Why the fight against Birth Control?

Vaccines prevent the spread of disease. Birth control does not prevent disease. I can see how pro-abortion people confuse pregnancy with a disease, though. It's too bad there isn't a vaccine for that kind of sickness in the head.

Birth control can prevent unwanted pregnancies and reduce abortions. I would think you anti-choice people would be all for it.
Masturbation, oral, and abstinence do the job of avoiding pregnancy just fine. And they don't cost everyone else a dime. You just want to do whatever it is you want to do, and have the rest of society finance it, rather than make responsible, mature decisions.

Oddly enough, that doesn't seem reflected in pregnancy statistics.

Exactly "free" birth control has nothing to do with personal responsibility.

But you far left drones do not care for that, you want the government to dictate your lives to you!

I'm less interested in "personal responsibility" then I am in reducing unwanted pregnancies, teen pregnancies and abortion. You can lecture all you want on personal responsibility but in the end, when you are faced with the long term social costs of unwanted children, teen mothers who drop out of school and perpetrate the cycle of single teenage mothers, personal responsibility doesn't count for shit.

Once again you prove why you are far left drone and also prove my comments!

It is time for electing mods on this board!

Vaccines prevent the spread of disease. Birth control does not prevent disease. I can see how pro-abortion people confuse pregnancy with a disease, though. It's too bad there isn't a vaccine for that kind of sickness in the head.

Birth control can prevent unwanted pregnancies and reduce abortions. I would think you anti-choice people would be all for it.
Masturbation, oral, and abstinence do the job of avoiding pregnancy just fine. And they don't cost everyone else a dime. You just want to do whatever it is you want to do, and have the rest of society finance it, rather than make responsible, mature decisions.

But you far left drones do not care for that, you want the government to dictate your lives to you!
Precisely. They want others to hear the finacial cost, so that they can continue to do as they please without having to bear the burden of responsibility. Christ it's like debating a 5 year old...

Yes. I am certainly getting that impression with some of you.

I'm less interested in "personal responsibility" then I am in reducing unwanted pregnancies, teen pregnancies and abortion. You can lecture all you want on personal responsibility but in the end, when you are faced with the long term social costs of unwanted children, teen mothers who drop out of school and perpetrate the cycle of single teenage mothers, personal responsibility doesn't count for shit.

Without people taking personal responsibility, nothing will change. You are saying that the only way to save people from themselves is to offer them something for free. Should we take turns going to their homes to make sure they take the pills, too?

Precisely. They want others to hear the finacial cost, so that they can continue to do as they please without having to bear the burden of responsibility. Christ it's like debating a 5 year old...

Yes. I am certainly getting that impression with some of you.

That would make them 3 years old than you!

Silly far left drone!

I'm less interested in "personal responsibility" then I am in ...
Less interested!? Try not even remotely interested...

So, no free birthcontrol. What are your suggestions for reducing unwanted pregnancies, teen pregnancies and abortion then?

Just "personal responsibility"? Perhaps you can show how well that has worked in reality.

So, no free birthcontrol. What are your suggestions for reducing unwanted pregnancies, teen pregnancies and abortion then?

Just "personal responsibility"? Perhaps you can show how well that has worked in reality.
Let them suffer the consequences of their bad decisions. Then they will make better decisions in the future. That's how life, and learning work. Its not fucking rocket science.

mmm
You notice Coyote has not produced a single solitary item that she thinks an adult human being should be responsible for. Not one!

You haven't asked.
Only about four times!

Must have missed in the dozens of postings that contain little more than insults. I tend to ignore those.

An adult human should be responsible their own choices.

That doesn't mean you abandon them when they screw up.

We also live in a world where a person's bad choices can effect others around them. Bad decisions or just bad luck have a cost to everyone. I'd rather go the route of prevention then spend time going on about how they should all be personally responsible. In the end - they still have babies, they still have abortions, and we still have teen mothers who screwed up.

Let them suffer the consequences of their bad decisions. Then they will make better decisions in the future. That's how life, and learning work. Its not fucking rocket science.

And if those consequences cost you? For example paying for welfare, child assistance programs, foster care, or higher abortion rates? Or you just say screw them, let the kids starve and that is that?

There are countless examples of families who practiced "just personal responsibility", and are doing just fine. Take your pick, if you need examples. Ask them how they did it. I doubt they'll tell you that their success was due to their casual unprotected sex, starting at a young age. Apparently they made better decisions. Which usually leads to better outcomes.

I think this is just another attempt at endorsing the indolent and ensuring they not only do they get to enjoy all their free time to its fullest, but also they will have had so many responsibilities removed from their lives, they'll never be able to fend for themselves again - and will therefore be trapped into voting Dem forever :eusa_think:
They are going to be amazed at how fast they can and will support themselves, when they have to.

Without people taking personal responsibility, nothing will change. You are saying that the only way to save people from themselves is to offer them something for free. Should we take turns going to their homes to make sure they take the pills, too?

Except things do change.

In countries where birth control is readily available - abortion rates have gone DOWN. So have teen pregnancy rates. Isn't THAT taking some personal responsibility?

The *unwanted pregnancy* rate is higher now than it was pre-pill.

As is the abortion rate.

So stop with the drivel about how the pill and abortion prevent unwanted pregnancies and abortion.

And if those consequences cost you? For example paying for welfare, child assistance programs, foster care, or higher abortion rates? Or you just say screw them, let the kids starve and that is that?
I don't care what happens to them or their kids, as long as I don't have to pay for it.

Except things do change.

In countries where birth control is readily available - abortion rates have gone DOWN. So have teen pregnancy rates. Isn't THAT taking some personal responsibility?
Birth control is readily available in our country. And so is abortion.

And the rates for unwanted pregnancies, unwed mothers, abortion AND stds skyrocketed the second they became readily available here.

I don't care what happens to them or their kids, as long as I don't have to pay for it.
I care for them, and I am willing to help them. In my own way, to the degree I choose.

There are countless examples of families who practiced "just personal responsibility", and are doing just fine. Take your pick, if you need examples. Ask them how they did it. I doubt they'll tell you that their success was due to their casual unprotected sex, starting at a young age. Apparently they made better decisions. Which usually leads to better outcomes.

Yet that doesn't apparently work well in the larger population or we wouldn't have the problems we do.

I'll add when it comes to sex, I don't believe that birth control alone is the answer - it goes hand in hand with education, particularly with young people. But freely available birth control does make a difference.

Mother Nature's baby-making instincts usually trump personal responsibility.

Except things do change.

Oh I get it now you want the government to force all women to take birth control pills so they can be submissive to men..

How feminist of you!

Forum List

Back