from power plants, oil refineries, and vehicles; to prevent the United States from participating in international climate negotiations; and even to cut funding for basic climate science.

77 votes to undermine Clean Air Act protections, including votes to repeal the health-based standards that are the heart of the Clean Air Act and to block EPA regulation of toxic mercury and other harmful emissions from power plants, incinerators, industrial boilers, cement plants, and mining operations.

28 votes to undermine Clean Water Act protections, including votes to strip EPA of authority to set water quality standards and enforce limits on industrial discharges; to repeal EPA’s authority to stop mountaintop removal mining disposal; and to block EPA from protecting headwaters and wetlands that flow into navigable waters.

47 votes to weaken protection of public lands and coastal waters, including votes to curtail environmental review of offshore drilling; to halt reviews of public lands for possible wilderness designations; and to remove protections for salmon, wolves, and other species
Howzabout you put all of that into perspective instead of using the old "he voted for, he voted against" ploy, Do you know what I mean or are you that brainwashed?

I don't know about that. Some republicans are staunch supporters of environmental issues.

In Florida, back 94, Republicans helped to outlaw commercial fishing within 100 miles of the state. Very nice move that actually helped the economy.
Good luck with that, Bfgrn is probably one of the most leftist people an the board, nothing gets through unless it's filtered through the DNCs rhetoric filter process.

I am probably the most pragmatic poster on the board. Protecting our environment used to be a non partisan issue. Not anymore. If protecting the environment is now considered extreme, then what is the position of trashing it? Is THAT what being a conservative now means???

What is truly alarming is today's GOP and last centuries Soviet Politburo have the SAME agenda.
You should read this over, perhaps your doom and gloom opinions will be introduced to reality.

The Anti-Environment Record of the U.S.House of Representatives 112th Congress, 1st Session

The House of Representatives averaged more than one anti-environmental vote for every day the House was in session in 2011. Of the 770 legislative roll call votes taken in the House this year, 22% – more than one out of every five – were votes to undermine environmental protection. During these roll calls, 94% of Republican members voted for the anti-environment position, while 86% of Democratic members voted for the pro-environment position.

The Environmental Protection Agency was the most popular target of House Republicans. Of the 191 anti-environment votes, 114 targeted EPA; 35 targeted the Department of the Interior; and 31 targeted the Department of Energy.

This analysis, prepared at the request of ranking members Henry A. Waxman, Edward J. Markey, and Howard L. Berman, provides a summary of the 191 times that House Republicans have voted to weaken environmental protections in 2011. Among these votes are:

27 votes to block action to address climate change, including votes to overturn EPA’s scientific findings that climate change endangers human health and welfare; to block EPA from regulating carbon pollution from power plants, oil refineries, and vehicles; to prevent the United States from participating in international climate negotiations; and even to cut funding for basic climate science.

77 votes to undermine Clean Air Act protections, including votes to repeal the health-based standards that are the heart of the Clean Air Act and to block EPA regulation of toxic mercury and other harmful emissions from power plants, incinerators, industrial boilers, cement plants, and mining operations.

28 votes to undermine Clean Water Act protections, including votes to strip EPA of authority to set water quality standards and enforce limits on industrial discharges; to repeal EPA’s authority to stop mountaintop removal mining disposal; and to block EPA from protecting headwaters and wetlands that flow into navigable waters.

47 votes to weaken protection of public lands and coastal waters, including votes to curtail environmental review of offshore drilling; to halt reviews of public lands for possible wilderness designations; and to remove protections for salmon, wolves, and other species
Howzabout you put all of that into perspective instead of using the old "he voted for, he voted against" ploy, Do you know what I mean or are you that brainwashed?

So, three mindless posts and you can't even answer my questions.

Why don't you tell us again how environmental protection is supported by the right, after I provided 191 bills from the right to eviscerate environmental protection? Why the hell do we need clean air or clean water anyway?

Everybody knows, all we have to do is get government off their backs and polluters will stop polluting. They only pollute because government tries to stop them, right Einstein???

So, three mindless posts and you can't even answer my questions.

Why don't you tell us again how environmental protection is supported by the right, after I provided 191 bills from the right to eviscerate environmental protection? Why the hell do we need clean air or clean water anyway?

Everybody knows, all we have to do is get government off their backs and polluters will stop polluting. They only pollute because government tries to stop them, right Einstein???
Your far left mindset is your problem, you see doom and gloom where others see reasonable alteration for economic reasons.
Are there violators that need to be held accountable and slip though the cracks? Of course there are, will they pay eventually? Of course they will. Are many changing on their own because they know it's the right thing to do? Of course there are. It's that all or nothing attitude of yours, regardless of how many people it destroys economically that's the problem, far left extremest positions on the subject.
And you didn't answer my question........

Real Easy Answer......

Liberalism2PIXREjected.jpg

/thread

You are about to witness the biggest attack on environmental protection in your lifetime. Stand proud you left the party of people, for the party of corporations and polluters.

I would have to know the specifics of the legislation. Did Democrats offer up a poison pill in the legislation, my guess is yes.

The Democrat policies with the environment have resulted in high unemployment, jobs moving overseas and an anemic economy. I'm thinking voters are getting fed up with the Democratic Parties unnecessary environmental legislation. The EPA is nothing more than a political/nazi arm of the Democrat Party at this moment

the EPA and the first clean water act were both by a Republican.

Yea, environmental protection was once non partisan. But not anymore. Today's GOP has become the most anti-environment party in American history.

the demoRATS lost because they are so far left, that the average American voter had only one choice......, VOTE RIGHT !! :up:

That is why the 'far left' Democrats were able to pass single payer health care.

Oh, they DIDN'T? Well then they must have passed the public option...

NO...WTF???

Yea, environmental protection was once non partisan. But not anymore. Today's GOP has become the most anti-environment party in American history.

How so?

Then Democrats got ahold of it and found it was yet another way to take freedoms, force their will (we know what's best for you) and screw over business along with the American people under the guise of false caring.

Actually, what really happened was that republicans, more than pushing an agenda, decided to screw up public perception of the government so badly, that there would be a backlash against it to the point where heads would roll.

Republicans then ran on the "small government" platform, banking on the fact that midterm voters are most likely to elect the non-incombent party.

This worked to a tee.

I myself voted mostly republican even though I knew what was up. Why? Because Republicans ran almost exclusively on fiscal issues.

Besides, second term presidents rarely get anything accomplished anyway, due to fierce opposition to their agenda.

I think the GOP has a strength in numbers thing going on. People see all the Republicans telling all the same lies and they start to think those things are true.

How about the economy and foreign policy still sucks as the primary reasons for not only voter apathy but also the GOP wins. Pretty simple. The GOP better focus on both in a positive way and not "read in" any other mandate or the next election cycle will probably go back to the DNC.........
The 900 lb gorilla in the room mandate is STOP OBAMA. Had the electorate been OK with what obama and his henchmen have been doing, they'd have elected more DEMOCRATS. But that was NOT the case. They elected republicans, and they elected them because they want obama STOPPED. There is no other conclusion to draw.

It's both. They need to stop obama's fundamental transformation of the USofA AND reach across the congressional aisle and work with the Dems. Be the bigger party. This country works better with balance. I'm sick and tired of the divisive atmosphere the DC crowd has fostered, especially our dear leader.

I think the GOP has a strength in numbers thing going on. People see all the Republicans telling all the same lies and they start to think those things are true.

Like when they said ObamaCare would save your family $2500 a year?

Forum List

Back