Why the fuck would a company hire someone and not tell the person

They don't have to tell you shit. Do your fucking job and shut up.

They don't have to tell me I will receive a 60 question mutiple choice test after lunch without notice??
Not til after lunch.

That's called DIRTY BUSINESS
No it's called reality. I give you 30 days to learn your job. If you have learned it to my satisfaction, I give you a raise and some benefits. If you don't, you have cost me money and provided nothing of value. I suppose I could keep on paying for incompetence but..... No Fuck it. Next candidate, please.

And then you have to interview someone all over again. So what happens if the next candidate fails the test? Got to interview again?
Yup

They have to take a test during probation which is on all the training you received during probation. If you pass you are part of the staff and if you fail you done. Shouldn't they tell people that shit in the interview? Now I have to wonder if I passed the fucking test all weekend to know if I will still be working.

Stupid ass companies
A common misconception is that testing positive on a standard company drug screen will automatically disqualify you from being hired by that company.

There are far more employees that suck

If that were true then all good employees would be making $100,000 per year because companies would want to avoid the risk of accidentally hiring an employee that sucks.

I doubt that all good employees are paid well.

I doubt that all employees that suck are paid poorly.
That's called a union...

"But when you are hired and receive a offer letter you think you are employed again. Only to find another barrier to employment"

Sounds like NEED to me.

If everybody needed a job so bad then they would all pay $7.25 an hour. There would be no jobs paying $7.26 an hour or higher. There is this misconception that companies always have the upper hand. There is another misconception that employees always have the upper hand. The truth is that there are billions of variables. Sometimes you are the bug. Sometimes you are the windshield. The world is more complex than,

"The company always screws the employees and the employees just has to take it."

The world is way more diverse than that.
To many people I know settle for employment that sucks.

I have noticed that too.
All jobs suck, get old and are boring......I usually whore myself out to the highest bidder for my labor...

I don't agree.

All days have their moments...but so do marriages...and I don't advocate breaking them up.

And no company has to make your job interesting. You can do that yourself within reason.

But if your job sucks....find a new one.
I do all the time, it's called self employment, been doing it for around 30 years....

Bully for you.....

I still don't agree that all jobs suck.
The only thing worse than having a job is looking for job.

"But when you are hired and receive a offer letter you think you are employed again. Only to find another barrier to employment"

Sounds like NEED to me.

If everybody needed a job so bad then they would all pay $7.25 an hour. There would be no jobs paying $7.26 an hour or higher. There is this misconception that companies always have the upper hand. There is another misconception that employees always have the upper hand. The truth is that there are billions of variables. Sometimes you are the bug. Sometimes you are the windshield. The world is more complex than,

"The company always screws the employees and the employees just has to take it."

I have noticed that too.
All jobs suck, get old and are boring......I usually whore myself out to the highest bidder for my labor...

I don't agree.

All days have their moments...but so do marriages...and I don't advocate breaking them up.

And no company has to make your job interesting. You can do that yourself within reason.

I do all the time, it's called self employment, been doing it for around 30 years....

Bully for you.....

Especially under the Obama economy

I don't agree.

Bully for you.....

The last time I had to look for a job, Reagan was President.

Isn't this the same guy complaining about his dates? What a whiner!

How would you have done things differently if you knew there was a test coming up? Pay attention?

How would you have done things differently if you knew there was a test coming up? Pay attention?
He may have tried to actually LEARN the job had he been told of the test in which case, the test and not the desire to become a valued employee, would have become motivation for learning.

I see a great deal of wisdom in NOT informing probationary employees of the test.

If you are intelligent and qualified for the job, what is the problem?

because I like to know when a test is so I can prepare for the shit
If you are qualified for the job, what is to prepare for?

They trying to see if I am qualified based on how well I do on the test from all the training I received
If you are qualified, there should not be a problem.
If he paid attention to the training he was getting he should have no problem either.

What did he think it was for, shits and giggles?

I thought it was for preparation for once I actually start doing the job not a fucking test

I'm saying the starting rate for base jobs in most corporations is around 25/30k ... less maybe if you work for a temp to hire agency.

So wayment
A company would actually offer a grown ass man a $25,000 salary?

I don't agree.

Bully for you.....

I only had to because the company I worked for moved it's business
I'm saying the starting rate for base jobs in most corporations is around 25/30k ... less maybe if you work for a temp to hire agency.

So wayment

For base pay work. Yes.

I thought all the training was for once I started doing the job. That's why I was taking notes to have once I started doing the job.

Understand mongo?

Bully for you.....

So wayment

For base pay work. Yes.

What if he has a family to support?

Bully for you.....

So wayment

For base pay work. Yes.

What if he has a family to support?

Then he needs to apply for a higher paying job or another par time job on the side.

who says you have any RIGHT to have kids that you can't raise properly? Before you HAVE a kid, you need at least 1/4 mill $ per kid, properly invested, so that the burden of raising those kids is not highly likely (at some point) to fall upon the taxpayer. So the fool having kids is not part of any intelligent debate. He's ALREADY proven himself to be a stupid, arrogant, selfish jerk, by having kids without the proper preparations' being done.

I thought all the training was for once I started doing the job. That's why I was taking notes to have once I started doing the job.

Understand mongo?
Yes, training is for the job. If they thought you should have to take notes they would have given you a heads up. But seriously, how hard is to to remember to take the fries out when it says "ding"?

Why? It's a good way to determine if the potential worker is smart enough, and committed enough to do the job.

But when you are hired and receive a offer letter you think you are employed again. Only to find another barrier to employment

A TEST

You were on probation, what did you think that meant?

That I would be evaluated on my job performance? Not a test

There are companies that test every year and if they like you, they find a way to make you pass and you stay and if you are lazy or a problem, it's a great excuse.

Forum List

Back