Why the removal of the confederate flag should be a non issue.

So you remove it from a museum site.
It's still on bumper stickers, front yard flagpoles, garage walls, window curtains.

Like the OP said, it's the racism and bigoted people (of both races) that is the bigger problem.
That AND mental illness sets people off.
That one particular thing is just a sign of a symptom, not the true disease

Not to mention, once you make a big deal out of an inanimate symbol (which gives it power) to remove it from the state house, you get more bumper stickers, yard decorations, T-shirts and such, largely from people who weren't displaying it for racist reasons in the first place.
I, for one, dont really care what some pion, white trash hillbilly, displays on his bumper. When a symbol of racism is flown on a government building its a reminder they support the same racism.

Last edited:
Gotta wonder if we wont see an explosion of Confederate Battle Flags hanging in front of peoples homes?
It'll be a good indicator of public opinion at the very least.
That'll show those negroes

Funny,I look at it like a good way to judge public opinion.
Not really unless you are going to visit every neighborhood in the US. We know with certainty you are too frightened to do that.

It's still on bumper stickers, front yard flagpoles, garage walls, window curtains.

Like the OP said, it's the racism and bigoted people (of both races) that is the bigger problem.

Not to mention, once you make a big deal out of an inanimate symbol (which gives it power) to remove it from the state house, you get more bumper stickers, yard decorations, T-shirts and such, largely from people who weren't displaying it for racist reasons in the first place.
Yup....

And dis ritecheer will pees of a hole buncha Bubbas
Walmart to stop selling Confederate flag merchandise - CNNPolitics.com

I think you meant government site instead of museum. No one cares if people have it on their personal stuff but it shouldnt be state sanctioned. Or better yet put the Black power flag up right next to it and call it a day.

It is not State sanctioned.
It is flying over a war memorlal in front the State Capital done by the Sons of the Confederate.

I think you meant government site instead of museum. No one cares if people have it on their personal stuff but it shouldnt be state sanctioned. Or better yet put the Black power flag up right next to it and call it a day.

The Confederate flag is flying over a Civil War memorial site that is in front of the State Capital.
The Confederate flag is not flying over the State Capital.
http://www.lustik.com/images/South_Carolina_State_Capital.jpg

It is flying over a war memorlal in front the State Capital done by the Sons of the Confederate.

The Confederate flag is flying over a Civil War memorial site that is in front of the State Capital.
You do realize you said the "state capital" right?

It is flying over a Civil War memorlal in front the State Capital done by the Sons of the Confederate.

Must be on state grounds or this wouldnt be happening....

"Today we are here in a moment of unity in our state without ill will to say it is time to remove the flag from our capitol grounds,"
-Nikki Haley

Nikki Haley calls for removal of Confederate flag - CNNPolitics.com

We aren't talking about South Carolina's State Capital?
I thought that we were.

I thought that we were.
We are. Nikki Haley is the governor of S. Carolina.

"South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley on Monday called for the removal of the Confederate flag from the grounds of the State House."

It is flying over a Civil War memorlal in front the State Capital done by the Sons of the Confederate.

Must be on state grounds or this wouldnt be happening....

"Today we are here in a moment of unity in our state without ill will to say it is time to remove the flag from our capitol grounds,"
-Nikki Haley

Nikki Haley calls for removal of Confederate flag - CNNPolitics.com

Yes it is in the front lawn of the Capital.

I thought that we were.

"South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley on Monday called for the removal of the Confederate flag from the grounds of the State House."

Then what was your question about me saying state capital?

I agree. This shift to a flag is a giant distraction. Let's face it -- it wasn't a flag that went to a church and gunned down nine people. Nor did the guy who did it, do it because the flag exists.

I guess it's easier to get lost in a rhetorical gunfight over an inanimate object symbol than to confront our own collective cultural psyche.

This is the 3rd time, we've allowed the media to distract us from what is important in this country, the SYG laws that took out Martin and the impact it plays in this country...one day we're talking about it, the next day it over, because Zimmerman decided to go rouge. Next it was the deaths of all these black guys at the hands of cops, then the rioting started and that discussion was lost, now this....9 people gunned down and we're talking about this damned flag.

The media clearly is ruled by the powers that be, ie corporate america and ratings.

Every single time there is an opportunity for this nation to have a real discussion about race and the impact it is having in this country, the media always manages to devert our attention away from it. From the Martin case, from Ferguson and now this non issue shit....Removing that flag will not change the minds of anyone bent on hatred and the worshiping of its purpose. With or without that flag waving in SC, that murderous nut would still have harvest the same hostilities and anger. Its just a symbol, just as the word N**** is just a word. It the minds and what people make of it, that gives the flag, the N word its power. Without our internalizing these symbols, they hold no power over anyone.

I am for keeping the flag. I say this because taking it down, will only increase the anger and bitterness so many white people are harvesting today and its not the whites who will feel the brunt of this gesture, once again black people will have to carry those burdens.

That is why we must, we must divert our attentions back to what is seriously ailing his nation and that is racism and bigotry. Until we collectively sat down and hold real discussions that bring about real changes, we will continue to defuse and minimize what is important for this nation to grow up and finally rid ourselves of the dark past.
Ahh Discussion......That is the key word...
While I support and agree with a conversation of some kind, we both know that louder and less rational voices will eventually turn the discussion into an argument.
Sad.....
Sad that we are forced to talk 'about' each other rather than 'to' each other.
That even happens here. There are people so stubborn in their own view that they believe they are the only one who is right must express their viewpoint with anger and vitriol....
Why the rest of us do not marginalize these people into insignificance is a mystery.

I thought that we were.

Then what was your question about me saying state capital?
You said it wasnt state sanctioned but it clearly is.

Flag is gone

Shed no tears

Oh, there's gonna be tears shed, because black people all around this country are gonna have to contend with crazy whites who will take this shit out on some innocent black person and you heard it here first. This is bad on all accounts.

What does "the removal" mean? Y'all lefties have a mentally impaired shooter who was probably drug dosed by the system all of his school years and y'all want to legalize marijuana and outlaw historic symbols you don't agree with. No surprises here.

As many people who want to remove the flag its still there. This isn't quite that kind of dictatorship yet.

Forum List

Back