Why the liberals are lossing the debate about guns.

You know......................making straw purchases a felony may have kept the CO warden alive, because the chick that bought him the weapon he used to kill him, as well as a TX policeman, knew she would go to jail for life, maybe she wouldn't have bought it for him.

Yeah..............background checks, and making straw purchases a felony is a good start.

So is limiting the amount of ammo a gun can have before reloading to 10 rounds is a better start.

Check out the latest information on Sandy Hook if you don't believe.

You know, straw purchases are a felony.

I guess that makes you as wrong about the law as you are about the Navy.

Actually..................if you buy liquor or beer for a person under the age of 18, it carries LESS penalties than it does if you buy guns for a person with a felony under their belt.

I mean............................the dude that killed the CO prisons person had someone buy them a gun, and they're just now being prosecuted.

Supplying alcohol to a minor is less of an offense than straw purchases? Damn, what will we do.

That happened last week, are they supposed to prosecute people before they commit a crime?

Limiting mag capacity means they would need to stop to reload after every 5 or 10 shots.

Did that really have to be explained? Really? Something so obvious?

This is why the lack of communication. When people are blinded to something so fucking obvious.

why do you believe that a criminal is going to obey a magazine limit

why do you want to limit the number of life savers

an honest gun owner can have

are you willing to have the police to have to reload after every 5 or ten shots

Tell that to the parents of all those toddlers. Send them a message and tell them how your plan protects their children.

There was a threat found on a bathroom wall in a school recently in California. Some of the parents responded by keeping their kids home, the school sent out truancy notices.

Want to explain to me how guns are the problem again?

Public opinion supports further gun control. That debate has been won. Unfortunately Senators and House members aren't obligated to vote according to public opinion.

Simple reason...MONEY
The NRA givens tons of money to GOP congressmen....
Do you believe that the NRA does not give money to Dem congressmen/candidates?

...and they vote to keep weapons in the hands of everyone.
Thiis is a lie, as no one has proposed, much less voted for, legislation that keeps guns in the hands of everyone.

It is only a matter of time until another mass shooting.
Something you hope and pray for every day, as it helps you push your anti-gun agenda.

Last edited:

I hear this one alot. Why is it that criminals aren't using machine guns and grenades? Do they choose to follow the laws against those?

I hear this one alot. Why is it that criminals aren't using machine guns and grenades? Do they choose to follow the laws against those?

Fully automatic guns have been illegal since 1934, and grenades as well under the NFA of 1968...which makes both difficult to acquire.

Magazines, however, are easily fabricated. So, unless you wish to make semi-automatic guns and supplies completely illegal, and institute nationwide seizures, limiting the size of magazines is not practical.

Of course, I suspect the outright total gun ban option is your true agenda.

Fully automatic guns have been illegal since 1934, and grenades as well under the NFA of 1968...which makes both difficult to acquire.

Magazines, however, are easily fabricated. So, unless you wish to make semi-automatic guns and supplies completely illegal, and institute nationwide seizures, limiting the size of magazines is not practical.

It's at least as easy to convert a semi-automatic assault rifle to full automatic. You're making an argument for the assault weapons ban.

So I guess your saying the the laws actually work, it just takes time. Kinda like the assault weapons/magazine capacity ban we had. Would probably be working better and better each year. Being a gun owner my true agenda is not outright total gun ban, though it's amusing that the extreme gun supporters like to acuse everyone of that. I don't really have an agenda at the moment. It does seem to me that limiting magazine capacity would be a good idea. You can still defend yourself, but the mass killer is greatly slowed. Tell me where it is flawed? The above shows that laws can work given time, so the criminals won't follow them argument is not valid.

You have 90% public support for universal background checks.

Universal background checks are further gun control.

I said public opinion supports further gun control. Now tell me what is incorrect in the above.

That only exists because people keep lying about how no one has to go through a background check at gun shows, and that 40$ of purchases do not go through checks.

It's at least as easy to convert a semi-automatic assault rifle to full automatic. You're making an argument for the assault weapons ban.

Anyone that has a few tools can make a magazine in their garage, I bet you couldn't convert a semi automatic rifle to fully automatic if I gave you the parts and spotted you a teacher.

Nope. They break the laws regarding machineguns every chance they get.

The difference, of course, is that there are LOT more magazines than machineguns and magazines cost considerably less; because of ths there is a much greater opportunity to obtain them.

Passing a law will not prevent people from doing whatever is outlawd by said law.

So I guess your saying the the laws actually work, it just takes time. Kinda like the assault weapons/magazine capacity ban we had. Would probably be working better and better each year. Being a gun owner my true agenda is not outright total gun ban, though it's amusing that the extreme gun supporters like to acuse everyone of that. I don't really have an agenda at the moment. It does seem to me that limiting magazine capacity would be a good idea. You can still defend yourself, but the mass killer is greatly slowed. Tell me where it is flawed? The above shows that laws can work given time, so the criminals won't follow them argument is not valid.

No, your reading comprehension is as faulty as your point of view.

Why would a criminal go through the trouble of buying a black market machine gun when there are much easier alternatives at hand?

A machine gun is much more complicated to make at home than is a high capacity magazine. You are comparing apples and oranges. A ban on the latter will just enable a black market "bootleg" opportunity for people who can do a bit of sheet metal work.

All your total prohibition would accomplish is to make law abiding citizens less able to defend themselves...but that is always the goal of totalitarian nanny staters such as yourself.

Last edited:

Actually, the laws don't. It is pretty easy to get a fully automatic weapon if you want one, it just turns out that very few people really do.

So I guess your saying the the laws actually work, it just takes time. Kinda like the assault weapons/magazine capacity ban we had. Would probably be working better and better each year.
The number of murders involving 'assault weapons' went -down- after the 1994 ban expired.

You have 90% public support for universal background checks.

Universal background checks are further gun control.

I said public opinion supports further gun control. Now tell me what is incorrect in the above.

That only exists because people keep lying about how no one has to go through a background check at gun shows, and that 40$ of purchases do not go through checks.

If that were true, then why the hysteria from extremists like you of having the law pass?

I

Every fucking asshole that supports restricting guns should be taken into a back room at the jail and beaten with a rubber hose just to remind them about why rights for everyone matter.

That's how you win the debate? lol

So someone who wants laws in place that restrict the ability of felons convicted of gun crimes to legally and easily purchase firearms is someone who should be beaten up?

I am almost surprised that you were able to post something that makes you look even more stupid than the boatload of stupidity you've already entertained us with on this forum.

Oh, and btw, your scenario above in your world would be impossible, since you believe in no government whatsoever...

...there would therefore be no jails. lol

I see you missed the point.

Missing the point is his only talent.

Forum List

Back