Why the liberals are lossing the debate about guns.

Liberals are losing the argument because they don't understand people's desire to arm themselves for defense in a world of modern dangers. There are a lot of similarities between the war on guns and the war on drugs. People will get them regardless of how much regulation is involved.

Well you are correct...liberals think they pass a law and it works perfectly....
Perhaps the most strange is that we rarely talk about the fact that for many "men" a gun is a penis extension
By "we" you mean people that cannot create a sound argument agianst guns and are thuslly to revert to mindless, bigoted ad homs.
:clap2:

Liberals are losing the argument because they don't understand people's desire to arm themselves for defense in a world of modern dangers. There are a lot of similarities between the war on guns and the war on drugs. People will get them regardless of how much regulation is involved.

Well you are correct...liberals think they pass a law and it works perfectly....

Perhaps the most strange is that we rarely talk about the fact that for many "men" a gun is a penis extension This manifests itself in many ways. But the entire irrational need to have a gun in the U.S. is, in large part, tied to the insecurity and uneasiness that many men have with their own masculinity. And so they need images and materials that help to bring masculinity to them. And guns are one major way they think to do this. With this illogical thinking, a gun is, in their mind, a sure prescription to virility. They show some distinct psychological irrationality in equating guns to the physical, the sexual, and to virility.

When we deal with gun-nuts in America, we are forced to take part in this thinking. And we are hesitant to point out the sexual inadequacies and mistaken masculine prowess that guns try to soothe. We are forced, by the very nature of the intimate ramifications of this gun mentality, to be civilized and not bring it up. Therefore we surrender some of the best points of argument to the people who give mistaken identity to what guns are, what they are not, and what they represent.

Perhaps the reason we never talk about it is no one believes that Freudian psycho sexual bullshit anymore.

You know......................making straw purchases a felony may have kept the CO warden alive, because the chick that bought him the weapon he used to kill him, as well as a TX policeman, knew she would go to jail for life, maybe she wouldn't have bought it for him.

Yeah..............background checks, and making straw purchases a felony is a good start.

So is limiting the amount of ammo a gun can have before reloading to 10 rounds is a better start.

Check out the latest information on Sandy Hook if you don't believe.

You know......................making straw purchases a felony may have kept the CO warden alive, because the chick that bought him the weapon he used to kill him, as well as a TX policeman, knew she would go to jail for life, maybe she wouldn't have bought it for him.

Yeah..............background checks, and making straw purchases a felony is a good start.

So is limiting the amount of ammo a gun can have before reloading to 10 rounds is a better start.

Straw purchases are already a felony.
Limiting mag capacity doesn't do anything.

Now back to you from Planet Earth.

I suggest everyone read this in its entirety. If I could I would quote it entirely and force every gun control nut to read it every day before they go to bed. It is, by far, the single best exposure of the hypocrisy built into the gun control position you will ever read.

Or, How I Learned To Stop Caring.
By way of introduction, I'd like to explain some of my former positions. Please do not reply and tell me why I'm wrong. That's not relevant to this post. These WERE my positions, for right or wrong.
I used to believe women had a right to reproductive choice. As a male, I will obviously never have an abortion. I supported access because birth control is cheaper than abortions, abortions are cheaper than welfare, welfare is cheaper than jail. And I don't believe the government is capable of legislating for every circumstance. Most of the time, a woman and her doctor will make a decision that works for the situation, and until a baby is an independent organism, it's a parasite. This was also important to me because my wife was warned that a further pregnancy could kill her. That's been surgically remedied and is no longer a problem.
I used to believe gays were entitled to relate as they wished, including marriage. What two people do together doesn't affect me unless I'm one of them.
I used to believe it was wrong to treat people differently based on their skin color. Even if a few people fit a stereotype, millions of others do not.
I used to believe there should be a strong division between church and state, that any support of a religious entity using property of the state constituted endorsement and was wrong.
I used to believe people had a right to protest, campaign, rant and create non-violent incidents to express themselves and their positions. I also believed they had a right to publish as they chose. I believed they were entitled to burn the Flag in protest, to make a statement.
I have obviously been at odds with conservatives over these positions. There have been loud arguments, heated discussions and occasional insults.

Every fucking asshole that supports restricting guns should be taken into a back room at the jail and beaten with a rubber hose just to remind them about why rights for everyone matter.

It's a lie to even suggest the right only cares about children BEFORE they are born. Even as we speak, the right wing is figuring out new ways to target the needs of these children. They want to fund education. Make sure they have enough to eat. They want poor children to have health care.

ivoryocean_TargetPractice.gif

Just kidding. For a minute, I had'ya, didn't I?

Limiting mag capacity means they would need to stop to reload after every 5 or 10 shots.

Did that really have to be explained? Really? Something so obvious?

This is why the lack of communication. When people are blinded to something so fucking obvious.

Limiting mag capacity means they would need to stop to reload after every 5 or 10 shots.

This is why the lack of communication. When people are blinded to something so fucking obvious.

why do you believe that a criminal is going to obey a magazine limit

why do you want to limit the number of life savers

an honest gun owner can have

are you willing to have the police to have to reload after every 5 or ten shots

Tell that to the parents of all those toddlers. Send them a message and tell them how your plan protects their children.

It's incredibly disgusting to exploit dead children killed by a nutcase to take away constitutional protections for millions of law-abiding citizens.

Just sayin'.

You know, straw purchases are a felony.

I guess that makes you as wrong about the law as you are about the Navy.

Actually..................if you buy liquor or beer for a person under the age of 18, it carries LESS penalties than it does if you buy guns for a person with a felony under their belt.

I mean............................the dude that killed the CO prisons person had someone buy them a gun, and they're just now being prosecuted.

Gun fanatic logic:

1. Obama wants to take our guns
2. In order to do this, he will have to rely on the 800,000, to 900,000 law enforcement professionls in this country
3. There are over 300,000,000 guns in this country
4. Therefore, Obama will have to use the military to take away our guns
5. As a conservative, I loudly applaud our heros in the military, and support our troops in all that they do
6. Therefore, I support the military, who are the ones who will be assigned the task of taking away our guns.
7. Nobody, including the military, had better take way my guns, because I will fight for my 2nd ammendment rights by using my guns against the military, which, as a patriot, I value and respect above all else. God bless our troops.
I've fought my father and why is that? Because he stepped over the line once.

Tell that to the parents of all those toddlers. Send them a message and tell them how your plan protects their children.

my plan does protect the children

the lie they believed in was

that their children had been safe in a gun free zone

the murdering only stopped when the shooter

decided to stop it

look at the pain liberal gun control laws like "gun free zones" has caused

she was a believer in in the lie

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i25SkALKbKQ]Connecticut Shooting- Sandy Hook Elementary Teacher Kaitlin Roig Protected Her Students - YouTube[/ame]

more and more states and school districts are ending your nonsense

anti gun polices in favor of adding armed protection

Fallacy: Appeal to emotion
Thank you for demonstrating so very clearly why the anti-gun loons are losing the argument,

Actually..................if you buy liquor or beer for a person under the age of 18, it carries LESS penalties than it does if you buy guns for a person with a felony under their belt.
Straw purchases are a federal felony.
So, your statement is either a lie or stems from ignorance.
Your call on that.

Simple reason...MONEY

The NRA givens tons of money to GOP congressmen and they vote to keep weapons in the hands of everyone. It is only a matter of time until another mass shooting. The outrage will once again threaten the well being of the gun industry. Then the wacko element of the NRA will scream that someone "is trying to do away with the second amendment! Then they write some big checks to republicans and eventually the public outrage subsides.

It is a dangerous cycle. I just pray that the victims of the next mass shooting are not my grand kids or friends. You need to pray the same thing. You know it will happen again...

Why the liberals are losing the debate about guns.

Because they think that saying Obama gun laws are just like Hitler's is a good thing

Forum List

Back